Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 80640 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
We have something called freedom of speech, [edit].

@Weird Tolkienish Figure
[Edit]

Personal insults edited by Mod1
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:43:20 pm by Mod1 »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:44:00 pm by Mod1 »

• Technical
Yes, it probably is.  But I find it alarming that so many people would go along with the idea if it could be done.  They are so willing to trash the Constitution to protect their hero.

They're a bunch of gutless twerps who want a daddy figure because they're too weak to stand against "propaganda" without government intervention.

Offline driftdiver

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:44:43 pm by Mod1 »

Offline aligncare

So putting them out of business is the solution? 

Not just no, but hell no. 

We have freedom of the press in this country.  And it's not just for news sources we like or who write favorable news about "our guy."

No one is getting upset over unfavorable news stories. Some of us are rightly getting upset over misrepresented facts and material lies from our ‘trusted’ news sources.

Offline driftdiver

Yes, it probably is.  But I find it alarming that so many people would go along with the idea if it could be done.  They are so willing to trash the Constitution to protect their hero.

@Applewood
Your enemy doesn't care a whit about your free speech.  They care only for their ability to spew propaganda and lies to further their agenda of destroying you.   Are you going to fight for their right to keep lobbing bombs or are you going to attempt to fight back? 

Offline DiogenesLamp

If I remember right, Trump made some noise a while back about altering libel laws to go after alleged "fake news" outlets.  And his supporters just yawned. 

They probably would do the same on this matter too. 

Or we will hear that Trump was only joking.

You will hear from me that it doesn't go nearly far enough.   We need to be bringing whatever weapon to bear that we are able against  the media-weapon that has been f***ing up the country since at least Nixon/Kennedy.   

They are the propaganda corps of the New York/Washington Establishment,  and we need to force control of them out of the hands of Liberal agents. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

No one is getting upset over unfavorable news stories. Some of us are rightly getting upset over misrepresented facts and material lies from our ‘trusted’ news sources.

@aligncare
These aren't mistakes or a difference in opinion.  These are out and out lies.   

Offline DiogenesLamp

Have you even read the Constitution?

Yes I have,  and one of the most important aspects of it is "Freedom of Speech. " 

That has been totally destroyed by monopoly control of all sources of broadcasting,  and it  undermines the very purpose for which the Founders incorporated "Freedom of Speech" into our constitution.   

The purpose is so that the public can hear both sides without suppression.   Well we have suppression.  We have censorship.  We have one party total control over the airwaves,  and as a consequence it has caused the public to make very bad decisions.   

It is our duty to insure freedom of speech.  We must stop liberal censorship of the airwaves.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online libertybele

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Text

I think we all get First Amendment rights ... however, defamation of character is quite another issue; especially purposefully lying about the actions and comments about the President of the U.S.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Sorry, but I think the whole broadcast licenses is kinda old and out of date. To be quite honest I don't want the Government to dictate what is fake news and not fake news.

I don't either.  Break the monopoly,  and the problem will take care of itself. 

Once conservatives can break into the broadcast streams,  they can report the news that the liberal controllers routinely censor. 

— Lord Melbourne —

• Technical
I think we all get First Amendment rights ... however, defamation of character is quite another issue; especially purposefully lying about the actions and comments about the President of the U.S.

He's a public figure. Is Trump such a whining bleep that he needs the government to intervene?

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't like the lying but the best thing to do is just ignore them.

This is as wrong as it can be.  Ignoring them lets their lies permeate the public,  and the public makes bad decisions based on the lies they have been told. 

When Hitler was preaching that the Jews were "Untermenschen"  and that greedy Jewish bankers stabbed Germany in the Back,  and that Jewish Rabbis drank the blood of gentile children,   the people heard it and believed it. 

Ignoring it didn't stop the evil from spreading.  Only confronting it can do that.  You must reach the people with the truth,  and you must challenge lies in front of the people so that the people are not misled by evil and falsehood.   

"Ignoring it"  allows it to fester and grow.  It allows it to damage the nation and the people.   Only fighting back against it with at least equal ability to reach the people can counter act it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He did; Conservatives blew up.

It was stupid then and it's stupid now.  NBC owns maybe a handful of TV stations?  Trumps mad at what the cables are doing, and there are no licenses to pull.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

The thing is that it's an idle, blustery threat from a blowhard. It just makes Trump, and his sycophants, look even dumber. Trump is a ballsless freak who would never do that.

It puts the idea on the table and gets people to think about it.   Look,  it has us talking about it now!   

The fact that you are engaging in this discussion means that Trump has worked his spell on you and you are right this very minute doing exactly what he wanted you to do when he made that tweet.   

He is way inside your ooda loop,  and you don't even realize it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

• Technical

It puts the idea on the table and gets people to think about it.   Look,  it has us talking about it now!   

The fact that you are engaging in this discussion means that Trump has worked his spell on you and you are right this very minute doing exactly what he wanted you to do when he made that tweet.   

He is way inside your ooda loop,  and you don't even realize it.

Nothing will come of this just like basically nothing has come of any of the crap Trump tweets about (NFL excepting).

Offline DiogenesLamp

We have something called freedom of speech,[edit].

[Edit by Mod1]

Which is exactly why we need to drop a nuclear powered sledge hammer on the propaganda monopoly controlled out of Washington  DC and New York. 

Monopoly suppresses *OUR*  freedom of speech.   

Monopoly:  Do you speak it?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

We are so willing to protect the means of protecting the constitution by stopping One party monopoly of speech that is currently damaging the constitution.   

Had the media reported the truth about Obama and his scandals,  Obama would be in prison where he belongs.   They are destroying our country by covering up lies. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mod1

Enough with name calling.

Offline DiogenesLamp

They're a bunch of gutless twerps who want a daddy figure because they're too weak to stand against "propaganda" without government intervention.

You are not a "twerp".   None of us are capable of standing against this trillion dollar propaganda system. 

It is a monopoly,  and none of us are big enough to break it.  If we all work together,  we might be able to break it,  but individually we are just helpless pawns. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The biggest scandal this year (Imran Awan)  and I haven't heard a f***ing word from the New York/Washington controlled media-weapon. 

The media-weapon is the tool of the deep state,   and it will not be used against it's own.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yes I have,  and one of the most important aspects of it is "Freedom of Speech. " 

That has been totally destroyed by monopoly control of all sources of broadcasting,  and it  undermines the very purpose for which the Founders incorporated "Freedom of Speech" into our constitution.   

The purpose is so that the public can hear both sides without suppression.   Well we have suppression.  We have censorship.  We have one party total control over the airwaves,  and as a consequence it has caused the public to make very bad decisions.   

It is our duty to insure freedom of speech.  We must stop liberal censorship of the airwaves.
Even Freedom of Speech has its limits.  One need only look at the leakage coming out of the national security team on nuclear weapons.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,285545.0.html

If a news agency publishes an article knowingly that is secret govt intelligence, and whose intent to publish is to weaken this country, that is sedition.  There is no Freedom of Speech on seditious behavior.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

• Technical

You are not a "twerp".   None of us are capable of standing against this trillion dollar propaganda system. 

It is a monopoly,  and none of us are big enough to break it.  If we all work together,  we might be able to break it,  but individually we are just helpless pawns.

[Edit], who needs the gubment to save you from the mean ol' propaganda.

Edit by Mod1. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:54:27 pm by Mod1 »

Offline RoosGirl

Since no one bothered to read the link I provided, here's a quote from it.

In his first comments about the U.S. nuclear arsenal since taking office on Jan. 20, Trump was asked about a December tweet in which he said the United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capacity “until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.”

And there is more, direct quotes to Reuters that he does indeed thing the US nuke arsenal should be expanded.  So now he is lying about saying that he said such a thing, and using that lie to threaten NBC.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't either.  Break the monopoly,  and the problem will take care of itself. 

Once conservatives can break into the broadcast streams,  they can report the news that the liberal controllers routinely censor.
That is already happening.  It is the reason Steve Bannon is prominent in the news lately.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington