Author Topic: 'Damn near everyone on the plane was crying' ......  (Read 446 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'Damn near everyone on the plane was crying' ......
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:12:02 pm »
Full title: 'Damn near everyone on the plane was crying': Delta passenger captures the heart-wrenching moment a sailor's body is removed from an aircraft and met by her weeping family after she died on duty
Daily Mail/UK, Sep 16, 2017

The moment a fallen soldier was returned to her family in Oklahoma was so overwhelming for passengers on a commercial flight it brought nearly everyone to tears.

Passenger Mike Helms said when his plane landed at Will Rogers World Airport Thursday night, the crew informed passengers of the special significance of the flight.

'When we stopped at the terminal, the pilot announced that he would like to inform us that we were flying one of our fallen soldiers home to her family,' Helms wrote to Facebook.

'He asked that we remain on the plane until our soldier was removed from the plane first. He also asked that we give a moment of silence.'

Helms said as he looked outside, he could see the casket, draped in the American flag, emerging from the plane.

Next to it, the mother and father of Brooke Newton, 25, were hysterically crying, and members of her unit were saluting her.

'This moment hit me hard for some reason. I couldn't hold back tears. As I looked around the plane, I was hoping nobody would see my moment of weakness... But to my surprise, damn near everyone on the plane was crying,' he recounted.

'It was amazing to see people of all races and religions on the Delta flight that night pay their respects to a soldier and her family,' Helm said. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4891212/Heart-wrenching-moment-fallen-soldier-returned-home.html#ixzz4sxOpQ0Iz

Online Hoodat

Re: 'Damn near everyone on the plane was crying' ......
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:10:18 pm »
I cried reading the story.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mom MD

Re: 'Damn near everyone on the plane was crying' ......
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »
I cried reading the story.

I didn't cry at all   Must have dropped my screen in the sink tho   It was all blurry and damp....
God is still in control