Author Topic: Trump Considering Holding July 4 Military Parade  (Read 2059 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Considering Holding July 4 Military Parade
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:55:30 pm »

By Jason Devaney   |   Monday, 18 Sep 2017 04:33 PM

President Donald Trump is thinking about having a Fourth of July military parade in the nation's capital next summer.

Trump made an appearance with French President Emmanuel Macron at the United Nations on Monday and said he was impressed with a similar show of military pride during his visit to France on Bastille Day over the summer.

"Because of what I witnessed, we may do something like that on July 4th in Washington down Pennsylvania Avenue," Trump said. "It was really a beautiful thing to see."

Trump said he began speaking with aides about the idea after his Parisian trip in mid-July.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/US/donald-trump-fourth-of-july-july-4-military-parade/2017/09/18/id/814285/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump Considering Holding July 4 Military Parade
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:14:10 pm »
This accused "high stepper," would be honored to march again, in such a parade.

It would bring back memories of marching on other fields, in California, Indiana and Germany in service to my country.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:22:59 pm »
Why not, its healthy IMO. Plus it'll drive the bed wetters nuts.

gogogodzilla

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 01:55:45 am »
Like this?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 03:02:32 am »

Don't stop there, Donald.  Get the right duds and an all female guard contingent.  In for a penny, in for a pound.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 10:33:07 am »
We're already involved with local communities on the 4th participating in parades and other events.

Turning it into "mandatory fun" will kill morale and defeat the purpose of community relations with the military.

Not to mention it smacks of the dog and pony shows put on by Russia, China and the Norks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 10:36:31 am »
Like this?

That was my first mental picture when I read this post. 

If Trump leaves out the military hardware, this kind of parade would be a good thing.  We need to honor our military.  God knows in 8 years of Obama, there wasn't any.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 11:15:45 am »
That was my first mental picture when I read this post. 

If Trump leaves out the military hardware, this kind of parade would be a good thing.  We need to honor our military.  God knows in 8 years of Obama, there wasn't any.

We're honored every day by every day Americans proud of what we do.

We don't need a national spectacle to validate our importance to the country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 11:19:37 am »
Why not, its healthy IMO. Plus it'll drive the bed wetters nuts.

It struck me that there are Americans who seem embarrassed by a display of military patriotism. Why? America has a proud and honored tradition of civilian control of military service. I look back on my service and feel enriched by the experience.

Presidential inaugurations are attended by military pomp, too. Didn't seem to bother anyone before.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 11:25:38 am »
We're honored every day by every day Americans proud of what we do.

We don't need a national spectacle to validate our importance to the country.

No, you probably don't and I think I see your point  But kids nowadays are being taught that military service is something to be ashamed of.   I just think we need to do something to counter that BS. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 11:34:50 am »
We're already involved with local communities on the 4th participating in parades and other events.

Turning it into "mandatory fun" will kill morale and defeat the purpose of community relations with the military.

Not to mention it smacks of the dog and pony shows put on by Russia, China and the Norks.

I remember watching my uncle march in local parades as a kid. He was a local National Guardsman marching in a local parade as it should be.

Offline verga

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:07 am »
No, you probably don't and I think I see your point  But kids nowadays are being taught that military service is something to be ashamed of.   I just think we need to do something to counter that BS.
@Applewood I agree 100% We live in a small town and we have a July 4th parade every year, and it is a mazing to see the kids salute the veterans and the active duty. They see themselves as the next generation in a long line.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 11:46:27 am »
I remember watching my uncle march in local parades as a kid. He was a local National Guardsman marching in a local parade as it should be.

We are in interesting times now, we weren't dealing with global islamic militants back then. A little show of national readiness sends an important message. And I don't think that message is that I need to worry about a military coup in America.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:58 pm »
@Applewood I agree 100% We live in a small town and we have a July 4th parade every year, and it is a mazing to see the kids salute the veterans and the active duty. They see themselves as the next generation in a long line.

I live in a small town too, but the town can't afford parades. Too many people on public assistance and only a handful of taxpayers.  Besides, the town is strongly Democrat and the kids aren't taught to respect things like  the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence.  I'll bet most of them don't even know what's in those documents.  All they know is what they hear from the teachers -- that those documents are either outdated or evil symbols of American imperialism or something. We older folks are a dying breed and when we're  gone, the younger generation won't know anything about what it took to get the freedom they had.   And because they don't know,  their freedom will eventually be lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 02:02:36 pm »
No, you probably don't and I think I see your point  But kids nowadays are being taught that military service is something to be ashamed of.  I just think we need to do something to counter that BS.

