Author Topic: Trump would sign Graham-Cassidy repeal bill.  (Read 4666 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump would sign Graham-Cassidy repeal bill.
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 06:11:25 am »
Somehow I doubt he would say the same thing about 20 or 30 percent, which is what we're being offered.

No, it is more like 70+ percent, since it eliminates both the "individual and employer mandates," and eliminates the "essential health benefits."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:08 am »
No, it is more like 70+ percent, since it eliminates both the "individual and employer mandates," and eliminates the "essential health benefits."

It's not repeal. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 09:57:39 am »

Baloney. It removes NO essential authority from the fed, retaining ALL the power. This isn't 70%+... This is nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 11:39:03 am »
It's not repeal.

@Appplewood

And now we're seeing a new version of that pathetic equivalency game that was played during the election...if you don't support this half measure that does nothing...you support Obamacare.

Sad to see so called Conservatives reading along from the pages of Rules for Radicals right along with the Liberals.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 11:43:53 am »
@Appplewood

And now we're seeing a new version of that pathetic equivalency game that was played during the election...if you don't support this half measure that does nothing...you support Obamacare.

Sad to see so called Conservatives reading along from the pages of Rules for Radicals right along with the Liberals.

Yep. Only I would say those who make such accusations are not true conservatives. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 11:46:14 am »
Yep. Only I would say those who make such accusations are not true conservatives.

Very true
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 12:01:40 pm »
This isn't repeal, which the economy and health care system needs. It's a placebo to make the patient think something meaningful is being done.

It's replacing an open-ended entitlement with block grants.   That would be an important conservative victory - and would open up budget room to accomplish meaningful tax reform.   

So many folks are still up in arms because the Congress can't do the impossible - muster a majority for a clean repeal.   But in the real world, that position is a proxy for retaining the ObamaCare entitlement. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 01:02:20 pm »
It's replacing an open-ended entitlement with block grants.   That would be an important conservative victory - and would open up budget room to accomplish meaningful tax reform.   

So many folks are still up in arms because the Congress can't do the impossible - muster a majority for a clean repeal.   But in the real world, that position is a proxy for retaining the ObamaCare entitlement.

It changes nothing in Obamacare that is ruining the health care system now.  It won't change a damn thing about the sorry state of government managed health care people are suffering under today.

Free market is the only logical and sensible option for health care and health insurance.

More government meddling under the guise of better managing the catastrophe is NOT the answer.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:03:04 pm by txradioguy »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »

Anyone who is happy with the current state should be shunned at the very least.  They are causing untold misery, harm, and early death.  Small hospitals are going out of business forcing people in rural areas to travel hours to reach another hospital.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 01:13:11 pm »

Way To Go Trump!

Promises kept.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 01:15:06 pm »
Baloney. It removes NO essential authority from the fed, retaining ALL the power. This isn't 70%+... This is nothing.

:amen:  Just more smoke and mirrors from inside the beltway!  Appear to be doing something while actually doing nothing much at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 01:19:18 pm »
It changes nothing in Obamacare that is ruining the health care system now.  It won't change a damn thing about the sorry state of government managed health care people are suffering under today.

Free market is the only logical and sensible option for health care and health insurance.

More government meddling under the guise of better managing the catastrophe is NOT the answer.

There is no majority for what you favor.  There is, however, both an immediate crisis and the specter of an open-ended entitlement.    I'm for pragmatism in the real world.   I'm for Graham/Cassidy.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 01:22:29 pm »

Way To Go Trump!

Promises kept.

Why do you continue to repeat this lie?

The new CR that Trump signed fully funds Planned Parenthood.

He's done nothing...NOTHING to stop the abortion mills.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 01:24:52 pm »
I applaud Trump, Cotton, Cruz, none of this Rockefeller Republicanism of supporting Planned Parenthood which many will be doing, possibly McCain and Paul.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 01:25:16 pm »
Anyone who is happy with the current state should be shunned at the very least.  They are causing untold misery, harm, and early death.  Small hospitals are going out of business forcing people in rural areas to travel hours to reach another hospital.

People who don't support the latest POS legislation are not happy with the way things are.  Repeal is the only way to slay this beast and this legislation is not repeal.  A real conservative would not support any legislation that in effect keeps basic elements of Obamacare in place.  You can call this legislation, repeal, but calling it repeal does not make it repeal. 

I want the repeal all of these con artists promised us.  Why anyone would settle for less is beyond my comprehension. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 01:25:22 pm »
There is no majority for what you favor.  There is, however, both an immediate crisis and the specter of an open-ended entitlement.    I'm for pragmatism in the real world.   I'm for Graham/Cassidy.   

And you know this how?  The people gave the Republicans majorities in BOTH houses because of the stated promise of a full repeal of Obamacare.

That sounds like a majority in favor of that which I speak.

You're for continuation of the status quo...which is the GOP establishment point of view and that of the Liberals in DC as well.

You're for continued Obamacare...just with the GOP brand on it.

Why do you want people to die unnecessarily?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »
People who don't support the latest POS legislation are not happy with the way things are.  Repeal is the only way to slay this beast and this legislation is not repeal.  A real conservative would not support any legislation that in effect keeps basic elements of Obamacare in place.  You can call this legislation, repeal, but calling it repeal does not make it repeal. 

I want the repeal all of these con artists promised us.  Why anyone would settle for less is beyond my comprehension.

I agree repeal has to be done.  This bill appears to be yet another lie by congress.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:34:22 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 01:37:03 pm »
Surely you're not that naive...
Do you think the Democrats got single-payer in one fell swoop? Surely you, much older than I, are not THAT naive!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 01:40:57 pm »
@Appplewood

But in this case, it's entirely true. Because there is not enough support in the Senate to repeal Obamacare entirely, every ounce of energy wasted opposing any bill that incrementally dismantles it is another day added to Obamacare's onerous and un-American mandates.

The Presidency was a different kind of competition. There was no default position. Neither major candidate was owed our vote. But there is a default position: if nothing happens, Obamacare stays in place intact, which is the same position that will happen if this vote is rejected.

Supporting this bill may not repeal Obamacare outright, but opposing it leaves it all intact. I wish some of you would understand that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:42:51 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 01:42:34 pm »
Do you think the Democrats got single-payer in one fell swoop? Surely you, much older than I, are not THAT naive!

They don't have single payer yet...but Republicans are sure trying to help them get there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 01:43:09 pm »
I agree repeal has to be done.  This bill appears to be yet another lie by congress.

@driftdiver

Agree with you 100% here.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 01:44:41 pm »
That's a lie and you know it. This is just childish, petulant game-playing that ensures people like me who want to opt-out of this mess of a health care system can't without Uncle Sam taking his pound of flesh anyway.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2017, 01:45:25 pm »

This isn't a Democraacy, it's a Republic.  Some things are beyond the ability of a majority decision, it's why we have a Constitution:  To protect the rights of the minority.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 01:47:24 pm »
But in this case, it's entirely true. Because there is not enough support in the Senate to repeal Obamacare entirely, every ounce of energy wasted opposing any bill that incrementally dismantles it is another day added to Obamacare's onerous and un-American mandates.

No it's not true.  Stop falling for that crap and repeating the Alinsky tactics on us.

If this POS bill goes through...and Trump's repeated promise of full repeal and McConnell's repeated promise of full repeal isn't realized and fulfilled...the House and Senate Republicans are going to be faced with an angry voting constituency come the Mid Terms.

And it won't be pretty for anyone.

Supporting this bill may not repeal Obamacare outright, but opposing it leaves it all intact. I wish some of you would understand that.

This bill leaves Obamacare in tact.  The only change is that it puts the GOP brand on it goin forward and the Dems are going to choke the life out of us with it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 01:49:10 pm »
Maybe Trump and the rest of the Republicans should keep their promises and repeal Obamacare.

Obama care repeal is ENTIRELY in the hands of Congress. All Trump can do is sign repeal legislation. Don't blame Trump for the liars in Congress.