Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80147 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

What outlet have you founded?

You are making this about me?   Let's just accept the premise that I am worthless,  and turn our attention back to the problem that great forces are at work to censor the internet.   

I don't see attacking me for not solving the problem all by my lonesome as a relevant point in this discussion.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What outlet have you founded?

@Suppressed
That is a bizarre statement.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

Yeah? So?  Everyone's a hypocrite except for me.

Offline DiogenesLamp

No one seems to want to address this.  It seem to me a worse problem than the current situation.

The media already serves as the mouthpiece of the left.  You somehow think they could do more of this than they already do?   

Looking at your theoretical argument,  If the right gains power and forces the media to spew propaganda for the right,  then that would be a change from what they are doing now.   When the left resumes power,  they would simply return to what they were doing before the right gained power.   

One of the things I have suggested is that we simply use the power of government to force media corporations to refrain from discriminating against conservatives in their hiring and promotion practices.

They accept this idea when it comes to blacks,  I'm just saying we can make them institute an affirmative action hiring policy for conservatives.   

Conservatives make up something like 45%  of the nation,  so the media corporation's employment should reflect numbers that represent a staff made up of similar percentages.   

Not having the "correct"  quota of conservatives on your staff can constitute a violation of anti-discrimination laws.    Big fines for discrimination can be imposed.   

What's wrong with this approach?  (Other than that we are using a Liberal principle to achieve this result.) 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

This statement overlooks what I have become aware is a real problem;  Too many GOP are Democrats in disguise.   

We actually have only a small number of people in Congress that are actually GOP.

This is true. Yet the GOP is a winning brand, and there is a golden opportunity to pick up a number of seats in '18. At least a dozen are argueably on the table. 

That means getting good people in primaries who are conservative and either beating the incumbent or getting the nomination and winning the general.

If we walk in next year with 60+ seats, then it's going to require 10 or more defectors rather than 3 (McCain, Collins, Murkowski). That's a great deal harder to make excuses for when bills don't get enough votes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So you would force the media to cover stories it is supposedly ignoring? And what would happen when a Democrat President came to power? Would I be forced to hear about gender equality and climate change all day long on conservative platforms?

Excellent point and the answer to your two questions is yes.

People don't seem to grasp the law of unintended consequences.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So you would force the media to cover stories it is supposedly ignoring? And what would happen when a Democrat President came to power? Would I be forced to hear about gender equality and climate change all day long on conservative platforms?

Why should the only recourse be, for a willfully damaging news story based upon lies and innuendos from anonymous sources, to force them to rebut it on their own networks?

How does one reach the audience of the affected with sinister lies, meant to keep their viewers from knowing the TRUTH?

Do you force them to cover previously ignored stories?  NO!

You charge them with willful intent to deceive the People of the USA and then you prove it in a public trial.

President Trump is merely snapping his fingers to bring everyone's attention to the matter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:54:09 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Here is a question for Trump’s critics defending NBC’s freedom to print lies.

NBC has a news blackout on the Harvey Weinstein story. Any guesses why?

NBC Universal (parent company of NBC) does millions in business with the Weinstein company. No big deal, you say? They’re just exercising their power to ignore, you say?

In whose interest is that?

Still trust NBC to uphold the public’s interest?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

NBC Universal (parent company of NBC) does millions in business with the Weinstein company. No big deal, you say? They’re just exercising their power to ignore, you say?

AP spiked stories about Russian genocide in the 1930's in Siberia and the NYT downplayed the NAZI Holocaust for all of WWII.

This is nothing new.  Just like media having a Liberal bent is as predictable as the sun coming up.

If this was Obama threatening Fox your attitude would be completely different...in fact it probably was every time he badmouthed FNC.

You're all about revenge. 

The First Amendment protects NBC even when they are acting the way the are.  It doesn't just protect speech you agree with...but that with which you disagree with as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Concerned

Whether I like or trust a news source or not, I still don’t want big government revoking or otherwise “challenging” licenses to news sources that they deem are unfair, lying, or simply not to their liking. Most conservatives would have screamed bloody murder had Obama threatened this on Fox News but many Trump supporters are all-in when Donald effectively threatens censorship. It seems to me that you either have conservative/Constitutional principles or you don’t.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:51:07 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline musiclady

Whether I like or trust a news source or not, I still don’t want big government revoking or other “challenging” licenses to news sources that they deem are unfair, lying, or simply not to their liking. Most conservatives would have screamed bloody murder had Obama threatened this on Fox News but many Trump supporters are all-in when Donald effectively threatens censorship. It seems to me that you either have conservative/Constitutional principles or you don’t.

That's the bottom line.

Revenge, getting even, censorship, and "fairness" are not conservative principles.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Reminds me of the young woman who knows her boyfriend is a dirty rotten scoundrel. He cheats on her, treats her like dirt, humiliates her in front of her friends. But, she just can’t let go and stays with him through all the abuse.

“Lie to me again, Johnny.”

Offline kevindavis007

Whether I like or trust a news source or not, I still don’t want big government revoking or other “challenging” licenses to news sources that they deem are unfair, lying, or simply not to their liking. Most conservatives would have screamed bloody murder had Obama threatened this on Fox News but many Trump supporters are all-in when Donald effectively threatens censorship. It seems to me that you either have conservative/Constitutional principles or you don’t.

:amen: :amen:

The constitution is a suicide pact.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

Fascinating how you twist what others have said into a "you-hate-Trump-so-you-love-NBC-and-defend-their-lies" tommyrot.

I guess those ridiculous false ad hominems are all you've got when you have to defend a direct violation of the First Amendment.  :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Reminds me of the young woman who knows her boyfriend is a dirty rotten scoundrel. He cheats on her, treats her like dirt, humiliates her in front of her friends. But, she just can’t let go and stays with him through all the abuse.

“Lie to me again, Johnny.”

While what you are advocating is that the young woman go in direct violation of the law to stop her boyfriend.

SOME of us actually believe in the law, and want it upheld.

@aligncare
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:45:30 pm by musiclady »

Offline jpsb

Open up the market and allow anyone to play who wants to.

That will never happen. A few years back 1999 ish, Congress told the FCC to
allow low power broadcasters (under 100 watts) to operate without a license.
I immediately bought all the equipment I would need to operate a 40 watt
station. I also bought a beer joint to put it in. I was going to be rich radio
station/beer joint. Well guess what, the BIG broadcasters flipped out. No way
they could complete against 10,000 jpsbs broadcast original content.  They
lobbied Congress and the ban on anything over a 1/4 watt was restored. I got
stuck with 5,000 in useless equipment and a run down beer joint. Thanks a lot
Congress.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe
If it weren't for the media we would have 'won' the war in Vietnam.
Precisely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You are not a moron.  You just say moron things like this. 

Trump is exactly right to do this.  I have been trying to get people to threaten these propaganda bastards for years,  and Trump is finally the man with enough guts to do it! 

The media corporations are our enemy.  They are the propaganda corps for the left in this nation,  and they have been manipulating elections with their lies,  their omissions,  and their spin,  and it's way past time we did a frontal assault on their legitimacy and their continued lawful operation in this country. 

Yes,  pulling their licenses is exactly the appropriate thing to threaten these bastards with.   I would be threatening Federal prosecutions if it were up to me.   I'd have the FEC all over them, I'd have the EEOC all over them,   I would be having the Justice Department bringing anti-trust lawsuits against them,   I would be using whatever power I could bring to bear in an effort to cut their financial throats. 

These are our enemies,  and they have been our enemies since at least the Nixon/Kennedy election,  and probably a lot longer than that.   

We need to stick a knife in them anywhere we can.

I would like to quote your post a hundred times on this thread because it is absolutely true.

The media has way too much power to lie, to slant, to ignore and to shape our perception of reality.

They have to be curtailed from lying.  I would make the ability to sue the media easier to do.  Right now, it's almost impossible because one has to prove intent to harm and that is a nebulous thing to try and prove.

But it's totally obvious that there is both intent to harm and harm done.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online roamer_1

This is true. Yet the GOP is a winning brand, and there is a golden opportunity to pick up a number of seats in '18. At least a dozen are argueably on the table. 

That means getting good people in primaries who are conservative and either beating the incumbent or getting the nomination and winning the general.

If we walk in next year with 60+ seats, then it's going to require 10 or more defectors rather than 3 (McCain, Collins, Murkowski). That's a great deal harder to make excuses for when bills don't get enough votes.

As long as people continue to be 'pragmatic' and vote party, we will continue to get politicians. The ENTIRE reason the congress is paralyzed right now is because of pragmatism being the word, rather than Conservatism. Vote for men who will undoubtedly stand for Conservative principles, and you will begin to tip the balance the other way.

We NEED tried and true, true-blue, rock-ribbed, Conservative statesmen, and literally nothing else will do.

Until the American people understand that, nothing will change.
this current government is a symptom (including Tump).

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
AP spiked stories about Russian genocide in the 1930's in Siberia and the NYT downplayed the NAZI Holocaust for all of WWII.

This is nothing new.  Just like media having a Liberal bent is as predictable as the sun coming up.

If this was Obama threatening Fox your attitude would be completely different...in fact it probably was every time he badmouthed FNC.

You're all about revenge. 

The First Amendment protects NBC even when they are acting the way the are.  It doesn't just protect speech you agree with...but that with which you disagree with as well.

Yes!!  Revenge.  I want revenge against a slanted media which has lied to us for years, covered up for Hillary and Obama and trashed Trump with every breath.

What do we know about Obama after 9 years in the public eye?  Zip, zero, nada.  His secrets (and I know they are many) are still safe in the closet behind the coats and boots.  Why?  Because this media loves and protects him.  Yes, I want to hurt them.

And what about that beloved couple, The Clinton's.  Murderers, rapists, cheaters, liars or just lovable good old boys and girls.  Depends on the media, of course.

Yes, I would LOVE some revenge.  Make them prove the truth of what they print.  Make them give equal time to people who want to refute their stories.  Grind them into dust and salt the ground.

Offline Suppressed

You are making this about me?   Let's just accept the premise that I am worthless,  and turn our attention back to the problem that great forces are at work to censor the internet.   

I don't see attacking me for not solving the problem all by my lonesome as a relevant point in this discussion.

Nice try to weasel out.

You were the one whining about how a high percentage of the media is left-wing, yet you've done nothing to change that.  Rather than lift a finger, your first reaction is to try to tear down America's Constitution. 

Let's just accept the premise that I am worthless

No.  Because attacking America's foundation is worse than worthless.

I encourage you to rethink your position.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

During the election, we were told to ignore the odors of fascism that seemed to be wafting from some corners of the Trump campaign.

Now, we're told to breathe deeply and inhale the full-fledged stench of government-controlled media.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online roamer_1

I would like to quote your post a hundred times on this thread because it is absolutely true.

The media has way too much power to lie, to slant, to ignore and to shape our perception of reality.

They have to be curtailed from lying.  I would make the ability to sue the media easier to do.  Right now, it's almost impossible because one has to prove intent to harm and that is a nebulous thing to try and prove.

But it's totally obvious that there is both intent to harm and harm done.

That cannot - CANNOT - be done with regulation. All you are doing is setting up the Office of Propaganda. If you find it so repugnant, then encourage libel and slander suits. That is what is supposed to keep them flying right and telling the truth.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That cannot - CANNOT - be done with regulation. All you are doing is setting up the Office of Propaganda. If you find it so repugnant, then encourage libel and slander suits. That is what is supposed to keep them flying right and telling the truth.

Well, that's what I said, isn't it?

I suggested making the standard for suing low enough so that it is possible to do so.

And, you don't find it repugnant that the media has lied to us for years?  I do.  If you're from TOS, remember the joy in the land when Dan Rather was outed for blatantly lying about George W. Bush.  One of TOS's finest moments.

As I said in an earlier post, the media DOES have too much power.  What do we know about Obama?  Nothing.

What do we know about Sarah Palin?  Everything, including where she does her laundry.

If only the left put as much value on the right to bear arms as they do on free speech.

How many laws have been made abridging the right to bear arms in some ways?  Yeah, right.

And how many laws have been passed abridging some of the total rights of the media to lie, scam, slant and omit?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes!!  Revenge.  I want revenge against a slanted media which has lied to us for years, covered up for Hillary and Obama and trashed Trump with every breath.

You think Big Government is the right tool for the job of revenge?  Really?  That is at least as cringe-worthy as just about anything Obama or Clinton has ever done.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: