Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80994 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Bannon: "Everything On CNN, FNC, MSNBC, That's Pro-Wrestling," To Divert Your Attention From What's Really Going On

Nobody should say CNN sucks. This is not a Trump rally. Everything you see on cable TV, you know MSNBC or CNN or Fox, that's pro wrestling. That's in the foreground, right? That’s to divert your attention of what's really going on, OK?

There is a business model that the permanent political class have.

Seven of the nine richest counties in the United States of America surround Washington, D.C. For the first time since the invention of the Silicon chip, Washington, D.C., those seven counties have a higher per-cap income than Silicon Valley.

Silicon Valley, which by the way has led the greatest revolution in technology in man's history, and had more great inventions. Now what does Washington, D.C., have? What they've got is basically a private equity fund of every year, what four trillion dollars that they divvy up.

The consulting class, the lobbyists, the K street crowd, the donor class and the politicians the own, they have taken this country in a very, very dangerous — very, very dangerous — direction.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/10/22/bannon_george_w_bush_embarrassed_himself_attacking_american_nationalism_clear_he_didnt_understand.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

ABC, NBC Maintain Clinton-Uranium Blackout, CBS Finds It 5 Days Late

During Sunday’s Face the Nation, Moderator John Dickerson became the first member of the Big Three Networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) to crack the broadcast TV blackout of the Hillary Clinton-Uranium scandal. But his mention of the story came five days after The Hill first exposed how the FBI was investigating Russian bribery of public officials to purchase the radioactive substance. And segment brought their total coverage time of the scandal to a whopping 69 seconds.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/10/22/abc-nbc-maintain-clinton-uranium-blackout-cbs-finds-it-5-days

Censoring news which is damaging to Democrats.   This is their most insidious power. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The point isn't really what the real number is.  The point is Trump said in an interview that he wanted to increase our nuclear arsenal to be somewhere above what our enemies had.  He did not specify whether that meant the one enemy with the most or all enemies combined.  Here comes an NBC article that says Trump said he wants to increase the nuclear arsenal ten fold.  Trump says this is a *complete* lie.  But it's not a *complete* lie, is it?  Trump himself said in an interview he wanted to increase them.  A complete lie would be if he said he wanted to decrease them 50%, and NBC said he said he wanted to increase them 10 fold.

*If* the case was, like I said above, that he meant he wanted to increase our arsenal so that we had more than all enemies combined it very well could mean a 10 fold increase.
Oh, Hells's Belles! Let's do the math!
From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

All the others arsenals combined amount to roughly 8105 warheads. Shoot for 10K, put the hi capacity MIRV buses back on the missiles, and git 'er done. That would take another 3200 warheads to hit 10K, an increase over the current stockpile of just over 47%
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:32:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I think "EMP"  has been exaggerated till it's nearly as big of a threat to our lives as Y2K.
You ignore the billions spent to prevent Y2K problems. The problem was solved in advance.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Oh, Hells's Belles! Let's do the math!

All the others arsenals combined amount to roughly 8105 warheads. Shoot for 10K, put the hi capacity MIRV buses back on the missiles, and git 'er done. That would take another 3200 warheads to hit 10K, an increase over the current stockpile of just over 47%

Thanks!  So, the 10x was either a lie or someone is *really* bad at math. 

Offline Smokin Joe

Or they scrawled 10X instead of 10K, and the latter number is mine.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

You ignore the billions spent to prevent Y2K problems. The problem was solved in advance.

I made a funny,  or at least I thought I did.   Maybe I should put a smiley face at the end.  :)   

Y2K was overblown.   So is EMP.    I believe there is video on youtube of a pretty big nuke test going on about 50 miles away from Hawaii.   It damaged a few powerline circuits but it was not nearly the damage people are predicting we would see from an EMP.   

Modern electrical infrastructure is actually more hardened than was that of the 1950s,    plus there is a lot more to getting an EMP to work effectively.   Apparently the Atmosphere plays a large role in producing and shaping the wave.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Both.   I've read that the average "news"  employee is about 27,  and doesn't know anything about anything. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Or they scrawled 10X instead of 10K, and the latter number is mine.

A Typo?   That other stupid people in the Newsroom didn't catch?    Okay,  I might buy that.   

That actually sounds like a reasonable explanation for what happened. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

A Typo?   That other stupid people in the Newsroom didn't catch?    Okay,  I might buy that.   

That actually sounds like a reasonable explanation for what happened.

Can't be a typo, it was repeated (with the 9.5x) in the article.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Can't be a typo, it was repeated (with the 9.5x) in the article.

It might have been a typo with collaborated stupidity from others who did not realize it was a typo.   

I read an article last week that said General Kelly was at the meeting which supposedly served as the basis of the NBC article,  and he said Trump said nothing like that.   

If it wasn't some sort of misunderstanding,  then someone at NBC deliberately lied.    Of course I'm usually of a mind to follow this adage:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity "
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DB

It might have been a typo with collaborated stupidity from others who did not realize it was a typo.   

I read an article last week that said General Kelly was at the meeting which supposedly served as the basis of the NBC article,  and he said Trump said nothing like that.   

If it wasn't some sort of misunderstanding,  then someone at NBC deliberately lied.    Of course I'm usually of a mind to follow this adage:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity "

There's no limit to stupidity in the media... Generally the journalism profession doesn't require much intelligence or knowledge... There are exceptions, but they are rare...

Offline aligncare

ABC, NBC Maintain Clinton-Uranium Blackout, CBS Finds It 5 Days Late

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/10/22/abc-nbc-maintain-clinton-uranium-blackout-cbs-finds-it-5-days

Censoring news which is damaging to Democrats.   This is their most insidious
power.

Word. Every American’s blood should be boiling ...if only they knew they were deliberately being kept in the dark.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Word. Every American’s blood should be boiling ...if only they knew they were deliberately being kept in the dark.

Yes,   but you know who's blood should be boiling first?  Us!   Conservatives should be fighting mad over the censorship that is ongoing from the Democrat-Media-industrial complex.   

Yet so many of our people are more worried about potential damage from doing anything about it than the real damage caused by leaving it alone.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Pretty much nails it IMHO!

Funny that he wasn't saying this when Fox News was giving Trump nothing but 24/7 positive propaganda.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

The Hollywood/Democrat/Media Protection Racket Will Be Hard To Kill

What we are inevitably going to keep finding out as this ballooning scandal continues to grow, is that pretty much every one of these big-time Hollywood figures and Democrat politicians who have expressed their utter shock and dismay to “learn” of their friend Harvey’s disgusting behavior actually knew about their friend Harvey’s behavior all along, but went along with the Hollywood/Democrat/media cult of omerta about the thug because they all hoped to at some point benefit from their good friend Harvey’s power and money.

http://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php/2017/10/24/the-hollywooddemocratmedia-protection-racket-will-be-hard-to-kill/

Power of censorship.   Once again,  their most potent weapon is their ability to censor the news. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Facebook Censors His Conservative Posts, Retired Accountant Contends

“Our biggest challenge is Facebook’s political bias and their enforcement of their Community Standards policy,” Muench said. “Facebook seems to enforce their policy more on conservatives than liberals.”

He estimated that Facebook gave him five 30-day suspensions, six one-week suspensions, and six two-week suspensions in the past 12 months, as well as numerous shorter suspensions lasting from three hours to 72 hours.

Link
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Funny that he wasn't saying this when Fox News was giving Trump nothing but 24/7 positive propaganda.

Do you disagree with this?

The consulting class, the lobbyists, the K street crowd, the donor class and the politicians they own, they have taken this country in a very, very dangerous — very, very dangerous — direction.

If so, you clearly are not paying attention!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

But I imagine a lot of people here would welcome this..

No conservative should stand for this type of government abuse of power...the punishment of unfriendly media. But they will.

Remeber Bill Clinton accused the media of not telling the truth and charactor assasinatiom. Would any of these same conservatives haave welcomed Clinton threatened the same?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Frank Cannon

Just checking in to see if NBC was off the air yet since so many took this stuff seriously. What? They are still on the air?

Swell. I'll check back in another 33 pages. Maybe by then they will have their license pulled.

Offline kevindavis007

No conservative should stand for this type of government abuse of power...the punishment of unfriendly media. But they will.

Remeber Bill Clinton accused the media of not telling the truth and charactor assasinatiom. Would any of these same conservatives haave welcomed Clinton threatened the same?

Nope.... In fact a lot of people would be screaming about how bad it will be.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope.... In fact a lot of people would be screaming about how bad it will be.

Their amazingly short memories of the outrage on the right over Obama's misdeeds where the media is concerned is staggering.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just checking in to see if NBC was off the air yet since so many took this stuff seriously. What? They are still on the air?

Swell. I'll check back in another 33 pages. Maybe by then they will have their license pulled.

What license?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

Y2K was overblown.   So is EMP.

Agreed.

I believe there is video on youtube of a pretty big nuke test going on about 50 miles away from Hawaii.   It damaged a few powerline circuits but it was not nearly the damage people are predicting we would see from an EMP.

William Robert Graham addresses that, thus:

Misinformation about EMP abounds in the media, and even in many allegedly serious studies,
from uninformed persons posturing as experts, who have no competency in EMP. False claims
are often made that the EMP threat is “not real” but merely theoretical and greatly overblown.11

For example, one academic often quoted by the press claims that during the 1962 STARFISH
PRIME high-altitude nuclear test, “just one string of street lights failed in Honolulu” and that this
proved EMP is no threat.12 In fact, the EMP knocked-out 36 strings of street lights, caused a
telecommunications microwave relay station to fail, burned out HF (High-Frequency) radio links
(used for long-distance communications), set off burglar alarms, and caused other damage.13

The Hawaiian Islands did not experience a catastrophic protracted blackout because they were on
the far edge of the EMP field contour, where effects are weakest; are surrounded by an ocean,
which mitigates EMP effects; and were still in an age dominated by vacuum tube electronics.

STARFISH PRIME was not the only test of this kind. Russia in 1961-62 also conducted a series
of high-altitude nuclear bursts to test EMP effects over Kazakhstan, an industrialized area nearly
as large as Western Europe.14 That test destroyed the Kazakh electric grid.15 Moreover, modern
electronics, in part because they are designed to operate at much lower voltages, are much more
vulnerable to EMP than the electronics of 1962 exposed to STARFISH PRIME and the Kazakh
nuclear tests. A similar EMP event over the U.S. today would be an existential threat.16

He has a wonderful CV, but still I'm not so sure he's right on this topic.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:15:00 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn