Author Topic: Now the Rocket Man is 'deplorable'! Trump jokes with South Korean president after he uses Hillary Clinton's infamous insult against North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un  (Read 363 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Now the Rocket Man is 'deplorable'! Trump jokes with South Korean president after he uses Hillary Clinton's infamous insult against North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un
Daily Mail/UK, Sep 21, 2017

Donald Trump found a light moment in the midst of Thursday's stern news that the United States will be using harsh new sanctions as a weapon against North Korea.

During a meeting in New York City, South Korean President Moon Jae-In blasted his communist neighbors for its tests of nuclear warheads and ballistic missiles.

'North Korea has continued to make provocations, and this is extremely deplorable,' Moon said. 'And this has angered both me and our people. But the United States has responded firmly and in a very good way.'

Trump seized on the word 'Deplorable,' a zinger that former election foe Hillary Clinton unsuccessfully tried to brand his supporters with last year.

'I'm very happy that you used the word 'deplorable,' he said when Moon was finished talking. 'I was very interested in that word.'

'I didn't tell him -- I promise I did not tell him to use that word!' Trump added, chuckling.

'That's been a very lucky word for me and many millions of people,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4907712/Trump-jokes-S-Korean-leader-deplorable-North.html#ixzz4tP58z1wc

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The video at the link shows a very funny, unscripted moment.   :laugh: