Author Topic: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!  (Read 15978 times)

Silver Pines

Re: For some reason that D@mned fool just keeps winning!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 01:20:37 am »
I like @CatherineofAragon otherwise I would have used the typically blunt verbiage that I use on the rest of the azzholes.

@Frank Cannon

I read this post at six this morning and almost blew my coffee across the room.

I'm not going to say you're a sweetheart underneath it all because that would damage your street cred.  So...I won't say it.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 03:31:07 am »
I'm a lot more interested in having the country win. 

Repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, build the wall, etc.  This football crap is a meaningless distraction.

With all due respect to Football Fans, what were the 2 major issues signaling the descent of the Roman Republic into the Decline and Fall Roman Empire?

Bread (Welfare State) and Circuses (Organized, Televised, Sports addictions taking up so much of peoples' time and attention.)

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."

Plato
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 03:33:26 am »
@Frank Cannon

I read this post at six this morning and almost blew my coffee across the room.

I'm not going to say you're a sweetheart underneath it all because that would damage your street cred.  So...I won't say it.

I appreciate your discretion @CatherineofAragon .

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 03:58:02 am »

Many of those who stand give the communist revolutionary [otherwise known as the black power] fist salute.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 10:38:08 am »
I appreciate your discretion @CatherineofAragon .

@Frank Cannon

That's me---the soul of discretion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 02:37:44 pm »

Repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood, build the wall, etc.  This football crap is a meaningless distraction.

@CatherineofAragon

No,it is removing one more brick from the wall the left built to indoctrinate the "Whut,ME worry?" voters. There really are people  you have to grab and shake to get their attention.

Most seem to be busy updating their FB pages and taking selfies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 02:38:36 pm »
It looks meaningless at first blush. If you look at it in a broader fashion this is a fairly important thing that is happening. Cultural rot is being taken head on and the good guys are winning. It could lead to further battles in this arena now that it has been shown they are winnable.

@Frank Cannon

BINGO!  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 02:40:07 pm »
YEP... Distraction from 'what' would be the question. Is anyone still thinking about his disastrous courting with Pelosi and Shumer? He had to pump himself back up.

Not to say it isn't legit, but neither is it big. Americans tend to vote with their feet (see JCPennys, Target, in the reverse: Chil-Fil-A). If anything, he just brought it to a head.

@roamer_1

Admit it,you would rather see Trump disgraced and ran out of office than to see the Dims destroyed politically. You might as well admit it,because it is obvious to everyone but you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 02:52:56 pm »
I like @CatherineofAragon otherwise I would have used the typically blunt verbiage that I use on the rest of the azzholes.

@Frank Cannon

Frank,let me be the first to tell that that judging from your icon,your latest make-over is really working for you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:49 pm »
With all due respect to Football Fans, what were the 2 major issues signaling the descent of the Roman Republic into the Decline and Fall Roman Empire?

Bread (Welfare State) and Circuses (Organized, Televised, Sports addictions taking up so much of peoples' time and attention.)

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."

Plato

@To-Whose-Benefit?

EXACTLY! Where better to grab the public's attention and wake them up to the fact that the hard left,represented by the media and the DNC,is manipulating them,than the NFL?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 02:58:05 pm »

Many of those who stand give the communist revolutionary [otherwise known as the black power] fist salute.

@KingsX

Climb one hill at a time. Most of those dummies are too stupid to come in out of the rain,and only do the closed-fist thing because they think it's trendy and makes them seem to be intelligent and informed. They will drop it like a hot rock once the kneeling down thing is settled,and people start to notice the clenched fist thing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:59:58 pm by sneakypete »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »
Back in Sept I wrote the following, prehaps a tab early but I clearly saw the victory that was coming.

I'll bet the owners and broadcasters are in an absolute panic. They're probably
overwhelming "progressives" that thought buying into the antifa, BLM and anti-Trump
BS would be good for business. "See we are on the correct side of the social issues
American is dealing with." LOL, boy oh boy did they blow it.

This is the greatest win in the culture wars EVER. Thank G*d Trump and normal
Americans took them on. Prior to this we had a few minor wins, Dicksey Chicks,
Target, Hobby Lobby, etc. But this time we stopped a full strength frontal assault
by everything the left has got. Just let that sink in, The left used everything they
have including the NFL to sell "America is racist and Trump voters are white
supremacists" they used EVERYTHING and it blew up in their face. The war is by
no means over, but now we now we can beat them.

