Author Topic: Anti-communist mob attacks Indonesia meeting, 22 arrested  (Read 854 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anti-communist mob attacks Indonesia meeting, 22 arrested
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:13:05 am »
Anti-communist mob attacks Indonesia meeting, 22 arrested
Associated Press

JAKARTA, Indonesia –  A mob opposed to public discussion of Indonesia's 1965 massacre of communists tried to force its way into a Jakarta building where they believed communists were meeting, injuring five policemen.

Jakarta police spokesman Argo Yuwono said 22 people were arrested early Monday for rioting and five officers were injured in the confrontation.

The melee came a day after police blockaded the building on Saturday to stop a public forum on the massacre, in which historians say half a million people were killed, from going ahead.

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/18/anti-communist-mob-attacks-indonesia-meeting-22-arrested.html

Offline TomSea

Re: Anti-communist mob attacks Indonesia meeting, 22 arrested
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:23:46 am »
This world history I certainly don't know, I've read some. An early Mel Gibson movie was "The year of living dangerously" on the situation in Indonesia:

Filming

Although originally set to be filmed in Jakarta, permission to film in Indonesia was denied, so the bulk of the film was shot in the Philippines. Death threats against Weir and Gibson from Muslims who believed the film would be anti-Islam forced the production to move to Australia. Gibson downplayed the death threats, saying, "It wasn't really that bad. We got a lot of death threats to be sure, but I just assumed that when there are so many, it must mean nothing is really going to happen. I mean, if they meant to kill us, why send a note?"[12][13]

Gibson described his character Guy, saying, β€œHe's not a silver-tongued devil. He's kind of immature and he has some rough edges and I guess you could say the same for me.”[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_of_Living_Dangerously_(film)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:29:05 am »
500k dead communists is a lot.   Imagine how many would have died if the communists took over.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:25:08 am »
I think we could use some of those "anti-communist mobs" right here.

To clean things out once and for all.

I'm not joking.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 01:40:39 am »
I think we could use some of those "anti-communist mobs" right here.

To clean things out once and for all.

I'm not joking.
@Fishrrman

And who did this were mainly if not totally Muslim mobs or soldiers, there's really quite a bit to research on this.

Not the kind of guys I would want to fool with. Oh, and it seems these people helped the Japanese because the Japanese threw the Dutch out in World War II in Indonesia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_killings_of_1965%E2%80%9366

But I can see how back in the day, the Vietnamese war was raging, so if the Indonesians went after the Communists; we must have thought fine.

http://www.newmandala.org/massacre-memory-and-the-wounds-of-1965/

As an aside, Obama went to school in Indonesia, it must have been in the '60s.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:49:24 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 01:51:49 am »
In our rush to fight Communism, probably the correct thing to do; but at the same time, it may have helped water radical Islam, as in Afghanistan, as in Indonesia, etc. Now, we are dealing with this devil. Radical Islam.