Author Topic: Dem Rep. John Lewis Wants To 'Take A Bullwhip' To People So They Care About Civil Rights  (Read 997 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
LIAM CLANCY
Media Reporter
1:40 PM 09/21/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/21/rep-john-lewis-wants-to-take-a-bullwhip-to-people-so-they-care-about-civil-rights/

Democratic Rep. John Lewis said Thursday he sometimes feels like “taking a bullwhip” to people in order to make them care about civil rights.

“It doesn’t matter whether they’re black, or white, Latino, Asian-American or Native American. When you see something that’s not right, not fair, not just, you have an obligation to do something, to say something. They’re just too darn quiet. I really wanna use some other words sometimes,” Lewis told the audience of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Town Hall on Civil Rights in Washington, D.C.

“I believe in the philosophy and the discipline of nonviolence, but sometimes I feel like taking a bullwhip and just saying to people, ‘You get your butt up. You go out there and do what you must do,'” the Georgia congressman continued.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Try it mr lewis
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

"Believe as we say or we will whip you!  "
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Is that like "The beating will continue until morale improves" ?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Guess he wants to come full circle and go Bull Connor on anyone who's not a true believer.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Hey Lewis. I believe this country has done too much concerning civil rights.

When we're talking about trannies having their choice of bathrooms, thats safe to say.

So unless you are talking about how we've been over-saturated by the subject, I guess I'll have to admit I'm one of those who do not think civil rights is an important issue today.

Offline GrouchoTex

Meet the new boss............

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Do you notice that blacks very rarely but mostly never acknowledge the sacrifices of Americans that died or were wounded fighting for the North?

A GGG Uncle of mine enlisted to fight, shortly after emigrating from Canada to the US. In his case it was strictly for moral/religious reasons.

He was shot and blinded for life. Samual P. Starrett, Anoka Minnesota.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

Do you notice that blacks very rarely but mostly never acknowledge the sacrifices of Americans that died or were wounded fighting for the North?

A GGG Uncle of mine enlisted to fight, shortly after emigrating from Canada to the US. In his case it was strictly for moral/religious reasons.

He was shot and blinded for life. Samual P. Starrett, Anoka Minnesota.

I expect he would have been really pi$$ed off if Lincoln had kept slavery as he had intended for the first two years of the war. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I expect he would have been really pi$$ed off if Lincoln had kept slavery as he had intended for the first two years of the war.

Any comments about the Northerners that died or were injured in that war, and the lack of expressed gratitude by blacks for those sacrifices?

(I am right here, in the here and now.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What else would you expect from a member of the party of slave masters?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Democratic Rep. John Lewis said Thursday he sometimes feels like “taking a bullwhip” to people in order to make them care about civil rights."

You first, Mr. Lewis.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
What else would you expect from a member of the party of slave masters?

Whose figurehead disgracing the $20 bill (Andrew Jackson) paid a bounty graduated in hundreds of strokes of the whip to folks who captured runaway slaves.

100, 200, or 300 strokes.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Gov Bean Counter

dailycaller
LIAM CLANCY
Media Reporter
1:40 PM 09/21/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/21/rep-john-lewis-wants-to-take-a-bullwhip-to-people-so-they-care-about-civil-rights/

Democratic Rep. John Lewis said Thursday he sometimes feels like “taking a bullwhip” to people in order to make them care about civil rights.

“It doesn’t matter whether they’re black, or white, Latino, Asian-American or Native American. When you see something that’s not right, not fair, not just, you have an obligation to do something, to say something. They’re just too darn quiet. I really wanna use some other words sometimes,” Lewis told the audience of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Town Hall on Civil Rights in Washington, D.C.

“I believe in the philosophy and the discipline of nonviolence, but sometimes I feel like taking a bullwhip and just saying to people, ‘You get your butt up. You go out there and do what you must do,'” the Georgia congressman continued.

Irony lost...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...