Author Topic: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!  (Read 15981 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2017, 11:27:11 pm »
Yeah. It’s not like the media is the EPICENTER OF WHAT’S GONE WRONG WITH AMERICA LAST THIRTY YEARS!

I have been railing about the effect of the media on the populace for decades.  I regard it as the single most critical thing that must be dealt with to solve much of the troubles that beset us.   

I can name off numerous elections we have lost,  simply because the media brought their weapon to bear against us.   

"Macaca"  is a prime example.  What they did to Trent Lott was another. 

I have said over and over that taking away this power from the Media-Weapon is the single most important thing that needs to be done to advance the interests of the nation. 

But some people can't see the problem for what it is. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2017, 11:29:34 pm »

I have been railing about the effect of the media on the populace for decades.  I regard it as the single most critical thing that must be dealt with to solve much of the troubles that beset us.   

I can name off numerous elections we have lost,  simply because the media brought their weapon to bear against us.   

I have said over and over that taking away this power from the Media-Weapon is the single most important thing that needs to be done to advance the interests of the nation. 

Great examples. That macaca thing totally blew me away. It was surreal.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2017, 11:30:22 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

Not compared to the horrors of Catholic rule.

And if there were any laws passed by the Protestants that demanded the death penalty for being an atheist or agnostic,I never heard of it.

Isn't the Church of England regarded as Protestant?   I know it really wasn't part of the reformation,  but still,  it broke from the Catholic Church,  and Henry the VIII was inspired to do so by the influence of his wife who was herself influenced by Protestant teachings. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2017, 11:38:12 pm »
To keep the thread somewhat on the theme of it's title,  Here is another article along those lines.

Holmes or Clouseau? Who Cares—Trump Wins Again

I’ll be frank; I still can’t decide whether Trump is Holmes or Clouseau. But the sonofabitch always wins, and his enemies always lose in spectacular fashion, and it’s making for a presidency that’s far more enjoyable to watch than any Hollywood movie.

http://takimag.com/article/holmes_or_clouseau_who_carestrump_wins_again_david_cole/print
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:49:04 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2017, 11:50:10 pm »
With all due respect to Football Fans, what were the 2 major issues signaling the descent of the Roman Republic into the Decline and Fall Roman Empire?

Bread (Welfare State) and Circuses (Organized, Televised, Sports addictions taking up so much of peoples' time and attention.)

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."

Plato

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I just don't believe that this NFL issue is going to really change anything, or that it's awakening hordes of people.

I read an article the other day, linked on Twitter---and I can't remember where---that showed most of the angry people voted for Trump to begin with. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2017, 01:45:32 am »

Isn't the Church of England regarded as Protestant?   I know it really wasn't part of the reformation,  but still,  it broke from the Catholic Church,  and Henry the VIII was inspired to do so by the influence of his wife who was herself influenced by Protestant teachings.

@DiogenesLamp

Yes,AFAIK,the western religious denominations are all either Protestant,Catholic,or Jewish.

Yeah,you have nonsense like VooDoo,Flying Saucer religions,etc,etc,etc,but they are crackpots with so few members they have no influence whatsoever on government,law,ethics,morals,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:28 pm »
The Method To The Moron’s Madness

But by the end of this week, it was clearer than ever that if Trump is a moron, he is a moron on a mission ― and with more method to his madness than his enemies understand or want to consider. The tweets are a useful distraction ― a kind of air cover for his carpet bombing of federal policy and programs.

Second, Trump is fast filling vacancies in federal courts that will review these and other actions. He is doing so at a speedier clip than his predecessors. Names are fed to the White House in assembly-line fashion by Leonard Leo, the leader of the conservative Federalist Society and one of the least-known most powerful people in D.C.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-method-madness_us_59e125d7e4b03a7be580b923

Praise from your enemies.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2017, 01:54:52 pm »
Get back to me when the "big wins" include Tax Reform...the complete repeal of Obamacare and the wall is actually built on the southern border.

Till then this is just a bread and circus style distraction.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2017, 02:17:31 pm »

Exactly.  They think it's "The Media," when -- in reality -- it's the populace. 

A discerning viewer/listener is a friend of conservatism, yet we seem to ignore that.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2017, 02:44:21 pm »
The Method To The Moron’s Madness

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-method-madness_us_59e125d7e4b03a7be580b923

Praise from your enemies.

@DiogenesLamp

All is well in America when Huff and Puff is shrieking in horror.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2017, 03:12:18 pm »
Exactly.  They think it's "The Media," when -- in reality -- it's the populace. 

A discerning viewer/listener is a friend of conservatism, yet we seem to ignore that.

We ignore it  because it is not realistic to expect "the populace"  to suddenly wake up and become thinkers and philosophers.   

The population generally accepts whatever it hears,  especially if it is repeated endlessly.  We should be addressing the problem of those who exploit this naive characteristic of the populace to advance their political world view instead of expecting the populace to "do better." 

They aren't going to do better.  That's not how our current reality works. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2017, 03:13:22 pm »
@DiogenesLamp

All is well in America when Huff and Puff is shrieking in horror.

I think I've been saying for decades that unless our enemies are screaming in pain and anguish,  we aren't doing it properly. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2017, 04:05:57 pm »

I could not agree with you more.

The media could not be more one-sided and they admit it themselves.

But people are terrified of abridging their power in any way because ... well.... someday, the Left might get in power and ...

And what?  And we might have even more leftist propaganda coming from the press?  Is that even possible?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2017, 04:08:41 pm »
Get back to me when the "big wins" include Tax Reform...the complete repeal of Obamacare and the wall is actually built on the southern border.

Till then this is just a bread and circus style distraction.

It is not just a distraction.

It's not the huge wins that we want and that we may someday get, but it is a series of small wins that will make things better.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:56 pm »

It's not the huge wins that we want and that we may someday get, but it is a series of small wins that will make things better.

He's not "winning" anything...constantly flipping your middle finger at things and people that you know will get cheers from your fore audience is not winning.

That's all Trump is doing right now with some rare exceptions.

And the blind followers clap like barking seals in approval.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2017, 04:32:15 pm »

@Emjay @txradioguy  @mystery-ak

Yes,and no. It IS big wins that we want and need,but we all have to understand that we need a bunch of "'little" wins to set the stage and prepare the nation for the "big" wins.

IMHO,one HUGE win would be The Briefing Room with a actual damn ping list with a name something like "American Politics" or "Domestic Politics",so I don't have to remember 25 screen names and then waste my life typing them to draw other members to an interesting discussion subject.

I am NOT taking anything away from the participating value of the two people I notified that might be interested in reading and maybe responding to my reply,but knowing that a dozen or more posters might read it and respond sure does make posting it less of a waste of time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:34:04 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:44 pm »
@sneakypete

Well, that's an interesting idea.  I'd never thought about it.  I know many more people read the posts here than actually participate.

I don't know how that could be accomplished though.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2017, 04:40:48 pm »
He's not "winning" anything...constantly flipping your middle finger at things and people that you know will get cheers from your fore audience is not winning.

That's all Trump is doing right now with some rare exceptions.

And the blind followers clap like barking seals in approval.

He's not the most tactful guy, friend, but neither are you.  You are accusing a large group of people who simply think Trump is doing a few good things of being blind followers clapping like barking seals.

Ain't gonna make you many friends, my friend.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2017, 04:46:29 pm »

We ignore it  because it is not realistic to expect "the populace"  to suddenly wake up and become thinkers and philosophers.   

The population generally accepts whatever it hears,  especially if it is repeated endlessly.  We should be addressing the problem of those who exploit this naive characteristic of the populace to advance their political world view instead of expecting the populace to "do better." 

They aren't going to do better.  That's not how our current reality works.

I think it's a little unfair to blame the populace.

The populace has other things going like working, taking care of their families and their own health and hobbies.

Most people aren't policy wonks.  We should be able to trust the press to do the old 'who, what, where and when' thing we were taught in journalism class.

It is way too easy to spin anything without actually lying .. although they are not above that.

Ignore this thing and emphasize this other thing and you have a whole new take on things.

It's easier now to dig out news for ourselves but we shouldn't have to.  We SHOULD be able to expect a Free and Fair press and we certainly don't have one now.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2017, 05:04:02 pm »

That's funny,  because that is exactly what Obama was doing when he was winning.   

Or was Obama's advancement of the Liberal agenda not a case of him "winning"  in your mind?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:06 pm »
@sneakypete

Well, that's an interesting idea.  I'd never thought about it.  I know many more people read the posts here than actually participate.

I don't know how that could be accomplished though.

@Emjay

The same way it is accomplished on other boards. The people that control the site have to write,or hire someone to write the software and add it to the board.  Free Republic,Liberty Post (Goldi's much missed old site) ,Freedom4um,Liberty Flame,and a bunch of sites have that option,and have had it for decades. There is nothing new or ground breaking about it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:23:47 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2017, 05:27:27 pm »
IMHO,one HUGE win would be The Briefing Room with a actual damn ping list with a name something like "American Politics" or "Domestic Politics",so I don't have to remember 25 screen names and then waste my life typing them to draw other members to an interesting discussion subject.

@sneakypete  @Free Vulcan

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,273487.0.html

Also, consider typing up the names and keeping them in a text file (or, perhaps in the future, on your TBR notepad page).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2017, 05:44:36 pm »
@Emjay

The same way it is accomplished on other boards. The people that control the site have to write,or hire someone to write the software and add it to the board.  Free Republic,Liberty Post (Goldi's much missed old site) ,Freedom4um,Liberty Flame,and a bunch of sites have that option,and have had it for decades. There is nothing new or ground breaking about it.

@Free Vulcan has been looking at it in his spare time.  We can't afford the bucks it would take to hire a full-blown coder, so he's taking volunteers for help.  Here's the Discussion Thread.  (I took the liberty of posting your suggestion above in the thread.)

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,274439.0.html
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2017, 05:57:43 pm »
Thanks for the head up, I'll make a note of it.
The Republic is lost.