Author Topic: Trump Considering Holding July 4 Military Parade  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump Considering Holding July 4 Military Parade
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 11:13:21 am »
True.  My Mom "served" by working in a factory that made equipment for the war effort.  Many people who didn't actually serve in the military still did their part. 

My parents are gone now and the number of members of the Greatest Generation as they were called, is dwindling rapidly.  Soon there will be no one left to instill that kind of commitment in the current generation.

My great grandmother said she used to love seeing and hearing the B-24 Liberators flying out of Willow Run on their test flights every day. Her daughter , my grandmother was in the WAVES.

very cool video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=6DjoxVrG92M

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump Considering Holding July 4 Military Parade
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 11:41:37 am »
@Cripplecreek

Thank you for that video.  I don't remember my parents talking much about the victory gardens, but I know they always had a garden out backof their house. After Dad retired, the garden grew in size and variety. He particularly liked growing different varieties of tomatoes, but he always had green beans, yellow beans, peppers and zucchini.  Most years he would try his hand at raising other fruit znd vegetables.  There is still a berry patch by the back fence that grows on its own every year. That love of gardening was passed on to my brother and me, although in recent years since my disability,  my "garden" has consisted of one lonely tomato plant grown in a pot on the front porch. To me, there is nothing as good as produce fresh off the vine or tree.