Author Topic: Health Buzz: Teens, You Should Think Before You Get a Tattoo  (Read 505 times)

rangerrebew

Health Buzz: Teens, You Should Think Before You Get a Tattoo
« on: September 19, 2017, 01:22:16 pm »

Health Buzz: Teens, You Should Think Before You Get a Tattoo
If anything, consider what it could cost you.

By David Oliver , Associate Editor, Social Media |Sept. 18, 2017, at 10:51 a.m.

Parents of any stripe would likely do a double-take if their precious baby came home with a tattoo or piercing – particularly if the child hadn't discussed it with his or her parents first. A new American Academy of Pediatrics report – the first clinical one on the subject of tattoos and piercings – aims to provide guidance for both parents and teens on the subject.

The report, released Monday, notes there's much to consider when getting a tattoo or piercing. One 2014 survey revealed that 76 percent of 2,700 people said they thought a tattoo or piercing affected their ability to get a job.

http://health.usnews.com/wellness/health-buzz/articles/2017-09-18/teens-think-before-you-get-a-tattoo-report-says

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Health Buzz: Teens, You Should Think Before You Get a Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:24 am »
Title:
"Teens, You Should Think Before You Get a Tattoo"

Teens?
Thought?
Those two words go together?     ;)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:20:50 am »
No way!  I say go for it!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:34:33 am »
No way!  I say go for it!

It's nice to see someone that believes in truth in advertising!
I worked for a man whose two daughters, both under twenty one married young men who were into tattoos, nothing really outlandish but all of them spent a lot of money on them, when they griped to dad, their employer that they needed to make more money because they couldn't get by. He told them that first they needed to learn the lesson that they couldn't eat tattoos and then they would be just fine with the pay they already received.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:50:19 pm »
... He told them that first they needed to learn the lesson that they couldn't eat tattoos and then they would be just fine with the pay they already received.

I've let my kids know that getting a tattoo was an public announcement they were off Daddy's payroll forever.  I won't change how I love them, but I suggested there was better uses for their money while they depended on us for college expenses.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer