Author Topic: Future plastics could be made out of sugar and carbon dioxide, making them harmless to the environment  (Read 442 times)

rangerrebew

Future plastics could be made out of sugar and carbon dioxide, making them harmless to the environment

Thursday, September 21, 2017 by: Tim Wesley   

(Natural News) The future looks brighter as researchers have discovered a way to create plastic that’s not harmful to nature. Scientists from the Centre of Sustainable Chemical Technologies (CSCT) at the University of Bath has successfully created a plastic material that doesn’t use highly toxic substances that could pose problems not only to the environment but also to our health. This biodegradable plastic will be made from sugar and carbon dioxide instead of crude oil and bisphenol-A (BPA) — a material banned from use in baby bottles — and phosgene, a highly toxic chemical that was even used as a weapon in World War I.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-09-21-future-plastics-could-be-made-out-of-sugar-and-carbon-dioxide-making-them-harmless-to-the-environment.html

Online andy58-in-nh

But... but.... sugar is fattening and CO2 is a dangerous "greenhouse gas"!!!  :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
So if I leave them on the floor my dogs will chew them up to satisfy their "sweet tooth"?