Author Topic: Clinton 'rejects premise' husband meeting AG Lynch on tarmac critically hurt campaign  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton 'rejects premise' husband meeting AG Lynch on tarmac critically hurt campaign
Published September 17, 2017
Fox News

Hillary Clinton rejects the idea that a June 2016 meeting between her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch critically damaged her White House bid.

“I just don’t buy that,” Clinton said in a PBS interview aired Friday evening to promote her new book, “What Happened,” about her loss last year to Donald Trump.

As Clinton has in several other, recent interviews promoting the book, she heaped much of the blame on then-FBI Director James Comey.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/17/clinton-rejects-premise-husband-meeting-ag-lynch-on-tarmac-critically-hurt-campaign.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Do I think that cost her votes?
Well, no, actually.

Most Democrats didn't give a bloody toad fart what Hillary had or hadn't done.
Those who supported her likely did so right through to the end.

I think there were plenty of pee-ohed Berners out there still ticked that she had finagled the nomination, and that might have hurt a little in enthusiasm for GOTV efforts.

Neither side had their most massive turnouts, implying large unhappy factions on both sides, and overall, the other ('third') parties gained support, perhaps out of Republicrat fatigue.

These were ordinary Clinton dirty tricks and cheats, and a meeting between the AG and Bubba would be expected by those who thought she'd make a good POTUS.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Well Bill and Chelsea are the only ones she hasn't blamed for her loss, though maybe she just hasn't gotten around to them yet.

But when you consider that the meeting is what caused Lynch to give Comey free rein, it's patently absurd to say it had no effect while at the same time blaming Comey's handling of the investigation for the loss. Bill's odious remora obviously isn't in the same league with him when it comes to spinning these false narratives...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Smokin Joe

Well Bill and Chelsea are the only ones she hasn't blamed for her loss, though maybe she just hasn't gotten around to them yet.

But when you consider that the meeting is what caused Lynch to give Comey free rein, it's patently absurd to say it had no effect while at the same time blaming Comey's handling of the investigation for the loss. Bill's odious remora obviously isn't in the same league with him when it comes to spinning these false narratives...
Meh. It is another Clinton smokescreen. "Comey had free rein" "The investigation was re-opened" and the end result: "They found nothing, twice! "
I think the important part for the Clintons was that she walk, whether it was up the steps to the Inauguration podium or not, but I seriously doubt it had any significant effect on voters. She still won the popular vote, and only lost in the electoral college.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Meh. It is another Clinton smokescreen. "Comey had free rein" "The investigation was re-opened" and the end result: "They found nothing, twice! "
I think the important part for the Clintons was that she walk, whether it was up the steps to the Inauguration podium or not, but I seriously doubt it had any significant effect on voters. She still won the popular vote, and only lost in the electoral college.

I wasn't implying that Comey did affect the outcome - there's zero evidence of that. I was only commenting on the absurd inconsistency of her lame excuses...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Smokin Joe

I wasn't implying that Comey did affect the outcome - there's zero evidence of that. I was only commenting on the absurd inconsistency of her lame excuses...
Oh, she's firing wildly in every direction but the right one.

C S Lewis