Author Topic: This Republican is Opposing the Senate Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood National (Rand Paul)  (Read 1007 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

This Republican is Opposing the Senate Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood
National   Steven Ertelt   Sep 19, 2017   |   11:05AM    Washington, DC

A few Republicans may once again sabotage the Senate bill to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.

As LifeNews reported, members of the US Senate introduced new legislation that would repeal Obamacare and it also defunds the Planned Parenthood abortion business.  The new Graham-Cassidy Healthcare bill has been introduced by pro-life Senators Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy along with other pro-life members of the Senate. Pro-life former presidential candidate Rick Santorum also participated in the process of crafting the legislation.

But Senator Rand Paul is a no vote and Senator John McCain, who voted against the last bill to defund Planned Parenthood, is uncommitted. Two pro-abortion Republicans may hold out as well. McCain voted against the previous version of the reconciliation bill to defund Planned Parenthood and he may do so again — saying he has yet to formulate a position on the bill.

Continued at: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/09/19/this-republican-is-opposing-the-senate-bill-to-defund-planned-parenthood/

Everyone has a right to their opinion and for that opinion to be respected; as for me, a lot of folks toss around "Obamacare Light" and terms like that. This bill, like the last one, would defund Planned Parenthood. Sometimes, one has to make sacrifices; but everyone's view should be respected nonetheless. That one Senator from Maine, Collins I think, has been consistent in her votes even if I disagree with her voting on this issue.