Author Topic: RUSSIA: U.S. WAR WITH NORTH KOREA 'IS NOT AN OPTION'  (Read 739 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
RUSSIA: U.S. WAR WITH NORTH KOREA 'IS NOT AN OPTION'
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »
One of Russia's highest-ranking diplomats warned Thursday that a U.S. attack on North Korea would have serious repercussions across the globe and stressed his country's opposition to such a move. He wasn't alone.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov and officials from multiple countries around the world are rejecting President Donald Trump's promise Wednesday to "totally destroy" North Korea. Trump's fiery U.N. speech came after months of mounting tensions between his administration and an increasingly bellicose, nuclear-capable North Korea, led by Kim Jong Un. While Russia has also criticized Kim's nuclear ambitions and routine ballistic missile tests, Gatilov emphasized that Moscow would not stand for a direct U.S. assault on North Korea—something Trump's administration has repeatedly touted as a possibility.

"This is their long-running thesis that all options remain on the table, including military ones. But we believe this will have dire consequences both for North and South Korea, and the region in general, and for all international relations in general. This is not an option," Gatilov told the state-run Tass Russian News Agency, adding that he believed Washington should be savvy enough to know not to launch such a bold move.

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-us-war-north-korea-not-option-669127?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:40:17 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: RUSSIA: U.S. WAR WITH NORTH KOREA 'IS NOT AN OPTION'
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 03:29:45 pm »
And when Little Kim starts threatening Mother Russia?

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 05:19:22 pm »
I'll take that with a grain of salt. 

Offline kidd

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 05:39:08 pm »
North Korea has the H-bomb and has threatened to launch a missile at Guam.

There is no more road to kick the can down.
This issue needs to be dealt with in a meaningful way NOW.

It is my understanding that Trump's UN speech was a call for REAL action.
Trump made it clear that a war between the US and North Korea would be the result of INACTION by the UN.

If Russia believes that a war between the US and North Korea "is not an option", then Russia (one of two nations that have a high degree of influence on North Korea) is especially responsible for avoiding war.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 05:44:56 pm »
"This is their long-running thesis that all options remain on the table, including military ones. But we believe this will have dire consequences both for North and South Korea, and the region in general, and for all international relations in general. This is not an option," Gatilov told the state-run Tass Russian News Agency, adding that he believed Washington should be savvy enough to know not to launch such a bold move.

If that's what he believes, then support the U.S. in helping get rid of the sack of shit.   No one wants war, but better Pyongyang go up in a puff of smoke than Long Beach.  The U.S. doesn't cotton to existential threats.  Neither would Russia.  Join us or STFU.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 05:56:48 pm »
In this third generation of Kim, everyone seems to forget Russia (then the Soviet Union) installed Kim Il Sung, provided armaments, and gave him the green light to invade the south.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 06:13:45 pm »
This stand by Putin (substitute the word ‘Russia’) sorta puts the lie to the ridiculous story of Trump’s “collusion” with Russia; a hail mary pass by the democrats in their pathetic attempt to taint Trump’s victory at the election box.

Since that play failed I guess they’re now moving on to the Trump is crazier than Un narrative. It’s sometimes hard to distinguish between what Kim is saying – Trump is insane, unhinged – and what NeverTrump has been saying since they lost the election. Funny, huh?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 08:26:45 pm »
The US under current leadership does not negotiate with terrorists.

You can be sure that behind the scenes North Korea is seeking monetary benefit to drop their threats on atomic bombing neighbors and the US.  We are not paying them, and are taking steps to discourage payment by NK's allies.

Past leadership paid that ransom when belligerency was made by NK which assisted in furthering their nuclear development.

We are paying the fruits of past appeasement.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 08:48:46 pm »
In this third generation of Kim, everyone seems to forget Russia (then the Soviet Union) installed Kim Il Sung, provided armaments, and gave him the green light to invade the south.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 03:15:34 am »
While the Air force was shooting down Russians in Mig Alley, My father was shooting Chinese on the ground. Both nations share responsibility for the Kims.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 03:38:24 am »
This stand by Putin (substitute the word ‘Russia’) sorta puts the lie to the ridiculous story of Trump’s “collusion” with Russia; a hail mary pass by the democrats in their pathetic attempt to taint Trump’s victory at the election box.

Since that play failed I guess they’re now moving on to the Trump is crazier than Un narrative. It’s sometimes hard to distinguish between what Kim is saying – Trump is insane, unhinged – and what NeverTrump has been saying since they lost the election. Funny, huh?

Give me a break.  This is what I mean by Trump worship.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 08:12:53 am »

Give people credit. Some were saying that well before the General Election. :tongue2: *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 08:32:24 am »
Funny, if NK was threatening Russia with nukes I very much doubt Putin would ignore it or even ask for permission to do something about it.