Author Topic: DeVos travels the country on her private jet and foots the bill  (Read 579 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeVos travels the country on her private jet and foots the bill
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »

DeVos travels the country on her private jet and foots the bill

By CAITLIN EMMA

09/21/2017 01:06 PM EDT

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos flies on her private jet for official business and pays all her own travel expenses as well as the travel costs of the federal marshals who accompany her, the Education Department confirmed to POLITICO on Thursday.

"Secretary DeVos travels on personally-owned aircraft, accompanied by her security detail and whenever possible, additional support staff, at zero cost to U.S. taxpayers," said spokeswoman Liz Hill in an email.

"The secretary neither seeks, nor accepts, any reimbursement for her flights, nor for any additional official travel-related expenses, such as lodging and per diem, even though she is entitled to such reimbursement under government travel regulations," Hill said.

DeVos is also planning to donate her government salary to charity.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/21/betsy-devos-pays-for-her-own-travel-242977?lo=ap_b1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: DeVos travels the country on her private jet and foots the bill
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 10:36:11 pm »
I'm sure they have other companies but to think the DeVos family started off with Amway and that must still be the heart of their business empire.  A lot of us have probably had people trying to get us into Amway or similar types of organizations.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:17:52 am »
I'm sure they have other companies but to think the DeVos family started off with Amway and that must still be the heart of their business empire.  A lot of us have probably had people trying to get us into Amway or similar types of organizations.
I remember getting a call from someone I only knew slightly in High School through a friend, he and his wife tried to pull us into Amway. I told him

And I haven't heard from him again in close to forty years

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:32:35 am »
Secretary DeVos Flies Everywhere On Her Own Jet — And Her Own Dime
Daily Caller, Sep 21, 2017, Thomas Phippen

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos flies around the country on a private jet, but unlike other cabinet secretaries criticized for misusing government funds, DeVos pays for the flights herself.

In fact, DeVos travels on a on “personally-owned aircraft,” spokeswoman Elizabeth Hill told the Associated Press Thursday.

“The secretary neither seeks, nor accepts, any reimbursement for her flights, nor for any additional official travel-related expenses, such as lodging and per diem, even though she is entitled to such reimbursement under government travel regulations,” Hill said.

“Secretary DeVos accepted her position to serve the public and is fully committed to being a faithful steward of taxpayer dollars.”

More:  http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/21/secretary-devos-flies-everywhere-on-her-own-jet-and-her-own-dime/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37:56 am »
At last!  Someone with her own money in government not  plundering the taxpayer for "expenses."

Offline Mod1

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:52:59 am »
Merged two threads on same subject. Please check before posting! Thanks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 11:56:32 am »
Merged two threads on same subject. Please check before posting! Thanks.

My bad @Mod1 .... did a quick check but missed it.  Will do better  ^-^

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 01:27:56 pm »
Good.. I can see if they travel for Government use, however, for personal use, either fly commercial or private jet if they have one.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/