Author Topic: Iowa brewery brings home gold medal from world’s largest beer competition  (Read 769 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Iowa beer wins again.

Bringing home a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival for the second time in as many years, Clive-based 515 Brewing Co. scored the top prize in the “Belgian-style dubbel or quadrupel” category for #Quadgoals, the brewery’s Belgian quad beer.

Described as the largest commercial beer competition in the world (think of it as the Super Bowl for beers), a total 7,923 beers from 2,217 breweries entered at least one of the 98 beer styles judged at Great American Beer Festival over the weekend. Three beers in each category — gold, silver and bronze, respectively — earn a medal.

Read more at: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/entertainment/2017/10/09/great-american-beer-festival-iowas-515-brewing-brings-home-gold/747020001/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:03:27 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Clive-based 515 Brewing Co. scored the top prize in the “Belgian-style dubbel or quadrupel” category for #Quadgoals, the brewery’s Belgian quad beer.

Wow. Some unknown micro brew, one of a billion in the country, won a subset of a subset of some effete snob style beer that no one could identify by taste if their life depended on it. I stand in awe of their achievement.

Fun Fact: Coors Light will still be the largest selling beer in the world tomorrow despite this incredible award because most beer drinkers don't give a shit about this nonsense.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

"Me n' Cletus we like the Coors Light."
The Republic is lost.

Offline goodwithagun

Clive-based 515 Brewing Co. scored the top prize in the “Belgian-style dubbel or quadrupel” category for #Quadgoals, the brewery’s Belgian quad beer.

Wow. Some unknown micro brew, one of a billion in the country, won a subset of a subset of some effete snob style beer that no one could identify by taste if their life depended on it. I stand in awe of their achievement.

Fun Fact: Coors Light will still be the largest selling beer in the world tomorrow despite this incredible award because most beer drinkers don't give a shit about this nonsense.

I'm a beer drinker and I do give a shit. To be honest, I've never had a Coors Light, or Miller, or Bud, etc. I can't get past the smell.
I stand with Roosgirl.