Author Topic: President Trump's full speech to the UN General Assembly: Sep 19, 2017  (Read 3345 times)

Online dfwgator

Re: President Trump's full speech to the UN General Assembly: Sep 19, 2017
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »
The Norks may never use them.  The biggest danger with them is proliferation.  That's how they obtained their reprocessing capabilities - through the Pakistani A. Q. Khan network.  North Korea has almost zero economy, except for their nuclear/rocket program. Consider who they might sell that technology to and realize the security danger to the world.

I still think the Norks are trying to be "The Mouse That Roared."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »
Interesting that one of the leaders not present at this UN meeting was Putin. He was busy overseeing large scale wargames.   :pondering:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

RAT Patrol

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 05:09:56 pm »
To Trump:  Walk the talk.  Otherwise you're just a conman.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 05:10:30 pm »
If any other president was threatening to totally destroy another nation all I'd be reading on conservative sites was there there needs to be a declaration of war or at the very least an authorization from Congress to use force.

It's curious nobody is doing so, which leads me to believe nobody is taking Trumps threats seriously.... :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 06:46:21 pm »
If any other president was threatening to totally destroy another nation all I'd be reading on conservative sites was there there needs to be a declaration of war or at the very least an authorization from Congress to use force.

It's curious nobody is doing so, which leads me to believe nobody is taking Trumps threats seriously.... :shrug:

Well, what's funny is he's getting all this heat for delivering that bellicose language on the UN floor.  People seem to forget the Korean War was a UN action.  The US Lt. General William Harrison, Jr represented the UN at the armistice signing.  The state of war that still exists is really between NK, SK, and the UN.  Shows what feckless and useless organization they have become.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:48:09 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 07:28:24 pm »
again...from the great Clarice Feldman (Reese's Pieces - American Thinker)

daddy: Trish: What do you tell those who feel somewhat deserted by some of those people including yourself that were there from the beginning?

Gorka: I just gave a speech literally an hour ago to a crowd here in Washington where I said "Look, take a deep breath, relax, count to 10. just because Steve (Bannon) and I left the building does not mean the original Agenda is in danger. We are far more capable on the outside in supporting the President..."

Trish: You liked the speech today?

Gorka: Oh yes. Look, he went into the Heart of Darkness today. This is the UN that was meant to provide Peace and Stability since...the end of WW2. And it's become a hive of duplicitous Globalism...there is no Nation that has suffered more from Double Standards than Israel, and when Netanyahu calls this the best speeches he's heard in 30 years you know it was a good speech...

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 07:36:59 am »
23 replies 104 retweets 443 likes
Reply 23 Retweet 104 Like 443 Direct message
David Burge‏ @iowahawkblog 8h8 hours ago

UN: we condemn DPRK in the strongest terms

Trump: I will f##king nuke them back to the stone age

UN: OK, maybe not in the strongest terms

:laugh:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:37:51 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 01:07:52 pm »
Pakistan is the father of proliferation.  Remember A.Q. Khan??
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:10:00 pm by Rivergirl »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 01:21:18 pm »
To Trump:  Walk the talk.  Otherwise you're just a conman.

Our country faces a great threat; I'd think just as many support the president in a time of war, so they would with Trump. In fact, we all should be praying for him. Such remarks are truly disgusting.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 01:22:36 pm »
Our country faces a great threat; I'd think just as many support the president in a time of war, so they would with Trump. In fact, we all should be praying for him. Such remarks are truly disgusting.

:bigsilly:

Rational people don't choose to join your cult of personality.  Stop worshipping Trump. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »
We ought to be praying for tom sea.  There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 02:34:14 pm »
:bigsilly:

Rational people don't choose to join your cult of personality.  Stop worshipping Trump.
  :boring:
No body is worshiping anyone. Per my signature, I have my values. They are conservative values. Seems we can't even comment on why we support the GOP candidate.  He has tried to fulfill the platform, some with success.

He has to deal with the Iran threat, the North Korean threat and they pose a threat because of the performances of prior presidents and congresses, none of his doing and ISIS too.

Thanks for the chance to say why I'm supporting him.

Commander in Chief, head of the military by the Constitution. Some cult, huh? Is that all one can come up with?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:36:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 02:34:34 pm »
We ought to be praying for tom sea.  There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Yep, I can hear that on Judgement day.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 02:43:04 pm »
It was a good speech overall, but the "rocket man" nonsense really needs to stop.

That common touch, eg. using the term Rocket Man, rather than weaselly diplospeak at the UN, is exactly the element of Trump’s personal style that attracted so many to him and why Trump beat Cruz and Hillary.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 02:45:43 pm »
That common touch, eg. using the term Rocket Man, rather than weaselly diplospeak at the UN, is exactly the element of Trump’s personal style that attracted so many to him and why Trump beat Cruz and Hillary.

What was the purpose of the speech and who was his target audience?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 01:34:20 am »
@aligncare

That "common touch" is not what I have ever equated to Conservatism its simply emotion.

The left has been the haven for emotional fools ...Trumps rise has simply affirmed the demographic applies to the emotional fools on both sides... :shrug:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 11:36:12 am »
So  now we are loving ridicule which has always been DT's way of actually discussing an issue.
Count me out.  Hated it during the primaries and hate it on the world stage.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »
So  now we are loving ridicule which has always been DT's way of actually discussing an issue.
Count me out.  Hated it during the primaries and hate it on the world stage.

"Rocket man" is the kind of terminology you use when speaking off the cuff or in casual company.  That he included it in a prepared speech complete with telepromter sounded immature and unprofessional, and imo marred an otherwise good speech.

Offline anubias

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 02:17:13 pm »
"Rocket Man" says that little Kim isn't deserving of respect even at the UN. It leaves the impression that is all the man is and does. He is not a President. He is a lunatic that fires rockets.

Agree with it or not, but it is a strategy that has intended results.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 02:19:09 pm »
"Rocket man" is the kind of terminology you use when speaking off the cuff or in casual company.  That he included it in a prepared speech complete with telepromter sounded immature and unprofessional, and imo marred an otherwise good speech.

@RoosGirl I couldn't agree more.  I thought it was a good speech with some tough messages that the UN needed to hear, but as is often the case with this President, I think he shot himself in the foot with this "Rocket Man" nonsense.  This juvenile name-calling demeans the Office of the Presidency and takes away from his messaging IMO.  Further, given that Kim Jung-Un actually aspires to be a "Rocket Man", it's not even clear to me that calling him that accomplishes the apparent goal of mocking Kim.  Another self-inflicted wound by this Administration.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 02:22:12 pm »
"Rocket Man" is what you get when you elect a non-politician.

This simple phrase has garnered a lot of attention and will probably do more good then all the diplomatically couched threats could. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:11 pm »

This simple phrase has garnered a lot of attention and will probably do more good then all the diplomatically couched threats could.

Yes, I even saw Trump was receiving positive comments exactly for saying "rocket man". There are articles out there.

Some of Trump's rhetoric I'm not too sure about... but then, I know it is probably cleared with his military advisors whom he puts the utmost trust in.

As said yesterday, ISIS, North Korea and Iran... these are 3 problems, Trump has had absolutely nothing to do with in creating; and we don't need the blame game. He's just dealing with the matter.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:45 pm »

I wished he had said "Roos Man".

Offline TomSea

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 02:34:24 pm »
"Rocket Man" says that little Kim isn't deserving of respect even at the UN. It leaves the impression that is all the man is and does. He is not a President. He is a lunatic that fires rockets.

Agree with it or not, but it is a strategy that has intended results.

That's pretty good analysis.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 02:44:56 pm »

Not just any non politician; but Donald Trump, the man of steel. Any other non politician would have withered under the kind of all out assaults Trump has shaken off. Recall that Ross Perot was also a non politician who quickly got out of the kitchen once it got too hot.

I should mention also that Trump’s status as a non politician is exactly why the deep state is so desperate to destroy not only Trump, but anyone even remotely connected with Trump. The message is clear to any future interlopers. Try to break into establishment territory and we will totally destroy you, your reputation, your career, your family and your finances. Don’t ever think about doing that again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 03:05:29 pm by aligncare »