Oh happy days.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »

Admit it,you would rather see Trump disgraced and ran out of office than to see the Dims destroyed politically. You might as well admit it,because it is obvious to everyone but you.

@sneakypete
Naw. I'd love it if he suddenly turned presidential, quit lying every ten minutes, grew a set of principles, established morality in his life and use those tools to convince Congress and be the best president EVAH!!!

But that ain't gonna happen.  **nononono*

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 04:06:27 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

Me too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 06:59:25 pm »
@sneakypete
Naw. I'd love it if he suddenly turned presidential, quit lying every ten minutes, grew a set of principles, established morality in his life and use those tools to convince Congress and be the best president EVAH!!!

But that ain't gonna happen.  **nononono*

@roamer_1

The American people will never vote for a Jimmy Swaggart type candidate. That is a empty dream,and one I am glad is empty. Our ancestors fought to eliminate religious police states long before they came here.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »
@roamer_1

The American people will never vote for a Jimmy Swaggart type candidate. That is a empty dream,and one I am glad is empty. Our ancestors fought to eliminate religious police states long before they came here.

Bullshit.
All law is moral. you are using someone's definition thereof. There is no moral vacuum.
Throw away the Judeo-Christian ethic this country was founded upon, and you will cut the root of it's sustenance... as is being proven daily.

There can only be one law, and that is defined upon one ethos.
Too bad, there it is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:44 pm »
Bullshit.
All law is moral. you are using someone's definition thereof. There is no moral vacuum.
Throw away the Judeo-Christian ethic this country was founded upon, and you will cut the root of it's sustenance... as is being proven daily.

There can only be one law, and that is defined upon one ethos.
Too bad, there it is.

@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

Yeah,which cult is going to be the CMMFIC,and how are all the other religious cults going to respond to that?

If we wanted insanity,we could just vote Dim. They follow the religious cult of communism.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 09:54:32 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

EXACTLY! Where better to grab the public's attention and wake them up to the fact that the hard left,represented by the media and the DNC,is manipulating them,than the NFL?

I've heard that the topic of media manipulating the public is boring.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 10:00:38 pm »
@roamer_1

A quibble to pick with you on two points.  First,  Jimmy Swaggart was brought down as a charlatan,  so he doesn't very well serve as an example of someone who would be regarded as a serious theocracy candidate. 

Second,  I'm not sure where you get this idea of your ancestors fighting to eliminate religious police states before they came here,  because every place before here was a religious police state.    There literally was no nation in the world at that time that was not a religious police state,  and nobody long survived if they tried to fight them.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 10:31:57 pm »

A quibble to pick with you on two points.  First,  Jimmy Swaggart was brought down as a charlatan,  so he doesn't very well serve as an example of someone who would be regarded as a serious theocracy candidate.

The others are just un-indicted co-conspirators.

Second,  I'm not sure where you get this idea of your ancestors fighting to eliminate religious police states before they came here,  because every place before here was a religious police state.    There literally was no nation in the world at that time that was not a religious police state,  and nobody long survived if they tried to fight them.

You have never heard of the Reformation?  https://www.google.com/search?q=the+reformation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »

You have never heard of the Reformation?  https://www.google.com/search?q=the+reformation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Yes,  but they imposed a religious police state too.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 10:44:16 pm »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"It looks meaningless at first blush. If you look at it in a broader fashion this is a fairly important thing that is happening. Cultural rot is being taken head on and the good guys are winning. It could lead to further battles in this arena now that it has been shown they are winnable."

Gee, Frank, this post ain't like you.
Sure that you're feelin' ok....?   ;)

I read you saying this a couple of days ago, without really getting it. Today, I get it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 10:47:05 pm »

Refresh your knowledge of the English Civil War, Charles I (the headless one), Oliver Cromwell, Charles II etc.

1640s for a few years, and played a significant role,  in the type of non-religious government we later opted for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Civil_War
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:06 pm »

I've heard that the topic of media manipulating the public is boring.   

Yeah. It’s not like the media is the EPICENTER OF WHAT’S GONE WRONG WITH AMERICA LAST THIRTY YEARS!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2017, 11:18:54 pm »
Yes,  but they imposed a religious police state too.

@DiogenesLamp

Not compared to the horrors of Catholic rule.

And if there were any laws passed by the Protestants that demanded the death penalty for being an atheist or agnostic,I never heard of it.