Author Topic: Korean-American Professor Couple Identify Major Cause of Autism  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Korean-American Professor Couple Identify Major Cause of Autism
« on: September 20, 2017, 05:50:45 pm »
A Korean couple who are both working as professors at prestigious U.S. universities proved the main cause of autism.

The couple found that certain bacteria in the mother’s digestive tract can lead to having an autistic child. Furthermore, they found the exact brain location linked to autistic behaviors, which can be used to find a cure for autism.

Science journal ‘Nature’ published the couple’s two research studies on the 14th. The couple are Harvard Medical School’s professor Huh Jun-ryeol, and MIT’s professor Gloria Choi.

The studies vividly explain the detailed process of a pregnant mouse, which is infected by a virus, having offspring that shows autistic behaviors.

The researchers found out that certain bacteria in the mother’s digestive tract can develop immune cells that directly influence the baby’s brain cells development. When the researchers removed the bacteria with antibiotics, the mouse had a normal baby mouse.

Read more at: http://www.koreadailyus.com/korean-american-professor-couple-identify-major-cause-autism/
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Re: Korean-American Professor Couple Identify Major Cause of Autism
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 07:21:47 pm »
If this pans out, it could be huge. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:29:59 pm »

The more things go along, the more they are finding out health of all types starts in the gut and the bacteria there. This doesn't surprise me as they are key to extracting nutrition from  your food.

I have read couples that have put their autistic kids on high quality nutritional supplements that have greatly minimized symptoms. Which if it is gut bacteria related, they may be giving the child something he/she isn't getting because of that particular bacteria in their digestive tract.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:13:48 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:12:19 pm »
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature23910.html

It's funny that they're the last two on the list of authors.  ^-^

Maternal gut bacteria promote neurodevelopmental abnormalities in mouse offspring
Sangdoo Kim, Hyunju Kim,   Yeong Shin Yim,   Soyoung Ha, Koji Atarashi, Tze Guan Tan, Randy S. Longman,   Kenya Honda, Dan R. Littman, Gloria B. Choi & Jun R. Huh
Nature (2017) doi:10.1038/nature23910
Received 12 December 2016 Accepted 16 August 2017 Published online 13 September 2017

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:16:03 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature23910.html

It's funny that they're the last two on the list of authors.  ^-^

Maternal gut bacteria promote neurodevelopmental abnormalities in mouse offspring
Sangdoo Kim, Hyunju Kim,   Yeong Shin Yim,   Soyoung Ha, Koji Atarashi, Tze Guan Tan, Randy S. Longman,   Kenya Honda, Dan R. Littman, Gloria B. Choi & Jun R. Huh
Nature (2017) doi:10.1038/nature23910
Received 12 December 2016 Accepted 16 August 2017 Published online 13 September 2017

I don't think that necessarily means anything.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »

:0001:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 08:46:51 pm »
Very interesting.  One of my friends has two autistic savant  children.  They eat sweets and starches, no veggies or fruits.  Really deplorable diets.  Unfortunately, her son had a mental break a couple of months ago and is making no progress toward recovery.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 08:48:32 pm »
It'd be really handy to know what kind of bacteria referred to here and how it can be introduced into the human digestive tract. Apparently they've identified it, so speculating on its source should be easy and make this research immediately useful.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
Much of the time children develop normally for several years before symptoms of autism appear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »
I don't think that necessarily means anything.

Yes, "first author", "second author" etc., is a big deal in research.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:44:39 pm »
I'm missing something.  One place it says a bacteria and the other says virus.