Author Topic: In Alabama, Trump Attempts to Sell the Idea of a Transparent Wall  (Read 6192 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: In Alabama, Trump Attempts to Sell the Idea of a Transparent Wall
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 01:40:36 am »
Look, I cannot go back on my resolution not to make personal insults ... particularly since it's only lasted a couple of days.

I do think Red State has gone to the dark side a little, but I don't blame anyone here for that at all.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DB

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 01:51:36 am »
Assuming "invisible" isn't a metaphor for a virtual non existent wall a security wall that can be seen through reduces its effectiveness considerably. Knowing what's on the other side makes it much easier to breach the wall without consequences. You know where border patrol is and isn't without having to risk climbing the wall to find out.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 03:11:01 am »
Assuming "invisible" isn't a metaphor for a virtual non existent wall a security wall that can be seen through reduces its effectiveness considerably. Knowing what's on the other side makes it much easier to breach the wall without consequences. You know where border patrol is and isn't without having to risk climbing the wall to find out.

True.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 03:39:28 am »

Poor assumption.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:02 am »
Would you still be able to see through it at night time? I would think that would be the best time to try and breach the wall without anyone seeing you. It's a bit silly.

Offline DB

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:58 am »

Offline DB

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 03:49:10 am »
Would you still be able to see through it at night time? I would think that would be the best time to try and breach the wall without anyone seeing you. It's a bit silly.

There are many miles of border. If you can see through it, you can see for miles if someone is patrolling it on the other side or not. Nighttime would only make that easier. You can see headlights and flashlights even further.

Offline anubias

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 05:20:05 am »
Look, I cannot go back on my resolution not to make personal insults ... particularly since it's only lasted a couple of days.

I do think Red State has gone to the dark side a little, but I don't blame anyone here for that at all.

Red State has always been anti-Trump. They purged all of the Trumpers back during the primaries. It's been a hotbed of Establishment since it's founding. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:57 pm »
Red State has always been anti-Trump. They purged all of the Trumpers back during the primaries. It's been a hotbed of Establishment since it's founding.

You're probably right but I only recently noticed how blatant is has become.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 07:20:47 pm »

What's a good conservative site?  I don't mean pro-Trump, I just mean fair and balanced.

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 08:33:40 pm »

@anubias
@Emjay

Actually Redstate gave up its NeverTrump stance after the election, and said so publically.  I just went over to the site and scrolled down the front page.  There are articles that are critical of Trump and some that take his side.

I used to read over there quite a bit, and I never saw anything but conservatism from them.

I can't agree that Redstate has "gone to the dark side" because they call out Trump for turning his back on his agenda.  Isn't that the right thing to do?

One of my favorite sites for balanced news and analysis is Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire.  There are people here who will tell you he's a Never Trumper, even though he is on record saying otherwise.  Sometimes he supports Trump, sometimes he doesn't, but he's always hell on leftists.

Offline anubias

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 11:17:05 pm »
@anubias
@Emjay

Actually Redstate gave up its NeverTrump stance after the election, and said so publically.  I just went over to the site and scrolled down the front page.  There are articles that are critical of Trump and some that take his side.

I used to read over there quite a bit, and I never saw anything but conservatism from them.

I can't agree that Redstate has "gone to the dark side" because they call out Trump for turning his back on his agenda.  Isn't that the right thing to do?

One of my favorite sites for balanced news and analysis is Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire.  There are people here who will tell you he's a Never Trumper, even though he is on record saying otherwise.  Sometimes he supports Trump, sometimes he doesn't, but he's always hell on leftists.

Obviously your brand of Conservatism is not mine.  If Conservatism is toeing the line of the Establishment Republicans, then yes, Red State was Conservative back in the day.  Since @Emjay is and always has been a Bush fan, she would not have noticed the underlying manipulation there.  She probably didn't know Eric at TOS back in the day and what he was all about.  I am fairly certain that you do though.  I wonder at your motivation sometimes.

Such as claiming that Ben Shapiro, who works for the Daily Wire, that was bought, paid for, and owned by the Wilkes brothers is to be trusted.  We know he lied on National television when he told the BS story about witnessing the Lewindowski/Michelle Fields fiasco and got those of us that believed him up in arms.  We know he immediately quit Breitbart because "they refused to support her."  And we know the tape came out showing the truth and the truth was not the story Ben Shapiro told.

