Author Topic: The Illegal Activity of “Doxing”: Revealing “documents or personal information” about a person, without their permission, with the intent to Threaten, Harass, Intimidate, Shame, Humiliate or Place at Risk….  (Read 1317 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That site was one of the biggest sources/repeaters of slanders during the primaries, and cited often by BFAC and others at TOS as if it was one of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It's pretty low on my credibility list.

I chose that one for a reason. The owner was a Conservative who was doxxed by the left for running his site and he lost his job because of it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I chose that one for a reason. The owner was a Conservative who was doxxed by the left for running his site and he lost his job because of it.
I may not agree with what people say on the web, but no one should be hauled out for political views published under a nom de plume (a screen name in this day and age). If you want to put your name on it and your bosses don't like it that is one thing, but being deprived of that essential anonymity is wrong.

That said, the site was virulently pro trump/Anti Cruz, which caught a lot of people off guard, frankly, because about 80% of the things they were supporting were the same.  My objections to DT were not so much his political promises as his past record of behaviour and serious questions about whether or not he would earnestly try to see those stated goals through. I thought Cruz's stances on a couple of issues were better, too (the ethanol fuel mandate for one).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:08:25 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

RAT Patrol

That site was one of the biggest sources/repeaters of slanders during the primaries, and cited often by BFAC and others at TOS as if it was one of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It's pretty low on my credibility list.

Exactly.

RAT Patrol

I would definitely NOT call him a conservative.   

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I would definitely NOT call him a conservative.

Fair enough. Labeled as such. This was also back in 2012 and it was much less clickbaity back then.

RAT Patrol

Fair enough. Labeled as such. This was also back in 2012 and it was much less clickbaity back then.

Oh I see.  I hadn't noticed the date.  Maybe that's what pushed him over the edge into crazy land.

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh I see.  I hadn't noticed the date.  Maybe that's what pushed him over the edge into crazy land.
It would be ample reason to hold a virulent grudge against those in liberal media at any level. That anger might be the driving force behind supporting a particular candidate, as many of those supporters were caught up in that groundswell. I do not see it as an excuse to trash another, though. Another wrong doesn't make anything right.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

RAT Patrol

It would be ample reason to hold a virulent grudge against those in liberal media at any level. That anger might be the driving force behind supporting a particular candidate, as many of those supporters were caught up in that groundswell. I do not see it as an excuse to trash another, though. Another wrong doesn't make anything right.

Yeah, it is no excuse.  He was targeting conservatives big time.  Mark Levin for sure.  Of course Ted Cruz.  I don't remember the others.  I started to ignore him.  He said some horrible things.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, it is no excuse.  He was targeting conservatives big time.  Mark Levin for sure.  Of course Ted Cruz.  I don't remember the others.  I started to ignore him.  He said some horrible things.
Two things I noticed early on during the supersmear at TOS, (aside from the idea of vetting liberal media comments about Conservatives and debunking them) were the article posters and the sources. I'd never heard of the Conservative Treehouse, and Breitbart hadn't been the same since Andrew died. Suddenly, posters I had rarely seen post were dominating the board with hit pieces and inflammatory rhetoric, and they had old sign up dates. I'd been there since April '99 and hadn't seen them before.

If it smells like a rat, posts stuff like a 'rat, it's probably a rat. Even the shoutdown style when confronted with facts reeked fairly of a rat's nest.

C S Lewis

RAT Patrol

Two things I noticed early on during the supersmear at TOS, (aside from the idea of vetting liberal media comments about Conservatives and debunking them) were the article posters and the sources. I'd never heard of the Conservative Treehouse, and Breitbart hadn't been the same since Andrew died. Suddenly, posters I had rarely seen post were dominating the board with hit pieces and inflammatory rhetoric, and they had old sign up dates. I'd been there since April '99 and hadn't seen them before.

If it smells like a rat, posts stuff like a 'rat, it's probably a rat. Even the shoutdown style when confronted with facts reeked fairly of a rat's nest.

Yep.  That's exactly how I remember it.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yep.  That's exactly how I remember it.
It would be interesting to know the mole content and some of the behind the scenes goings on. What was sanctioned and what was going with the flow. The whole thing had the reek of (skilled) professional agitators about it.

C S Lewis