Author Topic: How senators say they'll vote on Graham-Cassidy bill.  (Read 460 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How senators say they'll vote on Graham-Cassidy bill.
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »
Washington (CNN)Republicans are in a down-to-the-wire push to repeal the Affordable Care Act one last time before the clock runs out at the end of the month, and a proposal from GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy appears to be that last effort.

Due to procedural rules under reconciliation, Republicans can currently pass a health care bill with a 51-vote majority, but after September 30 they would need 60 votes, meaning they'd need help from Democrats -- who are adamantly opposed to repealing the health care law known as Obamacare.

So far only one Republican -- Sen. Rand Paul -- has definitively refused to support the Graham-Cassidy bill, and Republicans, who hold a 52-48 majority, can only afford to lose one more of their own in order to pass the bill with a tie-breaking vote from Vice President Mike Pence. If they lose two more Republicans, then there's no path for the bill as written to proceed.

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politics/graham-cassidy-whip-list-health-care-bill/index.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Re: How senators say they'll vote on Graham-Cassidy bill.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:18 pm »
I am so fed up with these people.

I understand Sen Paul's reasoning. The new bill block grants the money, but the coverage restrictions and most of the taxes remain. It's dumb that they leave it up to the HHS Sect. to grant states waivers. It may work in the short run, but when a Rat controls the WH there's a better than even bet the waivers won't be granted.

Whatever happened to the Pub party that claimed to believe in individual liberty and limited govt?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: How senators say they'll vote on Graham-Cassidy bill.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:16:27 pm »
Doesn't say where Cornyn is on this.