Author Topic: Contacts with Riyadh over S-400 supplies have good preliminary result  (Read 265 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

TASS

Contacts between Moscow and Riyadh over the supplies of Russian air defense systems S-400 to Saudi Arabia have a very good preliminary result, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, when asked if there was a risk the deal might not take place.
"In this particular case we can speak only for ourselves. The contacts over implementing this deal have been very positive and achieved a very good preliminary result," Peskov said. "Cooperation between Moscow and Riyadh in general and in the military-technical field in particular is absolutely self-sufficient and is not targeted against third countries, either in this region (the Middle East) or in other regions of the world. We are certain that such cooperation must not worry anybody," Peskov said.
READ ALSO

Russia, Saudi Arabia agree on S-400 systems’ supplies
Earlier, the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation said that Russia and Saudi Arabia achieved agreement on the supplies of S-400 missile systems to Riyadh.
S-400 Triumf is a long-range air defense system, authorized for use in 2007. It is meant for destroying aircraft, cruise and ballistic missiles, including-medium range ones and can be used against ground targets. The deputy commander of Russia’s Aerospace Force, Viktor Gumenny, said that the S-400 systems began to be armed with missiles capable of hitting targets in near space.
China was the first foreign customer to have ordered S-400 from Russia. Work is in progress under a similar contract with Turkey.

http://tass.com/politics/969660
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Contacts with Riyadh over S-400 supplies have good preliminary result
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:06 am »
Its interesting that they want the THAAD and the S-400 missile.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome