Author Topic: What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke  (Read 787 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:08:08 pm »
Tim Ebner
Eater
September 19, 2017

That news you read about Donald Trump ordering his steak doused in ketchup—that’s fake news. Or at least that’s what David Burke, the New York chef who runs BLT Prime inside the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., says. While the president does in fact prefer his steak well-done, Burke says that ketchup was “probably for a side of French fries,” not his dry-aged New York strip...

Q: Let’s talk about the steak order heard around the world. In February, President Trump came here and ordered his steak well-done and with ketchup. What was your reaction?

Well, first off he doesn't order it with ketchup, and he doesn’t eat it with ketchup. What we make for the president normally is a piece of Dover sole. Or he’ll have a hamburger, or a steak, or a shrimp cocktail. But he usually eats Dover sole. And you know what? I have no problem with a well-done steak...

Full article

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:19:39 pm »
I'm sure the quality of the steaks the WH gets preclude the need to add ketchup or anything to it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:23:51 pm »
Dover sole sounds interesting...I make lemon-butter pan-fried sole...delish
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34