Author Topic: This Woman’s Eyeball Tattoo Went Horribly Wrong. She’s Warning Others of the Danger  (Read 1030 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A Canadian model is warning people not to risk getting an eye tattoo after a botched procedure rendered her partially blind.

Catt Gallinger, 24, opted to get a “scleral tattoo” earlier this month; it involved having ink injected into one of her sclera, the medical term for the white outer layer of the eyeball. But a grisly range of pictures posted to her Facebook page on Sept. 20 showed the results of a procedure she now describes as a "massive mistake."

In one, purple dye seeps from her eye, in another her newly lavendered sclera is swollen and crusty against a the edge of her iris.

http://time.com/4962331/eyeball-tattoo-scleral-blind/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm totally cool with tattoos; probably out of the mainstream line of thinking here...

..but eyeball tattoos just creep me out. I don't even want to know what it feels like to get those. A calf and arm tattoo hurts enough as it is.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'm shocked that having a tattoo artist inject ink into your eyeball is risky.    who would have thunk it
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

I'm totally cool with tattoos; probably out of the mainstream line of thinking here...

..but eyeball tattoos just creep me out. I don't even want to know what it feels like to get those. A calf and arm tattoo hurts enough as it is.

IMHO, tattoos were fine when a military man had one of his girlfriend or his dog or his unit or something on his arm only.  But they have gotten out of hand.  People have massive tattoos on their faces, arms, legs, chests, backs and a few other locations I won't mention. I think all that artwork is ugly.  At times, the sight makes me want to hurl.

Offline aligncare

Tattoos are common place in Staten Island. Large numbers of police, firemen, military and wise guys live in the borough. Lots of women are going for tats, too. And if that’s not crazy enough, some are going overboard with full shoulder, neck, full back. I just chuckle and think, I want to be there when she realizes her mistake. That’s when she’ll really feel the pain of getting a bad tattoo.

Silver Pines

I'm very squeamish about eyes.  I can't understand how anyone could get an eyeball tattoo, or how she would think it could go anything but wrong.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
She's too ugly to be a model.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

This broad is a moron. Not for getting her eye tattooed which is stupid, but because she is heinous and thinks she is a model. Maybe she is a "Before" model for plastic surgery ads.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:24:33 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm amazed at how many tats I see at the gym on both men and women.  They are hideous.  Every last one is hideous, though i do work to see the beauty in some just in case I am accidentally making a shocked face when I see them.  I try to not show any expression at all.   But it's just not there for me.  It says "I've spent time in prison or in a gang" to me.  It is body graffiti.  Yuck.

My most difficult times are when Mrs. Liberty's nieces are showing off their latest "art," and I'm supposed to look appreciative.  They do get decent work done, in full color (and pay a pretty penny, too), but I just don't like tats on babes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Agree about women and tattoos.

I have a scar on my right pectoral muscle from a chest tube. Got it at 24 and still upset about it. The thought of deliberately marring my body, no matter how artistic, is just out of the question, ever.

Online mountaineer

Sep 15, 2017 @ 06:30 AM
Tattoo Ink Can Go Deeper Than The Skin
Bruce Y. Lee

Could there be another hazard of getting a tattoo besides contracting infectious diseases like hepatitis? A study published in Scientific Reports showed that tattoo ink may go much deeper than you realize.

Usually, when you go to a tattoo parlor and are asked where you want your tattoo, you don't say in your lymph nodes.  ...

Therefore, you may want to find out what is in your ink before you get tattooed. Sarah Everts wrote for Chemical and Engineering News that pigments in tattoo inks can be the ones also used in the textile, plastics and car paint industries, and include carcinogenic compounds such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). As a Scientific American article indicated, tattoo ink also may contain mercury, lead, antimony, beryllium, cobalt and arsenic.  ...  Full story at Forbes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

My most difficult times are when Mrs. Liberty's nieces are showing off their latest "art," and I'm supposed to look appreciative.  They do get decent work done, in full color (and pay a pretty penny, too), but I just don't like tats on babes.

Before they get it done, give em a message from me...
Nothing looks worse on a 50 year old woman than a tramp stamp.
Unless it's that cute little butterfly that over the years has turned into a dragon.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:11:27 am by roamer_1 »

Offline RoosGirl

Before they get it done, give em a message from me...
Nothing looks worse on a 50 year old woman than a tramp stamp.
Unless it's that cute little butterfly that over the years has turned into a dragon.  :whistle:

:silly:

Offline RoosGirl

But not until AFTER the tattoo is complete.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Sorry, but I rule out sex with bad spelers.  Just sayin. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

SO many tat artists seem to have spelling problems.
One of my buddies has a scar on his arm...
It was a heart, and was supposed to have 'Bobbi' in it...

He got 'Bobby'
would have been alright if it had said 'Booby", but he couldn't live with the error.

1. Never ever get a tat while drunk.
2. Insist the tat artist prove at least good grades in high school English.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
To each their own. Me, I'm picky. I remember leisure suits and such, and I never saw anything I wanted to wear that long.

The scars, I earned, one way or another.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

Sorry, but I rule out sex with bad spelers.  Just sayin.

In this case that's probably a good thing since I'm pretty sure that's a dude's leg.  Or a European woman.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In this case that's probably a good thing since I'm pretty sure that's a dude's leg.  Or a European woman.

Looks like a French shoe....
I will NOT comply.