Author Topic: Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4)  (Read 5721 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4)
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 12:37:14 am »
All of these updates played nice when installed but .. I have no clue as to what they are!

MS always has names for their crappy updates but only give you numbers when they are installed!

I have no time or patience to look up the update that is killing my display!
(Obviously it's not one of these)

D00d. You're wasting all this angst. Just throw a known good vid in it a sec to see if it corrects, and if it does, go get a big wonkin NVidia card and be done. The first will prove the motherboard, and the second will solve the problem.

Life is too short.  :shrug:

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 12:46:28 am »
Lenovo has a driver update installation package on their website.  It is not as slick as the Dell system, but I'd go there and check on chips set updates, actually all the vendor provided updates.  Sometimes that will make a difference in the MS updates.  Also, need to make sure your hardware is actually Win 10 compatible.

I ran across a case where Best Buy sold a new Dell laptop with Win 10.  Wireless would never work right.  When I checked it with Dell via service tag, I discovered that the machine with Win 7, it was NOT eligible for Win 10 upgrade because if hardware and there are no Win 10 drivers for the wireless adapter from the manufacturer.  Someone did the Win 10 upgrade over the wire and stuck the customer with the result.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 01:13:01 am »
Lenovo has a driver update installation package on their website.  It is not as slick as the Dell system, but I'd go there and check on chips set updates, actually all the vendor provided updates.  Sometimes that will make a difference in the MS updates.  Also, need to make sure your hardware is actually Win 10 compatible.

I ran across a case where Best Buy sold a new Dell laptop with Win 10.  Wireless would never work right.  When I checked it with Dell via service tag, I discovered that the machine with Win 7, it was NOT eligible for Win 10 upgrade because if hardware and there are no Win 10 drivers for the wireless adapter from the manufacturer.  Someone did the Win 10 upgrade over the wire and stuck the customer with the result.

I tried the Lenovo and the AMD packages and neither worked.

According to Lenovo, this pc was built in 2016 and never had any other system except windows 10.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 01:14:18 am »
D00d. You're wasting all this angst. Just throw a known good vid in it a sec to see if it corrects, and if it does, go get a big wonkin NVidia card and be done. The first will prove the motherboard, and the second will solve the problem.

Life is too short.  :shrug:

Can you spare this poor bloke a couple of bucks?  :beer:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 05:16:49 pm »
Nah. I am running two AMD A10s... No worries.  But I really can't recall if I am running any Raedon anymore...

EDIT: Whoops! Only one A10, the other is a Phenom II with 4200 Raedon... But, like I said, no worries

My wife has a 16GB HP A10-6700 desktop and has had no problems (no discrete video card, DVI monitor). I always keep my fingers crossed for major updates but creators went in 6 weeks ago without a hitch. The 6700 is locked though - not sure if overclocking could be an issue...

---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA