Author Topic: Tom Cruise Partially Blamed for Plane Crash That Killed Two People on Set of American Made  (Read 784 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tom Cruise Partially Blamed for Plane Crash That Killed Two People on Set of American Made
People    Jodi Guglielmi

The families of two men who died following a September 2015 plane crash on the set of American Made claim Tom Cruise is partially to blame for the fatal accident.

Three of the pilots hired for the movie were involved in a plane crash during filming when their twin-engine Piper Smith Aerostar 600 went down in the mountains. Alan Purwin and Carlos Berl died on the scene, while Jimmy Lee Garland was left without feeling in the lower half of his body.

According to new court documents provided to PEOPLE by The Blast, the estates of Purwin and Berl claim that Cruise and director Doug Liman’s desire to film a “high-risk, action-packed motion picture” contributed to the circumstances that led to the accident.

Read more at: http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/tom-cruise-partially-blamed-for-plane-crash-that-killed-two-people-on-set-of-american-made/ar-AAsh5TK?OCID=ansmsnnews11

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:37:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Whoever has deep pockets is at fault. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online andy58-in-nh

Tri-uhl law-yuzzz... the buzzards of human tragedy.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess I'm missing the part where a gun was put to the back of these peoples heads forcing them to continue doing something they felt was unsafe.

Offline Frank Cannon

I guess I'm missing the part where a gun was put to the back of these peoples heads forcing them to continue doing something they felt was unsafe.

The gun would have been held to the back of their kneecaps. It is Tom Cruise after all.

Offline DB

Did they agree to do the stunt they were being paid for? And isn't it ultimately up to the person agreeing to do the job to know the limitations of what can be done safely?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I know a couple of car stunt drivers, and they are NOT suicidal. It is planned, studied, risks considered, planned, practiced, calculated over and over.

I rode with one, in drift exhibition, and the precision of his driving was amazing.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The gun would have been held to the back of their kneecaps. It is Tom Cruise after all.
Be fair, it would have been an ass shot.