Author Topic: The Problem with Trump’s Calling for More Positive Coverage of Himself on TV  (Read 372 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Katherine Timpf
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452445/trump-wants-more-positive-tv-coverage-thats-problem

On Saturday, President Trump called for television programs to give “equal time” to positive
coverage of him and his viewpoints.

It’s honestly one of the most unsettling things that I’ve seen in a while . . .

. . . Now, I would completely agree that President Trump has been hit with an unsurpassed level of
negative media coverage since he’s entered politics. Yes, there have been issues with the way he’s
handled his job in the White House, but he and his supporters are correct in saying that many in the
media insist on trying to turn even the smallest things into major scandals — all while ignoring the
scandals on the left and refusing to acknowledge anything positive that President Trump has done.
Here’s the thing, though: That’s their right, and neither he nor anyone else in government has the
right to do a damn thing about it
. . .

. . . See, in this country, one of the best things we have going for us is that the government has
nothing to say about who and is and is not criticized in the media
. Yes, we do have the Federal
Communications Commission, which has some control over the media’s content when it comes
to things such as language and nudity. (As a libertarian, I’d argue that even this shouldn’t exist,
that the material that’s “allowed” could be determined by the will of the free market alone, but
I digress.) But there is absolutely no limit to how much or how often we are “allowed” to criticize
our leaders — and there must never, ever be one . . .
(Emphases added.--EA.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.