Author Topic: Alabama GOP Senate Candidate Uses Racial Slurs in Speech  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Alabama GOP Senate Candidate Uses Racial Slurs in Speech
« on: September 19, 2017, 04:53:40 pm »
WASHINGTON — Roy Moore, the Republican front-runner in next week’s special Senate election in Alabama, referred to "reds and yellows fighting" in a campaign speech, a video shows.

Moore, the ultra-conservative former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, lamented racial divisions in his remarks on Sunday.

"We have blacks and whites fighting, reds and yellows fighting, Democrats and Republicans fighting, men and women fighting," he said.

"Red" and "yellow" are widely recognized as racial slurs.

Video of Moore's speech was made public by a Republican tracking the race and first reported by The Hill. NBC News also obtained the video.

Responding to criticism about his remarks on Facebook late Monday, Moore quoted the popular Bible school song, “Jesus Loves the Little Children," written in the 1800's.
"Red, yellow, black and white they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world. This is the Gospel. If we take it seriously, America can once again be united as one nation under God," Moore said.

Polls show Moore leading Sen. Luther Strange, the Republican appointed to the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions this year, in Tuesday’s Republican primary runoff. Moore and Strange will hold their first debate Thursday.

President Donald Trump is supporting Strange and will campaign for him on Saturday, though many conservative figures have lined up behind Moore, who is running as an anti-establishment firebrand.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/alabama-gop-senate-candidate-says-reds-yellows-are-fighting-n802461?cid=eml_onsite
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Alabama GOP Senate Candidate Uses Racial Slurs in Speech
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:54:59 pm »
The article from NBC goes on to claim that Moore said the 9-11 attacks were punishment from God.

Not sure I believe that.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:55:48 pm »
I don't really see those as "racial slurs"; perhaps they are. I could see someone saying them and them not being necessarily racist.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:07:40 pm »
LOLOL.  This is all they've got?  Anyone who went to Sunday School as a child immediately understood even before the explanation.  "Red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight....Jesus loves the little children of the world.  If that is racist according to the left then they need to get reeducated again.  As it is, they are merely displaying their own prejudice against all things Christian.  Moore scares them.  Or in liberal speak, they've got Moorephobia.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »
LOLOL.  This is all they've got?  Anyone who went to Sunday School as a child immediately understood even before the explanation.  "Red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight....Jesus loves the little children of the world.  If that is racist according to the left then they need to get reeducated again.  As it is, they are merely displaying their own prejudice against all things Christian.  Moore scares them.  Or in liberal speak, they've got Moorephobia.
Moore scares the bejeebers out of them. Invoking that Jesus loves them all is even worse, considering the Left wants to keep shredding them and selling the parts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:17:06 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 05:25:34 pm »
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/roy-moore-us-has-asked-for-shootings-and-killings-god
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/roy-moore-suggested-september-11-was-divine-punishment
“This iniquity will be to you as a breach ready to fall, swell out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instance,” Moore quoted, and added his own annotation: “Sounds a little bit like the Pentagon, whose breaking came suddenly at an instance, doesn’t it?”

“You know, we’ve suffered a lot in this country, maybe, just maybe, because we’ve distanced ourselves from the one that has it within his hands to heal this land,” he added.

The remarks were similar to comments Moore made in a speech at Georgetown in January 2003, as CNN noted, where he cited the Book of Isaiah foretold a “day of great slaughter when the towers fall.”

Okay, he cited Isaiah. He mentioned that some of what this country is suffering may be because we have distanced ourselves from The Almighty (and the principles He would have us live by).

Not the same thing as saying 9/11 was God punishing us.

But with some folks "suggested" is a refuge when they can't say "said".

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 05:49:10 pm »
I'm still wondering why Trump is supporting Strange, who is weak on illegal immigration.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 05:49:57 pm »

I must have heard that song a hundred times in Sunday School.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »
He is nothing more than a media whore who was also a birther.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 06:31:17 pm »
Well yes Democrat is a slur but a deserved one
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 06:42:05 pm »
He is nothing more than a media whore who was also a birther.

Pronouns, Kevin, pronouns.

We've been talking about two different people here.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 06:45:56 pm »
I'm still wondering why Trump is supporting Strange, who is weak on illegal immigration.

Because trump has proven himself weak on illegal immigration as well  All talk and no action.
God is still in control

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 06:56:32 pm »
Because trump has proven himself weak on illegal immigration as well  All talk and no action.

Yeah, he's let us down on that a bit lately.  I'm still hoping he'll come around.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 07:25:19 pm »

I'm with you on this one as far as what Judge Moore said being a racial slur.

But as we've seen in the past with George Allen in Virginia and a couple other races, certain people...most times DemocRAT (remember that one?) will take the smallest thing and suddenly make it a racial "slur"

But in all honesty...in this case...it wouldn't surprise me if McConnell is behind the "leak" of the video tape.  He's hand picked Luther strange and has threatened any consultant or ad agency with permanent banishment from any GOP business going forward if they work for Judge Moore.

Ol Turtle is a dirty tricks kinda guy every bit as good as his Dem counterparts.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 07:27:10 pm »

Because that's who McConnell is backing with his NRSC slush fund...and Strange is guaranteed to vote any way McConnell wants him to if he wins the election.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 07:34:08 pm »
I'm with you on this one as far as what Judge Moore said being a racial slur.

But as we've seen in the past with George Allen in Virginia and a couple other races, certain people...most times DemocRAT (remember that one?) will take the smallest thing and suddenly make it a racial "slur"

But in all honesty...in this case...it wouldn't surprise me if McConnell is behind the "leak" of the video tape.  He's hand picked Luther strange and has threatened any consultant or ad agency with permanent banishment from any GOP business going forward if they work for Judge Moore.

Ol Turtle is a dirty tricks kinda guy every bit as good as his Dem counterparts.

Ol Turtle could get in the ring with Schumer any day in the week.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 07:35:17 pm »
Because that's who McConnell is backing with his NRSC slush fund...and Strange is guaranteed to vote any way McConnell wants him to if he wins the election.

That's why I'm backing the other guy.  And, remember, the actual election is today even though it's not scheduled till December.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 07:37:55 pm »
Ol Turtle could get in the ring with Schumer any day in the week.

He probably taught Schumer a thing or two about dirty politics.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »
I guess the Lakota Medicine Wheel is racist, too.

Who knew?  :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:22:34 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 08:31:55 pm »
I guess the Lakota Medicine Wheel is racist, too.

Who knew?  :shrug:

Along with cotton balls.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 08:56:49 pm »
I don't really see those as "racial slurs"; perhaps they are. I could see someone saying them and them not being necessarily racist.

Jesus loves the little children

All the children of the world

Red, brown, yellow

Black and white

They are precious in His sight.

Jesus loves the little children

Of the world.

http://childbiblesongs.com/song-30-jesus-loves-the-little-children.shtml

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 09:05:58 pm »
I believe Trump is attempting to get Senate support in his various endeavors.  Strange is already part of 'The Club' due to his appointment to replace Sessions.

The Senate remains the club with the highest prestige in the land.

Here in Texas, David Dewhurst was the appointed successor of the Establishment to Hutchison when she retired.  The GOP went 'All In' to support him, spending 10x as much as the guy who won, Ted Cruz - the outsider.

I see the same thing happening here.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »
I believe Trump is attempting to get Senate support in his various endeavors.  Strange is already part of 'The Club' due to his appointment to replace Sessions.

The Senate remains the club with the highest prestige in the land.

Here in Texas, David Dewhurst was the appointed successor of the Establishment to Hutchison when she retired.  The GOP went 'All In' to support him, spending 10x as much as the guy who won, Ted Cruz - the outsider.

I see the same thing happening here.

I sure hope so.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 01:03:23 am »
I sure hope so.
Well, while I hope Moore wins, I was really just speaking about the reason Trump is supporting Strange.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington