Author Topic: Cliff Kincaid: Let's be honest: Trump's U.N. speech was a disaster  (Read 331 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cliff Kincaid: Let's be honest: Trump's U.N. speech was a disaster
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:15:58 am »
September 21, 2017
Let's be honest: Trump's U.N. speech was a disaster
By Cliff Kincaid

President Trump in his U.N. speech failed to mention that Russia and China are responsible for North Korea's nuclear weapons program. What's worse, Trump actually thanked Russia and China for helping to somehow restrain North Korea through the ineffective United Nations.

The "America First" president said, "The United Nations Security Council recently held two unanimous 15-0 votes adopting hard-hitting resolutions against North Korea, and I want to thank China and Russia for joining the vote to impose sanctions, along with all of the other members of the Security Council. Thank you to all involved."

Trump should have denounced China and Russia for making a nuclear North Korea possible. Then, he should have announced a U.S. withdrawal from "The House That Hiss Built."

Continued at: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kincaid/170921

Read Kincaid's reasoning, not just an open attack on Trump. I'm not sure I buy what he says. Bold statements.  He may be right but I don't see it that way. That China and Russia are responsible for North Korea's nuclear development.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:16:15 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Cliff Kincaid: Let's be honest: Trump's U.N. speech was a disaster
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:18:32 am »
A few folks blame Pakistan on the NK nuclear development too. They do seem to have helped some along with Iran. It's hard to read the smoke signals and really know what is happening.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 03:04:40 am »
A few folks blame Pakistan on the NK nuclear development too. They do seem to have helped some along with Iran. It's hard to read the smoke signals and really know what is happening.
It could have been all of the above. Like you said, the smoke signals aren't exactly legible.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:15:43 am »

Cliff Kincaid
Cliff Kincaid is a veteran journalist and media critic.

Awesome to know what Cliff's take on this is. I wonder what the guy I hired to auger out a blocked shit pipe at one of my rentals last week thinks about this? If I knew, it would hold about as much relevance to the course of my life too.