Amazingly enough, he just happened to have a job waiting in the wings.  The Daily Wire!  A company owned by none other than the Wilkes brothers that had give 15 million to Cruz's campaign.  Good luck?  Possibly.  But, considering he lied through his teeth to put forth the story that Fields was attacked, a woman who has repeatedly lied about being attacked by pols before, I wonder at his motives.  Why would someone with a promising career at Breitbart stick his neck out and lie in such a manner, possibly ruining his career, to bring down a political candidate?  A candidate that he had been previously supporting within the last year?  Unless he already had the multi-million dollar job from the Wilkes brothers waiting in the wings?  Seems more plausible to me.

While I will read what he has to say, I don't consider him a pillar of Conservatism.  Like Trump, he can't be trusted to speak the truth.  The Daily Wire certainly isn't a site that I would consider to be a site for someone such as @Emjay that is looking for middle of the road as opposed to NeverTrump or AlwaysTrump.  Nolte left almost a month ago leaving quite the void.  One could hardly call the site "balanced" even when he was still there.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 01:19:35 am »
Obviously your brand of Conservatism is not mine.  If Conservatism is toeing the line of the Establishment Republicans, then yes, Red State was Conservative back in the day.  Since @Emjay is and always has been a Bush fan, she would not have noticed the underlying manipulation there.  She probably didn't know Eric at TOS back in the day and what he was all about.  I am fairly certain that you do though.  I wonder at your motivation sometimes.

Such as claiming that Ben Shapiro, who works for the Daily Wire, that was bought, paid for, and owned by the Wilkes brothers is to be trusted.  We know he lied on National television when he told the BS story about witnessing the Lewindowski/Michelle Fields fiasco and got those of us that believed him up in arms.  We know he immediately quit Breitbart because "they refused to support her."  And we know the tape came out showing the truth and the truth was not the story Ben Shapiro told.

Amazingly enough, he just happened to have a job waiting in the wings.  The Daily Wire!  A company owned by none other than the Wilkes brothers that had give 15 million to Cruz's campaign.  Good luck?  Possibly.  But, considering he lied through his teeth to put forth the story that Fields was attacked, a woman who has repeatedly lied about being attacked by pols before, I wonder at his motives.  Why would someone with a promising career at Breitbart stick his neck out and lie in such a manner, possibly ruining his career, to bring down a political candidate?  A candidate that he had been previously supporting within the last year?  Unless he already had the multi-million dollar job from the Wilkes brothers waiting in the wings?  Seems more plausible to me.

While I will read what he has to say, I don't consider him a pillar of Conservatism.  Like Trump, he can't be trusted to speak the truth.  The Daily Wire certainly isn't a site that I would consider to be a site for someone such as @Emjay that is looking for middle of the road as opposed to NeverTrump or AlwaysTrump.  Nolte left almost a month ago leaving quite the void.  One could hardly call the site "balanced" even when he was still there.

It's obvious that you've kept up much better than I have with the various political sites and columnists. 

Thanks.  Interesting.  My problem with Red State lately is that I'm too much snide and snark from the columnists over there. 

Is it too much to ask that they look for a few positive stories even if they DON'T make Trump look bad.

Sheesh.

Hah!  Yeah, I did and do love the Bushes.  If anyone wants to sue me about that, I must warn you, I have very little money.

I don't love Trump but I can see him abused daily on Yahoo, on all of the mainstream media and so on.  I don't need Red State to pile on.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 01:25:08 am »
By the way, on the Michelle Fields thing ... surely we are past that insignificant event ... but since we are not, I did think that Corey was a jerk but Michelle way over-dramatized the suffering.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 02:41:30 am »
Thanks Red State for proving once again that you are a pile of irrelevant diaper shitting losers that no one cares about...

Evan McMullin for President

https://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2016/10/13/evan-mcmullin-president/

McMullin owes nearly $670,000 for his failed presidential bid

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=5191365&itype=CMSID&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline anubias

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 03:04:41 am »
It's obvious that you've kept up much better than I have with the various political sites and columnists. 

Thanks.  Interesting.  My problem with Red State lately is that I'm too much snide and snark from the columnists over there. 

