Author Topic: China Is Showing the World What Renewable Energy Dominance Looks Like, Says New IEA Report  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
China isn't messing around anymore. I'm excited to see what they can do with solar.

https://www.desmog.uk/2017/10/03/china-showing-world-what-renewable-energy-dominance-looks-says-new-iea-report

The growth of solar energy continues to outpace forecasts and this growth, according to a report published today by the International Energy Agency, “is a China story.”

While China today is far and away the global leader in solar generation, a decade ago, the country had just 100 megawatts of solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity installed. That’s nothing. For reference, it’s actually less than is currently installed in the city of San Antonio. By the end of 2016, China had increased its solar PV capacity by nearly 800 times, with more than 77 gigawatts currently installed.

China’s solar dominance is only going to keep growing, according to the IEA report. As Dr. Paolo Frankl, one of the lead authors on the report, said on a call to reporters, “In one year, China will install the equivalent of the total history of solar development in Germany.”
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
good, hope they spend all their money on it
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

But so far we here are spending the money to buy those solar panels from the Chinese instead, thanks to Obama and W.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

But so far we here are spending the money to buy those solar panels from the Chinese instead, thanks to Obama and W.

Don't forget the cuckservatives in Congress like Ryan, McConnell, McPain, and Collins also ahd a big hand in the solar subsidies that are making the Chinese rich.

Offline Meldrew

China’s solar dominance is only going to keep growing, according to the IEA report. As Dr. Paolo Frankl, one of the lead authors on the report, said on a call to reporters, “In one year, China will install the equivalent of the total history of solar development in Germany.”

Does this mean that the "one new coal plant every 10 days" thing is OK now?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Elon Musk wants us to spend the money 
Elon Musk Wants to Replace Puerto Rico's Power Grid With Solar
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a28537/elon-musk-solar-puerto-rico/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=100717
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Elon Musk wants us to spend the money 
Elon Musk Wants to Replace Puerto Rico's Power Grid With Solar
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a28537/elon-musk-solar-puerto-rico/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=100717
That might be a viable backup in the more remote and inaccessible parts of the island. Off-grid is off-grid, but tends to be expensive.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis