Author Topic: The Hypocrisy Surrounding The President’s Feud With Senator Corker Is An Embarrassment  (Read 430 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Jim Jamitis
https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/10/09/hypocrisy-surrounding-presidents-feud-senator-corker/

The long run up to the 2016 election confirmed once and for all my belief that going “all in”
for any politician or party is never a good idea because it requires checking your brain at the door.
If you haven’t learned that yet, then you may want to search your pockets for a claim check ticket.
Not only is it an abdication of one’s role as a thinking human being, it is also a guarantee of inevitable
disappointment. Some, though, some remain loyal to the end because the former often negates
the latter.

For those reasons, I’m no more a fan of Senator Bob Corker’s than I am of Donald Trump’s.  You
shouldn’t be either.

Senator Bob Corker ✔@SenBobCorker
It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center.
Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.
8:13 AM - Oct 8, 2017
The long knives are out for Corker for uncorking criticism of President Trump. A lot of folks are
attempting to ignore the fact that many in the GOP share Corker’s opinion to one extent or
another. Instead they’re attacking Corker’s record and hanging the Iran nuke deal around his
neck. Whataboutism, the tribalist’s preferred weapon, is now being used against Corker not
because of the Iran nuke deal but because he was disloyal to his tribe and spoke his mind
against the chief . . .

. . . Corker’s role in the Iran deal wasn’t important to Trumpists when he was among the first
GOP Senators to publicly support candidate Trump. It is of utmost importance now that he
has been disloyal. Political tribalism is the antithesis of rational thought . . .

. . . There are many reasons why Washington is broken—corrupt, inept, or incompetent
politicians; adherence to failed philosophies, irresponsible spending; and unchecked bureaucracy.
Neither side wants to drain the swamp. They are just fighting to control it. No one inside the
beltway is innocent. As long as people allow themselves to be manipulated into siding with a
tribe at the expense of ideas, the swamp won’t ever be drained. In many ways the swamp
extends well beyond the borders of  D.C. and to the front door of every one of us who declares
blind loyalty to a person or party.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline RoosGirl

I regret to inform you, but Trump is incapable of being embarrassed by anything he does and the same applies to his most ardent supporters.

Offline Concerned

I regret to inform you, but Trump is incapable of being embarrassed by anything he does and the same applies to his most ardent supporters.

Unfortunately exactly right. Neither he or many of his supporters are capable of seeing that he could ever be anything other than great. I find the lack of introspection on their part quite sad.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@RoosGirl
I'm pretty sure the writer didn't say Donaldus Minimus was embarrassed. ;)

But you wonder how often his supports admit to their being embarrassed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:24:31 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

But Trump detractors are GD saints even though they have a track record of pettiness and being habitually wrong.

BTW I find it cute that good ol' Jim gets on his soapbox and denounces loyalty to a politician or party when he writes for a site with a specific political bent and take definitive stands on certain candidates.

Offline RoosGirl

But Trump detractors are GD saints even though they have a track record of pettiness and being habitually wrong.

BTW I find it cute that good ol' Jim gets on his soapbox and denounces loyalty to a politician or party when he writes for a site with a specific political bent and take definitive stands on certain candidates.

We all have our moments, some more than others.  The difference is that everyone else isn't POTUS.