Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80634 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

I think I'd rather slit my wrists than get meal advice from Redbook.  I didn't realize that high rollers went to dentists that had shitty mag like Redbook in the waiting room.  Mine has Garden & Gun and Architectural Digest.

Alright. You got me. It wasn't a Redbook at the dentist. It was a 22 year old Hustler at my bookies.....but the advice still seems sound.

BTW your eggs sound downright unAmerican. You raised in some sort of hippie commune?

Offline RoosGirl

You raised in some sort of hippie commune?

What of it?

Offline RoosGirl

I'm a low roller.  Can I use mayo to get the hair out of my gum when I leave on the bedpost overnight?

Wow, mayo flavored gum sounds incredible.

Offline Frank Cannon

What of it?

Just feeling you out. You still know anyone from the old neighborhood? My pot dealer got busted last week and I need a new connection.

Offline Frank Cannon

Online roamer_1

I'm a low roller.  Can I use mayo to get the hair out of my gum when I leave on the bedpost overnight?

If your gums are growing hair, you need to let the mash set another night.

Offline RoosGirl

LOL  I shit you not, my mother, who is normally a pretty good cook is describing this dip that a friend of hers makes that is soooo delicious.  She starts telling me it is a mixture of some unfathomable amount of mayo, diced onions and mozzarella cheese that you then bake in the oven.  So that's a big nope for me.

My husband will not eat anything with mayo even near it.

Offline Frank Cannon

My husband will not eat anything with mayo even near it.

Obviously a man of discriminating tastes.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps on winning!

Treading water in the swamp may just be winning in his case.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Today’s journalists have abdicated their duty under the constitution. There’s no penumbra in the first amendment that would protect the press from deliberate lying to the public.

Broadcasters must meet certain obligations to the public in order to renew their licenses. So, why shouldn’t a news network be held to a simple standard of veracity?
Well, better late than never. We have been listening to increasing levels of lies since Walter Cronkite declared the Vietnam War "Lost" even as Marines were finishing off the last major cadre of VC in Hue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What a moron.

You looking for a job as SoS?  It will likely be available in a few weeks, a month tops.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

36% is still a very small percentage. The bulk of that concentrated in New York and LA with Chigaco in the mix as well.

Ok so even if I agree with the premise that is a big chunk (I don't) the second and third order effects by suck a stupid move would put HUNDREDS of locally owned and operated stations out if business.

Where is the sense in that simply because Trump is throwing a tantrum?
Once again, I am not defending what Trump did.  He is effectively censoring.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

Why not?  You've said before that posting negative things about Trump damages him, so apparently we on this forum have more power than we ever imagined.

@CatherineofAragon
I think I said it was boring.   Now I'm not suggesting you are boring, just the constant fixation with everything is bad the sky is falling trump is a buffooon gets old after the first year or so.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Once again, I am not defending what Trump did.  He is effectively censoring.

@IsailedawayfromFR no I know you're not.  Trust me my quarrel on this isn't with you. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well, better late than never. We have been listening to increasing levels of lies since Walter Cronkite declared the Vietnam War "Lost" even as Marines were finishing off the last major cadre of VC in Hue.

@Smokin Joe
If it weren't for the media we would have 'won' the war in Vietnam.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is correct for calling out NBC. Broadcasters must meet certain obligations to the public in order to renew their licenses. So, why shouldn’t a news network be held to a simple standard of veracity?

If they are committing libel, then he can sue. But yanking the licenses is dictator stuff.

With the One Rump, the right has lost all moral authority, at least for the people who defended him. If Douche Limpballs loses his broadcast license under a leftist president, he has nobody to blame but himself, because he supported the One Rump. All the idiot loudmouths on AM stations frankly will have no moral authority.

Not to mention the fact that the One Rump doesn't know what he's talking about, there are only licenses for local affiliate broadcasters. There are no cable TV licenses. But you knew that.

Offline aligncare

@Smokin Joe
If it weren't for the media we would have 'won' the war in Vietnam.

Have you noticed the wall-to-wall news coverage of the public corruption trial of senator Menendez (D), NJ? Of course not! The airwaves are dead silent. If he had (R) after his name the court proceedings would have preempted daytime soaps and been televised live on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and probably FOX.

Why would I bring this up? Because the media’s power to ignore (thanks, @DCPatriot) is equally destructive of Americans’ freedoms as are their FAKE NEWS stories.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:40:06 pm by aligncare »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Have you noticed the wall-to-wall news coverage of the public corruption trial of senator Menendez (D), NJ? Of course not! The airwaves are dead silent. If he had (R) after his name the court proceedings would have preempted daytime soaps and be televised live on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and probably FOX.

Why would I bring this up? Because the media’s power to ignore (thanks, @DCPatriot) is equally destructive of Americans’ freedoms as are their FAKE NEWS stories.

So you would force the media to cover stories it is supposedly ignoring? And what would happen when a Democrat President came to power? Would I be forced to hear about gender equality and climate change all day long on conservative platforms?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Rose McGowan’s Twitter account suspended: ‘There are powerful forces at work’

Oct. 12 (UPI) — Rose McGowan was informed Wednesday that her Twitter account has been suspended as the actress continued to speak out against Harvey Weinstein and others for their sexual misconduct.

“TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY,” McGowan wrote on Instagram to inform her followers of what happened to her Twitter account.

McGowan also shared a photo of the notification Twitter sent her stating that she would not be able to tweet, retweet or like other tweets for 12 hours.

“We have determined this account violated the Twitter Rules, so we’ve temporarily limited some of your account features,” the message from the social media company read.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/rose-mcgowans-twitter-account-suspended-there-are-powerful-forces-at-work/

But of course *WE*  will be able to rely on an internet that is controlled 90% by left wing people in Silicon Valley.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

What influence do they have? Despite their best efforts the GOP runs the country and the Dems are in shambles.

This statement overlooks what I have become aware is a real problem;  Too many GOP are Democrats in disguise.   

We actually have only a small number of people in Congress that are actually GOP. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

This statement overlooks what I have become aware is a real problem;  Too many GOP are Democrats in disguise.   

We actually have only a small number of people in Congress that are actually GOP.

Exactly.  Even if the Republicans could get airtime, their lack of a message makes that airtime less than worthless. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

Treading water in the swamp may just be winning in his case.

I think surprising/scaring the local swamp dwellers is also key to improving things.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Suppressed

But of course *WE*  will be able to rely on an internet that is controlled 90% by left wing people in Silicon Valley.

What outlet have you founded?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

So you would force the media to cover stories it is supposedly ignoring? And what would happen when a Democrat President came to power? Would I be forced to hear about gender equality and climate change all day long on conservative platforms?

No one seems to want to address this.  It seem to me a worse problem than the current situation.

Offline Frank Cannon

Rose McGowan’s Twitter account suspended: ‘There are powerful forces at work’

http://www.breitbart.com/news/rose-mcgowans-twitter-account-suspended-there-are-powerful-forces-at-work/

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:05:55 pm by Frank Cannon »