Author Topic: In firing Tom Price, Trump just did what Obama never could: accept blame and tell a bureaucrat 'you're fired'  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In firing Tom Price, Trump just did what Obama never could: accept blame and tell a bureaucrat 'you're fired'
by Philip Wegmann | Sep 29, 2017, 6:00 PM

America hired a reality television star with no experience in government. All the electorate remembered was that Donald Trump was good at saying "you're fired" on primetime television. So, they hired him as president, and, on Friday at around 5 p.m., they got their money's worth.

Trump just accepted the resignation of disgraced Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price. It's the right thing to do, and it's a great move. What's more, by cutting Price, Trump has shown a leadership that Obama never would.

For one of the first times in almost a decade, the buck has stopped at the president's desk. Where Obama deflected controversy, Trump accepted responsibility. His guy screwed up, and Trump owned up to that failure by firing the guy he chose. Compared to Obama, that's downright presidential. Consider the following....

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/in-firing-tom-price-trump-just-did-what-obama-never-could-accept-blame-and-tell-a-bureaucrat-youre-fired/article/2636121
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Exactly right!  Great leadership by the President, and strong message to his team about not accepting fiscal abuse. It would be awfully tough to talk about "draining the swamp" and cutting government spending while accepting these types of expenditures.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's a staffing decision made between Trump and Price.  The replacement is about to become the political football for the next month, so prepare yourselves.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

And another 96% ACU rated Conservative, defamed and out of the game.  **nononono* *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Firing is fine for a start but I'd love to see Price sued to recover the wasted funds. We probably can't collect but legal fees might be the next best punishment, and would send a strong message that "draining the swamp" is more than just a catchy slogan...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Oceander

Uh, Price resigned, he wasn't fired. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Uh, Price resigned, he wasn't fired.

A distinction without a difference.  Forced retirements are how firings are done in the government.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: