Author Topic: North Korean leader responds to Trump: ‘I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire’ - Washington Post  (Read 1028 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
North Korean leader responds to Trump: ‘I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire’

By David Nakamura and Anne Gearan September 21 at 6:39 PM

BREAKING: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un reacted angrily to President Trump's speech at the United Nations General Assembly, calling it "unprecedented rude nonsense." The North Korean leader said he will make the U.S. president "pay dearly for his speech calling for totally destroying" North Korea.

"I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue," Kim said in a statement released by the state Korean Central News Agency, which also published a photo of the North Korean leader sitting at his desk. "I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire."

NEW YORK — President Trump on Thursday announced new financial sanctions targeting North Korea as his administration seeks to build international support for more aggressively confronting the rogue nation, whose escalating nuclear and ballistic missile capabilities have reached what U.S. officials consider a crisis point.

Continued: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/09/21/trump-says-the-u-s-will-impose-new-sanctions-on-north-korea/?utm_term=.f45a6c0e4690

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
do·tard
/ˈdōdərd/
noun

1.  an old person, especially one who has become weak or senile.

Wow - I can't believe I'm getting vocabulary lessons from the Norks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:49:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline edpc

If they want to keep it to a war of words, we know who would win and there's no collateral damage.

Offline edpc

Offline edpc

Pfffftttt.....the biggest troublemakers of the 20th Century can STFU.

Offline RoosGirl

Rocket man is cruzin for a bruzin.

Oh great, now it's going to be Bash of the Cruzervilles again.

Offline Suppressed

do·tard
/ˈdōdərd/
noun

1.  an old person, especially one who has become weak or senile.

Wow - I can't believe I'm getting vocabulary lessons from the Norks.

It's pretty bad when we have a doofus who loses an insult battle in round one.  Rocket man... really??  "Dotard" pretty much nailed him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

Trump overheard responding, "Rocket man can't even spell 'retard' right."

Offline Concerned

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Mom MD

If they want to keep it to a war of words, we know who would win and there's no collateral damage.

Unfortunately the entire time people are caught up in the war of words, the crazy dictator is enlarging his arsenal of things that make big booms.  Someday he will tire of trading insults and start trading firepower.  We can't afford to take our eyes off the ball and be distracted by insult wars, no matter how amusing....
God is still in control

Offline Victoria33

@roamer_1

I said Trump and his mouth would start a war.  When he insults Kim Jong Un by calling him a degrading name, and then says he will completely destroy North Korea, the psychological impulse in Kim Jong Un is to strike the US before the US destroys his country.  He now has a reason to strike - tell his people Trump will kill them all so they must strike first.

Some of you seem to think this is a game - it is not a game, it is your life.  Roamer, I think you also know this is "dead" serious.

Online roamer_1

I said Trump and his mouth would start a war.

Yes, indeed you did - And he will.

Some of you seem to think this is a game - it is not a game, it is your life.  Roamer, I think you also know this is "dead" serious.

That's right.

Offline endicom

A US president finally stands up to the Nork lunatic and it's the president that gets ridiculed? Amazing.

Offline RoosGirl

@roamer_1

I said Trump and his mouth would start a war.  When he insults Kim Jong Un by calling him a degrading name, and then says he will completely destroy North Korea, the psychological impulse in Kim Jong Un is to strike the US before the US destroys his country.  He now has a reason to strike - tell his people Trump will kill them all so they must strike first.

Right, well, there's not a damn thing we can do about the situation so I think I'll go ahead and laugh about it while I can.

Offline RoosGirl

A US president finally stands up to the Nork lunatic and it's the president that gets ridiculed? Amazing.

Yeah, the *way* he did it deserves ridicule.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn