Author Topic: ‘Privately funded’ Obama presidential library could cost Illinois taxpayers $100 million or more  (Read 1594 times)

Offline endicom

American Thinker
Thomas Lifson
Oct. 6, 2017

Erecting a monument to the Obama presidency is a task best handled quickly, before the seeds of disaster planted in Iran, the federal debt, and the FISA Court (among other places) come to full flower. And despite promises of private funding, taxpayers are going to have to cough up, even in Illinois, a fiscal dead man walking with pension obligations that dwarf the taxing capacity of the state and the City of Chicago. Barack's plans for a monument to his glory will not be thwarted by mere politicians or community groups.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/10/privately_funded_obama_presidential_library_could_cost_illinois_taxpayers_100_million_or_more.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will it have copies of all of Hillary's e-mails? Benghazi transcripts? The dope on Fast and Furious?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

Will it have copies of all of Hillary's e-mails? Benghazi transcripts? The dope on Fast and Furious?

It will have

Offline mountaineer

Artist's rendition.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Artist's rendition.

Heck Saudi should chip in, they do on most mosques.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.