Author Topic: China openly discussing collapse of North Korea  (Read 448 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

China openly discussing collapse of North Korea
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:49:38 pm »
China openly discussing collapse of North Korea
American Thinker, Oct 2, 2017, Thomas Lifson

China has sent an unmistakable signal that Kim Jong-un had better not rely on the historic alliance between China and North Korea to resist President Trump's demands.  In fact, as he dallies with his troop of teen sex slaves, he had better keep in mind that Beijing is wondering what it might be like with the Kim dynasty out of the way.

The Chinese way of delivering such a harsh message is to use a third party – preferably one without a policy role, but who clearly speaks for the ruling elite.  Someone, for instance, like the dean of international studies at Beijing University (the Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Stanford of China).

Read more:  http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/10/china_openly_discussing_collapse_of_north_korea.html

Offline Concerned

Re: China openly discussing collapse of North Korea
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:22:20 pm »
If China wanted to topple or otherwise de-stable North Korea, they could do it in relatively easily.  After all, about 90% of North Korean trade is with China.  I doubt North Korea is taking “signaling” by “Chinese academics” through a “scholarly journal” all that seriously.  I’ll believe they’re serious when they cease their nuclear and missile testing programs.  I’m not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon though.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline endicom

Re: China openly discussing collapse of North Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 08:37:52 pm »
I think the Nork regime has become a liability to the PRC. The old ideological tie has frayed and Kim land is an economic black hole.