Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'  (Read 6006 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 07:39:58 pm »
Exactly, In the 90's, I read some of Limbaugh's books, and later, some of Hannity's.
They are not saying the same things now, that they did then.
It is a fact.

Yep.

Sold their souls for a populist liberal.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 07:42:36 pm »
I was also a daily listener since 1988 when he went national and I was a subscriber to the Limbaugh Letter and then his online 24/7 service.  Rush abandoned everything he preached for those decades to pump Trump or he never believed in that stuff in the first place and said whatever it was he thought we wanted to hear.  I'm going with the former.   As it was, Limbaugh voted party no matter who it was they lofted up there.

As such - he abandoned me as an audience member and the principles I wrongly assumed he stood for. 

I stop listening to anyone preaching principles once it becomes clear they do not live by them and they offer excuses to justify their abandonment of sound doctrine.

Hannity I never liked.  He was somewhat watchable when he was paired against Alan Colmes, but his radio show and when he went solo on TV was just a bunch of repetitive "let me tell you something" mantras.  I do not forget the day he said that those of us who do not accept Amnesty, are irrelevant in the future of politics in this country.

Levin was the last person I gave my ear to and I finally turned him off when he too urged Conservatives to swallow their principles to vote Trump in order to "stop Hillary".  I am done practicing insanity, and since nearly every talk radio blowhard out there is all talk and not walk when it comes to Conservative principles, I'll stand on them by myself if I have to.

I will not ever listen to, nor regard anyone justifying pragmatism over principles.

In my ear, that is the exact same thing as when these words were spoken: "You shall not surely die.  Because the day you eat of it you shall become as God knowing good and evil".

And don't you appreciate all the time you now have to do important things??

I celebrate the freedom I have now that I have NO inclination to listen to liberals Rush and Sean.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »
And don't you appreciate all the time you now have to do important things??

I celebrate the freedom I have now that I have NO inclination to listen to liberals Rush and Sean.....

Oh yes.  Not only that - it is a breath of fresh air to simply read my news and not rely on having the news explained to me through their prisms anymore.

I've spent almost 30 years in the talk radio classroom - I do not need to have them lecture me on what I am supposed to know and how to look at events as they happen.

I can figure all that out for myself.  I do not need to be held by the hand and told what to think.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:47 pm »
Oh yes.  Not only that - it is a breath of fresh air to simply read my news and not rely on having the news explained to me through their prisms anymore.

I've spent almost 30 years in the talk radio classroom - I do not need to have them lecture me on what I am supposed to know and how to look at events as they happen.

I can figure all that out for myself.  I do not need to be held by the hand and told what to think.

Amen to that!

debrawiest

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:59 pm »
I will always appreciate Rush's efforts on raising money for blood cancer research. I also have enjoyed his children's books. However, I no longer listen to him. I never listen to Cheerleader Hannity. Occasionally enjoy Levin.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 08:03:34 pm »

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 08:10:26 pm »
Excuses, outright lies, and prevarications from assorted so called conservative talkers.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 08:19:03 pm »
Oh, you just like him because he' another Trump Kool-Aid drinker like yourself. 

Rush is just an entertainer.  I believe he said so himself once.  He's nothing special. 

Yes, I used to listen to him, Hannity and the rest of the talkers, but eventually, I realized none of them knew what the H they wee talking about.  And their biases were having a negative influence on me.  Plus, I think 99.99% of them are whores.  They will take the positions of whoever or whatever will give them the most monetary profitability.  Right now, for him and many of the other talkers, it's Trump.  If Trump goes down with the pending scandals or finally does something that eventually disappoints them. they will move on to the next big thing.  None of them have conservative principles -- or any other principles, for that matter.

Well if Trump does indeed go down Trump might take Rush and Hannity down with him.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 09:03:20 pm »

Well if Trump does indeed go down Trump might take Rush and Hannity down with him.

IMO, he already has.

Or rather their man-crushes on Trump have.

They've lost their serious listeners.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »
Amen to that!

That would be great but the media is so biased now and unabashedly anti-Trump that I don't know where to go to get real news.

But I'll always have a soft spot for Rush.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 09:31:56 pm »
IMO, he already has.

Or rather their man-crushes on Trump have.

They've lost their serious listeners.

That's kind of funny.  If Trump goes down?  Where do you all think Trump will go down to?  What are you hoping?  That Trump doesn't get any of his good initiatives pass?

That Trump is totally scorned (that's already happened).

That he is impeached?  Then what.

I'm not a Trump lover but I see no point in being a Trump hater right now.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 10:49:46 pm »
Rush has stated many times that new congresscritters say the right things to get elected and intend to do the right thing when they get to Washington.  When they get there, the seduction is too strong.  They want to fit in, they want to get invited to all the right parties, so what they believed in goes out the window.

In Trump, Limbaugh found his ticket to get into all the right parties.  He's played golf with Trump and also been his guest at the White House.  Rush is just as guilty of changing his stripes to fit in as the congressmen he has accused on many occasions.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 10:59:12 pm »
That's kind of funny.  If Trump goes down?  Where do you all think Trump will go down to?  What are you hoping?  That Trump doesn't get any of his good initiatives pass?

That Trump is totally scorned (that's already happened).

That he is impeached?  Then what.

I'm not a Trump lover but I see no point in being a Trump hater right now.

What in heck are you even talking about??

I said that RUSH has already gone down because he betrayed his conservatism with his man-crush on Trump.

I'm not a Trump "hater" (your personal slam, notwithstanding).  I don't want him to be impeached (remember, I'm a conservative, NOT a liberal........ which is why I don't respect Trump).   And if he has good initiatives that are conservative I want them passed.

Your overreaction to my post and desire to fight over what I did NOT say are nearly amusing.

But not quite.....   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 11:00:03 pm »
Rush has stated many times that new congresscritters say the right things to get elected and intend to do the right thing when they get to Washington.  When they get there, the seduction is too strong.  They want to fit in, they want to get invited to all the right parties, so what they believed in goes out the window.

In Trump, Limbaugh found his ticket to get into all the right parties.  He's played golf with Trump and also been his guest at the White House.  Rush is just as guilty of changing his stripes to fit in as the congressmen he has accused on many occasions.

Nailed it.  He is what he claims he despised in others.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 11:17:14 pm »
"They're 'Never Trumpers' and I'm not," Limbaugh said on Thursday in D.C. "And I haven't changed, folks, I believe the same things I believed 30 years ago. Events change, you have opinions about that. But the core hasn't changed. I never say something I don't believe just to make people mad. I never say something I don't believe just to tick people off or create a rush. I haven't changed. And I think that's part of the success."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rush-limbaugh-havent-changed-conference-speech/2017/09/22/id/815122/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 11:26:21 pm »

I said that RUSH has already gone down because he betrayed his conservatism with his man-crush on Trump.

I'm not a Trump "hater" (your personal slam, notwithstanding).  I don't want him to be impeached (remember, I'm a conservative, NOT a liberal........ which is why I don't respect Trump).   And if he has good initiatives that are conservative I want them passed.

Your overreaction to my post and desire to fight over what I did NOT say are nearly amusing.

I didn't even post to you, or if I did it was a mistake.  Women cannot be argued with because they take it personally (except me)

Good Lord.  Are you nuts??

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 11:27:36 pm »

Okay, I looked back.  I meant to post to Kevin Davis but your over-reaction is a little creepy.

Offline DB

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 11:59:50 pm »
Rush's loyalty to a friend verses the country was tested. The friend won.

The same thing happened with Palin and McCain followed by Trump.

Now they have to live with the consequences.

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 12:28:56 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 12:38:31 am »
Rush Limbaugh’s show has been the number one commercial talk show since at least 1987 when record keeping began.

Rush’s listenership is way up in recent months from 25 million to 28 million weekly. Hardly what I’d call “losing listeners.”

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2017, 12:58:03 am »
Rush is a national treasure, the Doctor of Democracy; one of the largest boons to modern day conservatism; probably directly after that of the Gipper. God Bless Him!
Rush is an entertainer, he has sad this repeatedly, and Rush is first and foremost interested in one thing only

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2017, 01:02:09 am »
I have to say, I don't understand the concept of undying loyalty/never criticizing somebody who has a radio show.  I mean...why?  It's the same as the hardcore Trump fans who refuse to utter a word against him. 

These people are perfect strangers.  We listen to them because they echo our own beliefs, and when they stop doing so, they aren't useful anymore so we move on.  Or so you would think. 

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2017, 01:08:47 am »
That would be great but the media is so biased now and unabashedly anti-Trump that I don't know where to go to get real news.

But I'll always have a soft spot for Rush.

I've found that all you really need to determine what is and isn't "fake news" is your own common sense. You need to spend sometime reading the same news story from multiple sources as well as read several opinion boards like this one to keep your mind open and weigh all viewpoints.

I'm not a Trump supporter obviously but I can still detect bias in news stories and get to the real meat on my own. Many times too much of a big deal is made out of nothing but many times after research I find that there are some big deals that really need more scrutiny. That is the beauty of the internet. There is a lot of junk out there and you have to work a bit at it but it opens up an entire world of opinion and facts for you to give you the tools you need to use  your own judgement and common sense.

It was like an epiphany for me in 2016 when I realized that I didn't have any need for someone to affirm what I already knew. People like Mark Levin, Rush and others were useful tools years back for me. They helped point me to where I could find information. It was because of listening to Levin's show that I went on to take some Constitution courses online and read more about my country's history and its Constitution. But in the end I realized that these were not people to be idolized. They are just human beings and they are in the entertainment industry.  At some point they will all disappoint. They are there to make themselves wealthy and increase their listeners. It was time for the birdie to leave the nest so to speak and fly on my own. We move on as we progress in experience and knowledge confident that we have the tools we need to form our own opinions and core values so we don't blow one way or another in the wind controlled by some flawed human being interested more in ratings than their own core values. It became very obvious to me that what they espoused as their values were not who they really were and could be bought and sold.

Emjay, you are a mature educated woman who has lived life long enough to know yourself. You don't need anything else. Trust your gut and you will be able to see through all of the BS. It's one of the joys of getting older:)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 01:10:58 am »
When you sell your soul you reap the consequences Rush!
When did you discover the principles our forefathers fought and died for, were a punch line for "conservative pundits?"  25 years I listened to Rush.  If I met him face to face I would choke him until he said "wait a sec...I'm just an entertainer."  F*ck you Rush.  I may consider forgiving you in 25 years.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:08 am »
Rush Limbaugh’s show has been the number one commercial talk show since at least 1987 when record keeping began.

Rush’s listenership is way up in recent months from 25 million to 28 million weekly. Hardly what I’d call “losing listeners.”

Well good for Rush! I don't begrudge him earning a living. I just am realistic about what he is and is not.

I am not surprised that his ratings are up. Who do you think these people may be? I'd be willing to bet they are mostly Trump supporters. Conservatives and Independents who do not support Trump have left a long time ago. When Trump goes down and his presidency is over those listeners will be gone too and those of us who left aren't going to be coming back. IMO Rush has yet to experience the consequences of what he has done. Heck he probably knows it but by that time he won't care. He'll just retire a very rich man.