Author Topic: Rep. Maxine Waters: 'Impeachment Is About Whatever the Congress Says It Is'  (Read 1093 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Maxine Waters: 'Impeachment Is About Whatever the Congress Says It Is'
By CNSNews.com Staff | September 21, 2017 | 11:05 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), who previously has called for the impeachment of Donald Trump, on Thursday told a Congressional Black Caucus Town Hall on Civil Rights that she expects other members of the black community to back her up:

“Don't come here and tell me, ‘Maxine, you keep on doing what you do.’ But when you gonna give me some support?” she asked. “How many of you in your organizations have said, 'Impeach 45' ?”

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/rep-maxine-waters-impeachment-about-whatever-congress-says-it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Rep. Maxine Waters: 'Impeachment Is About Whatever the Congress Says It Is'
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:32:44 pm »
With all the money we toss down a rat hole on 'mental health' (and every Dime of it is a potential Federal Felony) why can't we get Maxine hauled off by the men in the white coats?

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2016/05/govt-mind-control-tops-us-healthcare.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:48:36 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:41:22 pm »
How very apparatchik of you Maxine.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:57:27 am »
Is there anyway that they can impeach Maxine?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:39:45 am »
She swore on the Constitution, yet she wishes to not abide by it.

Seems she is the one who should be removed from office as per the document she swore to protect.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:43:06 am »
She's correct.  Congress can bring impeachment proceedings on whatever grounds it wants.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:55 am »
She's correct.  Congress can bring impeachment proceedings on whatever grounds it wants.

So Congress can determine what exactly high crimes and misdemeanors are?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 02:06:23 am »
So Congress can determine what exactly high crimes and misdemeanors are?

Pretty much.  The definition is pretty vague
God is still in control

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 11:01:13 am »
CNS News, Sep 21, 2017

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), who previously has called for the impeachment of Donald Trump, on Thursday told a Congressional Black Caucus Town Hall on Civil Rights that she expects other members of the black community to back her up:

“Don't come here and tell me, ‘Maxine, you keep on doing what you do.’ But when you gonna give me some support?” she asked. “How many of you in your organizations have said, 'Impeach 45' ?”

Waters urged the crowd not to get hung up on what law to invoke in the impeachment process:

Impeachment is about whatever the Congress says it is. There is no law that dictates impeachment. What the Constitution says is “high crimes and misdemeanors,” and we define that.

Bill Clinton got impeached because he lied. Here you have a president, who I can tell you and guarantee you is in collusion with the Russians to undermine our democracy. Here you have a president who obstructed justice. And here you have a president who lies every day.

Thank God that the special counsel is beginning to connect the dots -- and understand Facebook's role in it and social media's role in it. When is the black community going to say, ‘Impeach him’? It's time to go after him. I don't hear you!

Don't another person come up to me and say, ‘You go, girl. No, you go!

More:  https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 11:05:07 am »
I can't help but wonder if Waters understands the removal of President Trump does not mean Hillary moves into the WH.  :pondering:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
Of course they can bring them, but they are illegitimate and have no substance as per the Constitution unless they meet the requirements of Article II Sec 4.

Otherwise, they are simply rubbish.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 07:41:49 pm »

Yes. She can be investigated by an assembly of her peers.

And the term is "Expelled" by her fellow House members.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:07 pm »

I've been saying that for years, and people look at me like I have two heads.

"It says here, "High crimes and misdemeanors!"
"Who do you think decides what that means?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 08:05:09 pm »

That's pretty much right on, because there is no established definition for "high crimes and misdemeanors" under Federal law, and in any event, the Founders intended impeachment to be a political and not a legal remedy to an out-of-control Executive. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:25 pm »
There is more cause and evidence to impeach her then there is for Trump.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 08:38:58 pm »
There is more cause and evidence to impeach her then there is for Trump.

Except "Impeachment" is not a remedy for a Congressbrat.  "Expulsion" is, and it's hardly been done, never since the Civil War that I know of.  There have been many attempts, but most either failed or the subject resigned/croaked first.  There was one successful expulsion not related to the Secession of the Southern states, that was William Blount in 1797, for Treason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_expelled_or_censured
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 08:44:17 pm »
Except "Impeachment" is not a remedy for a Congressbrat.  "Expulsion" is, and it's hardly been done, never since the Civil War that I know of.  There have been many attempts, but most either failed or the subject resigned/croaked first.  There was one successful expulsion not related to the Secession of the Southern states, that was William Blount in 1797, for Treason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_expelled_or_censured

Yeah I know but i can dream.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 08:57:10 pm »
Yeah I know but i can dream.

Yes, me too.  But I was thinking more along the lines of the sand worm Jabba the Hut used to throw his prisoners down the neck of.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 05:11:44 pm »

She should be impeached for being a liberal harridan!