Is it too much to ask that they look for a few positive stories even if they DON'T make Trump look bad.

Sheesh.

Hah!  Yeah, I did and do love the Bushes.  If anyone wants to sue me about that, I must warn you, I have very little money.

I don't love Trump but I can see him abused daily on Yahoo, on all of the mainstream media and so on.  I don't need Red State to pile on.

I know you do and that's fine.  I believe him to be a good person, just not a perfect POTUS.  Reagan wasn't perfect either for that matter, but he has been the best by far in recent history.  No POTUS is going to do everything I wish he would do and will do things I wish he would not.  Trump included.

It's hard to stay positive with all the insanity going on right now and everyone trying to make a buck by nitpicking or posting with ulterior motives.  Not knowing who to believe with all the lies being cast about.  Not knowing just what Trump is thinking and what he will do.  Reading smark and nastiness no matter what site you visit.  All you can do is stick to what you believe in, hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and ignore all the bull.  Be thankful that you are able to rise above it all as you have been doing since I first saw you on the forum.  You're a treat @Emjay.  Lord love ya!

Offline anubias

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2017, 03:07:11 am »
Thanks Red State for proving once again that you are a pile of irrelevant diaper shitting losers that no one cares about...

McMullin owes nearly $670,000 for his failed presidential bid

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=5191365&itype=CMSID&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:beer:  You do have a way with words, @Frank Cannon !  LOL

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 04:51:00 am »

@anubias

Lol, wow

I really didn't expecf my suggestions would be taken seriously, but I wasn't anticipating that stream of Conservative Treehouse/Gotnews/Free Republic conspiracy crap.  So you bought into the lie from the same suspects who tried to say Erick Erickson was bought, even after being proved wrong.  Well...people seem to be gullible these days, so.

Just offhand, I'd say Shapiro left his "promising career" at that dumpster fire site for the reasons he stated, and to start his own site, podcast, online show, etc.  You can claim the guy isn't balanced all you want, but a glance at his Twitter squashes that. 

Wonder about me all you like, babe.  I couldn't care less.  But you're right about one thing---we don't share the same brand of conservatism, and, boy, am I thankful.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 04:56:06 am »

Sheesh.

@Emjay

Trump is abandoning his immigration promises, saying that the wall is really a bunch of renovated fences, and now that it has to be transparent so Americans don't get hit in the head when Mexicans throw stuff over.  If he doesn't deserve snark, no one ever has or will again.

Plus, it's fun.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 07:47:29 am »

You poor deluded bastard.  I knew you would bring up the "Canadian Bacon" and "English Muffin."  That farm fresh egg is from Dubuque f***ing Iowa, and that is GDamn AMERICAN cheese.  President McMuffin would have been the most delicious President and the most economical, available 24 hours on the value menu.  Popular, effective packaging, tasty, and satisfying...what more could you ask for in a President?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 01:06:37 pm »

I know in Texas they have these large radar balloons on the border that...like the ones we used in Afghanistan...have night vision cameras and daylight cameras that can see for several miles in the direction they are aimed...with very good detail too.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:07:01 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 02:05:20 pm »
I wonder what a transparent aluminum wall would cost!

ALON®
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 02:31:10 pm »

You poor deluded bastard.  I knew you would bring up the "Canadian Bacon" and "English Muffin."  That farm fresh egg is from Dubuque f***ing Iowa, and that is GDamn AMERICAN cheese.  President McMuffin would have been the most delicious President and the most economical, available 24 hours on the value menu.  Popular, effective packaging, tasty, and satisfying...what more could you ask for in a President?

Since you put it that way.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 02:39:55 pm »
@anubias
@Emjay

SHAPIRO: I Will Never Vote For Donald Trump. Here's Why.

@CatherineofAragon someone that publicly and sincerely declares they will "never vote for Donald Trump" is ................ wait for it ............ A NeverTrumper.  Dud.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:50 pm »
SHAPIRO: I Will Never Vote For Donald Trump. Here's Why.

@CatherineofAragon someone that publicly and sincerely declares they will "never vote for Donald Trump" is ................ wait for it ............ A NeverTrumper.  Dud.

Spoken like a true Trump apologist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!