Author Topic: Letter: Republicans headed in wrong direction on guns  (Read 294 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Letter: Republicans headed in wrong direction on guns
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:49:49 pm »
ChicoER 10/10/2017

Since the massacre in Las Vegas, the Republicans in Congress have put on hold a vote on two House of Representative bills and two Senate bills. Three of the bills, HR 367, HR 3139, and S 59, are called the Hearing Protection Act of 2017. The fourth bill, S 1505, is call the SHUSH Act. It too supposedly deals with hearing protection.

What does the tragic event in Las Vegas have to do with hearing protection?

All four bills will make it easier to purchase and use gun silencers. The full title of S 1505, the SHUSH Act, is Silencers Help Us Save Hearing Act.

Unbelievably, the Republicans are pushing to make silencers legal. Why? The answer is that the efforts of the NRA, gun lobbyists, many of our congressmen and women, and Donald Trump Jr. have been pushing hard for legalization of silencers.

More: http://www.chicoer.com/article/NA/20171009/LOCAL1/171009700

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Letter: Republicans headed in wrong direction on guns
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:28:58 pm »
You have to click to the whole article to get a real feel for ignorance on parade of this author.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:36:07 pm »
You have to click to the whole article to get a real feel for ignorance on parade of this author.

If it's ok with you I'll just take your word for it and skip clicking on it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:39:42 pm »
If it's ok with you I'll just take your word for it and skip clicking on it.

Feel free, you're not missing much.  The comments section is just a side argument, the kind we've seen dozens of times here.  Just consider it a case of Been There, Done That.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: