Author Topic: WSJ The Politicization of Everything  (Read 392 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WSJ The Politicization of Everything
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:55:41 pm »
The Politicization of Everything
Everybody loses in the Trump-NFL brawl over the national anthem.

By The Editorial Board
Sept. 24, 2017 6:11 p.m. ET

Healthy democracies have ample room for politics but leave a larger space for civil society and culture that unites more than divides. With the politicization of the National Football League and the national anthem, the Divided States of America are exhibiting a very unhealthy level of polarization and mistrust.

The progressive forces of identity politics started this poisoning of America’s favorite spectator sport last year by making a hero of Colin Kaepernick for refusing to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games. They raised the stakes this year by turning him into a progressive martyr because no team had picked him up to play quarterback after he opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers.

more
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-politicization-of-everything-1506291118
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: WSJ The Politicization of Everything
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:02:06 pm »
WSJ:   Try to keep up.....

Rush Limbaugh has been saying this for the past 9 years. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Re: WSJ The Politicization of Everything
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:15:12 pm »
Here's something else that's been politicized ("hijacked by the left"):
The political price tag on Miss America’s tiara
The pageant has become a cultural playground of the radical left
By Day Gardner -
Tuesday, September 26, 2017

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Forty years ago, I helped black girls become more accepted as the “girl next door” as a Miss America contestant. After seeing this year’s pageant, I fear a Pandora’s box of politics has been opened. It risks making an institution that has helped empower women for almost 100 years irrelevant and further polarize our society.

Miss America featured black contestants since 1971, but television audiences only saw fleeting glimpses of them until I advanced to the semifinals as Miss Delaware in 1977 pageant. It was an honor to do so, but my journey was challenging. Racial animosity dogged my progress, and there were several moments I didn’t think my family could handle the pressure.

Persistence paid off. I didn’t win, but the first black Miss America was crowned in 1983. Race is no longer an impediment. Politics, however, seems to be a new barrier to advancement.

In choosing Miss America for 2018, contestants were asked a series of loaded current events questions. Miss Missouri was asked about President Trump’s alleged election collusion with the Russians. Miss North Dakota was asked if Mr. Trump should have withdrawn from the Paris climate accord. Miss New Jersey got the question about Confederate statues. Miss North Dakota was the most decisively anti-Trump. She won. Draw your own conclusion.  ...

But I fear liberal pressures threaten the pageant’s future. Andrew Breitbart noted that “politics is downstream from culture,” and the co-opting of Miss America appears well underway ....
Full article at Washington Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org