Author Topic: Israeli Strikes Hit 'Hizbullah Weapons' Depot by Damascus Airport, Monitor Says  (Read 846 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israeli Strikes Hit 'Hizbullah Weapons' Depot by Damascus Airport, Monitor Says
إقرأ هذا الخبر بالعربية
by Naharnet Newsdesk 12 hours ago

Israeli strikes hit a weapons depot by Damascus airport overnight, targeting a warehouse reportedly belonging to Hizbullah, which is allied with the Syrian government, a monitor said Friday.

"Israeli warplanes targeted with rocket fire a weapons depot belonging to Hizbullah near the airport," said Rami Abdel Rahman, director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

There was no immediate official confirmation from either Damascus or Israel, but the Jewish state has been accused of carrying out multiple strikes in Syria, including earlier this month.

Continued at: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/235738-israeli-strikes-hit-hizbullah-weapons-depot-by-damascus-airport-monitor-says

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Adding a little SPICE to Hezbollah's life.  They can launch the standoff glide bombs right at the border and Syria can't touch them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Mom MD

Couldnt happen to a nicer little nest of vipers
At least Israel still has the spine to do something about its problems before they get bigger.
If Kim just threatened Israel he would be dealt with.  The US? not so much unless you count a couple of twitter threats as being dealt with
God is still in control

Online Right_in_Virginia

Couldnt happen to a nicer little nest of vipers
At least Israel still has the spine to do something about its problems before they get bigger.
If Kim just threatened Israel he would be dealt with.  The US? not so much unless you count a couple of twitter threats as being dealt with

@Mom MD

Israel can destroy Hezbollah's weapons because neither the US, China nor Russia care.  .

Israel's actions:  a local disturbance.  The US taking military action at this point:  risk of global/nuclear war.

Big difference.

Offline Mom MD

@Mom MD

Israel can destroy Hezbollah's weapons because neither the US, China nor Russia care.  .

Israel's actions:  a local disturbance.  The US taking military action at this point:  risk of global/nuclear war.

Big difference.

Israel found a way to delay Iran's nuc program with stuxnet when Russia and others cared very much.  They dont talk, they act.  Something this administration would do well to learn.  There are ways of dealing with threats short of open war in many cases.   
God is still in control

Online Right_in_Virginia

Israel found a way to delay Iran's nuc program with stuxnet when Russia and others cared very much.  They dont talk, they act.  Something this administration would do well to learn.  There are ways of dealing with threats short of open war in many cases.   

Israel has not delayed Iran's nuclear program .... did you miss Bib's speech at the UN?  Did you miss the President's?

Israel is a regional problem .... and China and Russia are still able to look the other way when Israel bomb's Hezbollah's weapons ....because they don't care about Hezbollah.

North Korea is a different global story.  The President's working miracles with China ... and Russia has so far been silent and both nations are voting with--not against--the Security Council

If military action is your preference, relax, we're moving in the right direction to destroy NK's military threat without triggering a global war.

@Mom MD

Offline Mom MD

Israel has not delayed Iran's nuclear program .... did you miss Bib's speech at the UN?  Did you miss the President's?

Israel is a regional problem .... and China and Russia are still able to look the other way when Israel bomb's Hezbollah's weapons ....because they don't care about Hezbollah.

North Korea is a different global story.  The President's working miracles with China ... and Russia has so far been silent and both nations are voting with--not against--the Security Council

If military action is your preference, relax, we're moving in the right direction to destroy NK's military threat without triggering a global war.

@Mom MD

Military action is not my preference but may become necessary. If you think we are moving in any direction against N Korea you are dreaming. We have done not one thing to slow them down. I am well aware of the complexity of the situation.  However I prefer a leader who acts when the time comes (whether militarily or otherwise) not one who trade cheap insults while doing nothing.  I understand you feel compelled to defend Trump no matter what he does. I feel no such compunction.
God is still in control

Online Right_in_Virginia

Military action is not my preference but may become necessary. If you think we are moving in any direction against N Korea you are dreaming. We have done not one thing to slow them down. I am well aware of the complexity of the situation.  However I prefer a leader who acts when the time comes (whether militarily or otherwise) not one who trade cheap insults while doing nothing.  I understand you feel compelled to defend Trump no matter what he does. I feel no such compunction.

@Mom MD ... I did not say we were slowing them down.  I said we are moving in the right direction to act militarily without triggering a global war.  Unlike when Israel takes action against Hezbollah and Hamas, the world tends to care when we go into another country with MOABs and Bunker-busters.  And they tend not to like it--especially China and Russia.  At least one of them needs to be fully onboard before we fire up the jets.  My money's on China.

Oh ... and  as to the BS snark at the end of you post, I remember recently you taking great offense when posters on TOS ridiculed you off a thread with their NT and "pearl clutching" comments.  So, please, don't bring that crap here.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:11:53 am by Right_in_Virginia »