Author Topic: DHS tells 21 states that hackers targeted their elections in 2016  (Read 469 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS tells 21 states that hackers targeted their elections in 2016
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »
DHS tells 21 states that hackers targeted their elections in 2016
by Diana Stancy Correll | Sep 22, 2017, 5:19 PM | Updated Sep 22, 2017, 5:31 PM

The Department of Homeland Security notified 21 states that it found evidence of Russian attempts to hack their elections systems, according to top state officials.

In a statement, Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator Michael Haas said that Wisconsin was one of 21 states that notified Friday about the Russian targeting, but DHS did not disclose which other states had been targeted.

The statement from WEC said that "Russian government cyber actors" unsuccessfully attempted to hack Wisconsin's voter registration system in 2016.

The DHS revealed Internet-facing election infrastructure in Wisconsin was targeted by Russian government cyber actors who scanned Internet-connected election infrastructure, likely trying to obtain voter registration databases.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dhs-tells-21-states-that-hackers-targeted-their-elections-in-2016/article/2635327
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: DHS tells 21 states that hackers targeted their elections in 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »
How convenient... If these voting systems were online - they were likely attacked from every corner of the world... As is anything connected to the Internet... Duh...

So from what other countries did attacks originate from??? I think this is selective reporting to inflate a narrative...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:59:54 pm »
We heard this before and the State said no.

Also it's pretty hard for Russia to hack a voting booth that isn't connected to the internet.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:00:46 pm »
How convenient... If these voting systems were online - they were likely attacked from every corner of the world... As is anything connected to the Internet... Duh...

So from what other countries did attacks originate from??? I think this is selective reporting to inflate a narrative...

When it's 8am in China the attacks typically increase.  Same with Brazil and eastern europe.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.