Author Topic: Rare SS454 Chevelle Sat in Huge Car Collection for 40 Years!  (Read 701 times)

Offline corbe

Rare SS454 Chevelle Sat in Huge Car Collection for 40 Years!
« on: October 07, 2017, 06:44:51 pm »

Rare SS454 Chevelle Sat in Huge Car Collection for 40 Years!

Hot Rod Network Staff

4 days ago

No other car symbolizes the automotive nirvana of the muscle car era better than the 1970 Chevelle SS454. In 1970, the RPO (Regular Production Option) LS6 SS454 engine was rated at 450 horsepower, which made it the highest ever offered in a regular production car. Eric K. Mann of Bowtie Acres in Downingtown, Pennsylvania was well aware of these facts as well as the iconic status of the 1970 Chevelle when he landed this epic barn find Chevelle that was parked in the late 1970s and never moved.

"I heard of a 60-plus car collection being sold near Hope, New Jersey that contained a red 1970 Chevelle SS," says Mann. "When I looked at the car and saw the custom LS6 striping on the fender, I immediately contacted Jim Brady in Landenberg, Pennsylvania to help me authenticate the car as an original LS6."

Mann arranged for Brady to come have a look at the car, and upon inspecting it, he determined the car to be an original LS6. "I checked the engine's casting date, build date, and VIN stamp as well as the VIN stamp and build date on the Muncie transmission. That was enough to identify it," Brady says. "It was definitely an authentic LS6 Chevelle."

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/rare-ss454-chevelle-sat-in-huge-car-collection-for-40-years/ar-AAsPjbS?li=BBisPVf&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Rare SS454 Chevelle Sat in Huge Car Collection for 40 Years!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:33:28 pm »
My first car was a blue chevelle 1969 and I wish I still had it. It was not the deluxe model-but still. I have even had dreams about finding it in an old garage. I miss when cars were exciting.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Rare SS454 Chevelle Sat in Huge Car Collection for 40 Years!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:43:09 pm »
This guy just bought a bucket of misery. A salt road PA car that has sat in a field for 40 years is going to need $50K+ in restoration for sure. I also question the cowl tag bullshit about 8-tracks. Chevy was notoriously scotch on information on those VINs until '71 or '72. You can just about figure out if it was a V8 or not from them. That is why paperwork is a must on these bowties.