Author Topic: Why ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’ Is Far Worse Than Columbus Day  (Read 347 times)

Offline corbe

Why ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’ Is Far Worse Than Columbus Day

If we really want to commemorate horrifying, unspeakable violence and oppression in the Americas, I’ve got the perfect holiday: ‘Indigenous Peoples' Day.’

By Michael Graham   
October 9, 2017

Los Angeles and Austin, Texas have now joined the list of liberal-run cities that have eradicated Columbus Day from their calendars and replaced it with “Indigenous Peoples’ Day.” In LA, the desire to dis the European discoverer was so strong that they rejected a compromise proposal to keep Columbus Day and add “Indigenous Peoples’ Day” elsewhere.

“We need to dismantle a state-sponsored celebration of genocide of indigenous peoples,” said Chrissie Castro of the LA Native American Indian Commission. “To make us celebrate on any other day would be further injustice.”

Most Americans don’t agree. A new Marist poll finds 56 percent of Americans admire Columbus and support Columbus Day. They reject the idea that it’s a holiday about slaughter and enslavement. However, if we really want to commemorate horrifying, unspeakable violence and oppression in the Americas, I’ve got the perfect holiday: “Indigenous People’s Day.”

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/09/indigenous-peoples-day-far-worse-columbus-day/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Why ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’ Is Far Worse Than Columbus Day
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:54:55 pm »
   Being of Seminole ancestry I couldn't help but notice the glaring omission of 'smallpox' in the article and it's devastation of the Plains Indians. JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »
Yes because Native Americans were just peaceful Gaia worshippers until those nasty Europeans showed up.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:20 am »
"Indigenous Peoples’ Day..."

What a crock of b.s.

This isn't even worth responding to in "real America".

By "real America" I mean places other than the leftist-communist states where such nonsense gets attention.

Just ignore them.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 01:27:45 am »
Saw a meme that the Aztecs sacrificed 83000 people shortly before they were found.  Guess that's ok because white men didn't do it
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.