Author Topic: It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football  (Read 701 times)

rangerrebew

It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football

Posted By David Hookstead On 8:14 AM 09/22/2017 In | No Comments

The San Francisco 49ers Thursday night game against the Los Angeles Rams kicked off in front of a nearly empty stadium.

Los Angeles Times reporter Lindsey Thiry tweeted a photo at the time of kickoff, which showed thousands of open seats. In fact, most sections in the photo have more empty seats than fans.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/its-shocking-how-empty-the-stadium-was-for-thursday-night-football/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:54:28 pm »
The Daily Caller, Sep 22, 2017, David Hookstead

The San Francisco 49ers Thursday night game against the Los Angeles Rams kicked off in front of a nearly empty stadium.

Los Angeles Times reporter Lindsey Thiry tweeted a photo at the time of kickoff, which showed thousands of open seats. In fact, most sections in the photo have more empty seats than fans.

ESPN’s Darren Rovell reported that 63,500 tickets had been sold for the game, but of course, simply selling a ticket doesn’t mean the buyer will actually show up to the game.

It’s hard to believe there are more than 30,000 people in the stadium, judging from the photos.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/its-shocking-how-empty-the-stadium-was-for-thursday-night-football/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: It’s Shocking How Empty The Stadium Was For Thursday Night Football
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 05:54:49 pm »
Photos can be found at the link.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 06:09:22 pm »
awww too bad

Screw the NFL and ESPN
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 06:19:56 pm »
Yep.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 06:27:59 pm »
I heard tickets were going for $15, the cost of two stadium pretzels. Fans are making it clear, NFL: you are off the beam.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 06:34:20 pm »
May have been half empty, but heard they sold most of the tickets. Once it starts hitting the owners pocketbooks, maybe, just maybe they will start caring. Stop paying, besides not watching.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:34:42 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 08:34:52 pm »
Of course anyone is welcome to do whatever they want, but I am definitely off the NFL, at least for now.

Football has become more about Politics and Race, much more than it is fun and entertaining. Who needs it? It's been a dying sport anyway for a couple of years. These latest temper tantrums on-field will just speed it up.

ESPN has turned into ESP-CNN. And the on-field behavior is more upsetting than it is comfortable. Let them have it. They can 'protest' all they want. I won't be watching.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.