Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15012 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 10:42:02 pm »
I don't like Football anyway, but I'm a lot like that with Baseball, and if my beloved D'backs pulled this they would be dead to me.

You mean like they're gonna be round mid-October?    :bolt:   

^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 10:42:50 pm »
I think all this only widens the divide within the country. Pushes everything further to an uncivil conclusion. Overall I don't think that is good.

But...

If we're going to be divided I'm not going to surrender to those who trash the country to make peace.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »
All this is going to be very telling on where the country is, or isn't... Will the American people reject their sports being politicized by black thugs and the wannabees that follow them or will they succumb to their demands so that they can continue with their entertainment unabated? Which will come first?

At this point, I'm not sure.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 10:46:19 pm »
Defending the National Anthem and condemning those who protest it is pretty much of a no brainer for any POTUS.  Trump went farther than most president's would have, but I didn't see anything in his comments that was out of bounds politically.  If the protesters "have the right" to kneel, then the fans also have the right not to patronize the teams.  Seems perfectly sensible to me.

As for calling out the owners, good for him.  I have no sympathy for NFL owners, except the owners of the Green Bay Packers (the only NFL team owned by the fans).

Dallas Cowboys have been known as "America's Team" for decades!

So (even if it's a marketing ploy and his heart isn't in it)...it's no surprise that the owner laid the law down that if anybody doesn't stand with the hands on their heart, "You're outta here!"

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 10:50:49 pm »
Dallas Cowboys have been known as "America's Team" for decades!

So (even if it's a marketing ploy and his heart isn't in it)...it's no surprise that the owner laid the law down that if anybody doesn't stand with the hands on their heart, "You're outta here!"

I don't care.  I still hate Jerry Jones.  And the Cowboys.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 10:56:00 pm »
I don't care.  I still hate Jerry Jones.  And the Cowboys.

:laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »
You mean like they're gonna be round mid-October?    :bolt:   

^-^

They could be after the 5th.  Rockies have always been a tough nut for us. ^-^
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:00 pm »

The precedent is already known and it is quite clear. Hollywood as a whole, along with the music industry, have made billions by pissing on the flag, disparaging America and Americans, and by promoting every kind of vile debauchery known to man. Granted, this attitude has affected them dearly, more than anyone will ever know, but they don't seem to mind. It seems that the only single thing in Hollywood that is more important than money, sex, and drugs, is to maintain 'the agenda'. They keep the Leftist agenda going at any costs. They don't seem to care..............

Thanks for sharing that @240B profound Insight.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 11:24:04 pm »
They could be after the 5th.  Rockies have always been a tough nut for us. ^-^

All hope is not lost @Cyber Liberty the Suns start training camp next week.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 11:32:39 pm »
   All hope is not lost @Cyber Liberty the Suns start training camp next week.

I hate Basketball ever since it became the equivalent of Professional Wrestling.  The refs are on the take, and I'll guarantee that bunch won't stand for the Anthem.  Good side:  Dbacks just clinched home field advantage for the Wild Card Playoff with a walk-off hit, and it's extremely important because the Rockies are tough in their park.

There's a Champagne Shower going on right now in the locker room.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »
    Ouch! @Cyber Liberty I'm a Basketball freak, and I'm sure some will kneel and I will be pizzed..  Go Rockets.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 11:45:05 pm »
I hope you are right.  When I see football fans, I see addicts.  I don't mean it in a bad way, but it is a habit built up over years; I do not see them giving it up very easily.  Fans will yell and scream on both sides just like they do during the game.  Then it will pass.  In this age of postmodernism, no one stands their ground for very long.  Certainly not on something like this that gets in the way of their entertainment.

I love football.  Love to watch, love to hear the sound of a game in the background; I love football.  And, I've walked away from it.  I watched maybe a couple of pro games last season and will not watch any this season.

(I do still watch college football)

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 11:56:36 pm »
Trump is still POed at the NFL for other reasons. I still watch pro-football.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 12:00:07 am »
    Ouch! @Cyber Liberty I'm a Basketball freak, and I'm sure some will kneel and I will be pizzed..  Go Rockets.

I was particularly amused when a ref, who later admitted to being bribed to do so, suspended most of the Suns' starting lineup for game 5 of a 5-game playoff series.  I can't tell you how long and hard I laughed.  The ref confessed, and was back on the court the beginning of the next season.

The entire sport called "Basketball" can go Eff itself.  Never watched a game since.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 12:01:30 am »
Trump is still POed at the NFL for other reasons. I still watch pro-football.

Color me surprised.
I will NOT comply.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 12:04:29 am »
I love football.  Love to watch, love to hear the sound of a game in the background; I love football.  And, I've walked away from it.  I watched maybe a couple of pro games last season and will not watch any this season.

(I do still watch college football)

Good for you.  I would do the same if I watched it.  I used to watch college football.  It seems more genuine.  I don't have television so I don't watch anything except my DVDs.  Right now I have "Murder She Wrote" playing in the background.  LOL.  I lead a boring life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2017, 12:09:33 am »
The NFL will be walking (or kneeling) away a loser on this one.

The dissident  players think they are protesting Trump but the public sees the whole stupid thing as protesting America, the Flag and the National Anthem.

And the public does not like it one bit.  I've seen a bunch of posts on Facebook where people are vowing only to watch the Dallas Cowboys.
Kinda tough to just watch the Cowboys unless they play by themselves.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 12:16:42 am »
The NFL will be walking (or kneeling) away a loser on this one.

The dissident  players think they are protesting Trump but the public sees the whole stupid thing as protesting America, the Flag and the National Anthem.

And the public does not like it one bit.  I've seen a bunch of posts on Facebook where people are vowing only to watch the Dallas Cowboys.

The comments I saw in SF Gate are heavily against these stupid protests, fer cryin out loud.

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 12:30:33 am »
Kinda tough to just watch the Cowboys unless they play by themselves.

And they'll still Lose. @IsailedawayfromFR

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:58 am »

And they'll still Lose. @IsailedawayfromFR

:silly:

"Football," right?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 03:41:29 am »

The precedent is already known and it is quite clear. Hollywood as a whole, along with the music industry, have made billions by pissing on the flag, disparaging America and Americans, and by promoting every kind of vile debauchery known to man. Granted, this attitude has affected them dearly, more than anyone will ever know, but they don't seem to mind. It seems that the only single thing in Hollywood that is more important than money, sex, and drugs, is to maintain 'the agenda'. They keep the Leftist agenda going at any costs. They don't seem to care.

Based on that, maybe the NFL, NBA, and ESPN, are also willing to sacrifice anything to keep 'the agenda' of hating America and, of course, President Trump going. The biggest difference is that Hollywood and music play to the Left. That is where the Left dwells. It is their environment. Whereas sports are not normally a big part of the Leftist world. Sports audiences are dominated mostly by the Right. So, they may not be able to sustain it as Hollywood has.

Everything WAS fine. If someone in sports management is orchestrating this to stir up division, they are taking a huge bet. I don't know what they are thinking or what they have planned, but for the life of me I cannot see any upside to all of this for anyone in the sports industry. It seems like a needless disruption that can only end in audience/revenue losses.

NFL decline over the last few years
- weird rules changes
- slow play/action = long drawn out games
- player behavior off field
- the concussion issue
- general bad reputation of so many players
- banning any display of Americanism/Patriotism/Christianity/Police or Military support
- and others...

Take all of this and mix in anti-Americanism and open anti-White Racism into the pot. Then add a big steaming helping of Politics and throw that in. Wow. That is stinky brew they're mixing up. Who do they think is going to drink it?

The NFL is so quick to ban little tiny things that either no one cares about or is something that would actually boost the game. A yet they support an active major disruption to the game by anti-American thugs? It makes absolutely no sense at all no matter how you look at it.

Someone from Mars would assume that management is either mentally challenged, or they are deliberately trying to commit suicide.

I don't know. I remain confused why no one why up there in the chain of command in the NFL doesn't say, "Ok kids. You've had your little 'outburst' or whatever. Now it's time to get back to the game."

But they won't do it. In fact they seem to support it. Are they crazy? I guess they want to go down with the ship for their cause, or causes or whatever this is about. They are willing to take the hits for this while nobody is completely sure even what it is they are fighting for? What is the goal? What is the expected outcome? There isn't a defined point.

They are protesting for the sake of protesting. Nothing more. And their 'enabler' parents are letting them get away with it. How can anyone solve a problem if the person complaining doesn't even know what they are mad about or what they want done? The whole thing is juvenile and idiotic. It is nothing more than a bunch of multi-millionaire children throwing a temper tantrum simply because they can.

Great post.

Insanity only fueled by poor leadership in the NFL.  Goodell is a nightmare.

I'm probably a bit of an addict.  I've loved football, mostly professional football, since we had two teams in Dallas,  The Dallas Texans (who became the Kansas City Chiefs) and the Cowboys.

I'll always watch the Cowboys.  But we're lucky enough to have an owner who won't put up with the crap.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 03:52:28 am »
Football is dead. No one can afford to go to games. Moms don't want their kids to play it so everyone plays soccer now. Ratings are in the toilet because the sportcasters are Commie Pinkos. Roger Goodell is an effing loser of the first order who would be cleaning the stalls in a gay bath house if it were not for his dad. Teams are like vampires jumping from host city to host city sucking up tax money to build their shrines to failure......but Karl Rove is never wrong so I guess I will side with his genius.

Offline anubias

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 05:18:15 am »
Great post.

Insanity only fueled by poor leadership in the NFL.  Goodell is a nightmare.

I'm probably a bit of an addict.  I've loved football, mostly professional football, since we had two teams in Dallas,  The Dallas Texans (who became the Kansas City Chiefs) and the Cowboys.

I'll always watch the Cowboys.  But we're lucky enough to have an owner who won't put up with the crap.

I grew up watching the Chiefs with my Dad and whoever was playing the Cowboys.  My father sorely hated the NFL, the Cowboys, and Murchison for the Texans leaving Dallas and Tex Schramm's part in the NFL/AFL merger.  He and I along with friends would drive to Hillsboro to setup the camping trailer just to watch whatever team was playing here at home against the Cowboys due to blackouts.

My father's best friend and his family were huge Cowboys fan.  His daughter's successful dream was to be a cheerleader for them.  After every Cowboy's win, the phone would ring sending my father into a cursing blue streak knowing it was his friend calling to rub it in.  The first baby gift my father's first grandchild received was from my father's friend --  A Roger Staubach tee. 

I thought he might forgive the Cowboys when Jerry Jones bought them, but good ol' Jerry shat upon Tom Landry right out of the gate.  My father might not have been a Landry fan, but he respected him and Jones obviously did not.  He thought the Cowboys got exactly what they deserved in Jerry Jones.

To make matters worse for my Dad, my brother did not follow in my Dad's footsteps, but loved the Cowboys.  He wore the shirts and would roll his eyes at my Dad for not supporting America's Team.  I, on the other hand, was his only cohort as I had more sense than to root for the Cowboys in front of my Dad.  Instead, I avidly listened to his stories about the evil Cowboys, the dastardly Tex Schramm, the "Kill that SOB!"es when Rodger would Dodge, and the never-ending aspersion's cast upon Lance's sexuality whenever the announcer would claim that Rentzel was in motion; although I didn't truly understand what those aspersions actually meant.  I enjoyed every minute of those Sundays spent with my Dad and would give anything if I could hear him hurl a few invectives at the television; although I know that he would not be watching football right now even if he could.  He would be livid with the NFL and the SJW players and would be cussing a blue streak about it all.  Without a doubt.

Offline DB

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 05:25:16 am »
Progressives seem to always tear things down. Not build things.

We'll see how far this destruction goes.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 06:08:40 am »
I am a Bronco fan since 1977.  Until today.  32 of the overpaid coddled crybabies chose to disrespect the American flag and spit in the face of the country that made them wealthy.  Too bad the Broncos have already gone 2-1 because I can no longer hope they lose 16 games.  I am done with watching football.  Oh well, it will give me more time on the Sunday afternoons that I am not working for a living. At something less than tens of thousands of dollars a minute....
God is still in control