@Applewood

I agree.  And quite honestly as much as I don't want to see it have to come back...the draft was responsible for a lot more people appreciating the sacrifice of being in the military.  Yeah there were and always will be the people that do a couple years and get out and spend the rest of their lives cursing the Military...but IMHO by and large the majority of those that got drafted and served and came home weren't ashamed of their service and defended the military against the people that hate us.

Going to an all volunteer force...while making us more professional because we filled the ranks with people who (for the most part) wanted to be in uniform and make it a career...had the downside of allowing about 3 generations now to not know what it means to put on the uniform of your country and defend it's citizens.

A lot of the solution starts at home...and how we fix that I'm not sure.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »
We are in interesting times now, we weren't dealing with global islamic militants back then.

We've been dealing with global Islamic militants for about 5 decades now.  They didn't just appear in the 90's.

A little show of national readiness sends an important message. And I don't think that message is that I need to worry about a military coup in America.

And a big showy dog and pony show parade would play right into the media narratives about Trump and the military in general.

I guess the upside of that for you and a few others is that it gives you something else to slam the MSM about in their unfair coverage of Trump.

Self licking ice cream cone.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 02:12:04 pm »
Like this?

Quite frankly, I doubt very much our military could be as proficient in the march/parade choreographic style.

...unless in involved "moonwalking".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 02:18:20 pm »
Quite frankly, I doubt very much our military could be as proficient in the march/parade choreographic style.

...unless in involved "moonwalking".

Thankfully they still teach us how to march...in a straight line too  :laugh:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 03:00:47 pm »

Self licking ice cream cone.

More like a self kissing ass.

Maybe its just me but it seems that Trumpers have a great love of anything they think intimidates people or "sticks it" to someone.

Typical bullies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »
Thankfully they still teach us how to march...in a straight line too  :laugh:

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 04:42:46 pm »
He really needs a uniform too. Something with a whole lot of salad on the chest and maybe some aiguillettes (gold of course). And a snazzy hat, that's a must.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 04:55:52 pm »
He really needs a uniform too. Something with a whole lot of salad on the chest and maybe some aiguillettes (gold of course). And a snazzy hat, that's a must.

See post 4
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
@Applewood

I agree.  And quite honestly as much as I don't want to see it have to come back...the draft was responsible for a lot more people appreciating the sacrifice of being in the military.  Yeah there were and always will be the people that do a couple years and get out and spend the rest of their lives cursing the Military...but IMHO by and large the majority of those that got drafted and served and came home weren't ashamed of their service and defended the military against the people that hate us.

Going to an all volunteer force...while making us more professional because we filled the ranks with people who (for the most part) wanted to be in uniform and make it a career...had the downside of allowing about 3 generations now to not know what it means to put on the uniform of your country and defend it's citizens.

A lot of the solution starts at home...and how we fix that I'm not sure.
[/b]

Well, I think most of us either served or had someone in the family who served.  In my case, Dad and his brothers served in WW II.  In those days it was highly unusual not to have served and the military took anyone and everyone. For example,  Dad had a friend who lost an eye.  Didn't matter.  The Army took him.

This younger generation today is more likely to not have anyone who served or even remotely know anyone who served.  So the likelihood of them learning respect for military service from family members is slim to none.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 07:47:03 pm »
[/b]

Well, I think most of us either served or had someone in the family who served.  In my case, Dad and his brothers served in WW II.  In those days it was highly unusual not to have served and the military took anyone and everyone. For example,  Dad had a friend who lost an eye.  Didn't matter.  The Army took him.

This younger generation today is more likely to not have anyone who served or even remotely know anyone who served.  So the likelihood of them learning respect for military service from family members is slim to none.

In WWII the entire population was invested in the war. My great grandmother said that everybody in town made sure their victory garden was planted where the neighbors could see them.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 10:28:35 am »
In WWII the entire population was invested in the war. My great grandmother said that everybody in town made sure their victory garden was planted where the neighbors could see them.

True.  My Mom "served" by working in a factory that made equipment for the war effort.  Many people who didn't actually serve in the military still did their part. 

My parents are gone now and the number of members of the Greatest Generation as they were called, is dwindling rapidly.  Soon there will be no one left to instill that kind of commitment in the current generation.