Author Topic: OMB Director Mulvaney: Growth, Not Spending Cuts, Will Solve Debt, Deficit Problem  (Read 1254 times)

rangerrebew

OMB Director Mulvaney: Growth, Not Spending Cuts, Will Solve Debt, Deficit Problem

(CNSNews.com) – “I've come to the realization that Washington is not going to solve the debt problem, the deficit problem, through spending,” White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said on Sunday.

The former congressman from South Carolina said he came to Washington in 2011, hoping to cut spending; but he quickly realized the political will to do that just wasn’t there.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/omb-director-mulvaney-growth-not-spending-cuts-will-solve-debt-deficit

Offline dfwgator

Everybody wants to cut spending, except for their "pet program."

Offline LMAO

He's dangerously wrong
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's dangerously wrong

He is 100% correct in every regard!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

He is 100% correct in every regard!

He's correct in regards to no political will to cut spending.

Wrong to assume growth without real spending cuts will take care of debt and deficits
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:39:04 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's correct in regards to no political will to cut spending.

Wrong to assume growth will take care of debt and deficits

I respectfully disagree in toto!  IF we got our own house in order with regard to tax and fiscal policy it would happen in short order!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

I'll take both, Mick.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Nope.  The problem with spending is not only the amount, but the attitude that perpetual deficit spending is acceptable.

We can't grow our way out of debt if we'll just spend the additional tax revenues (and more).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.